Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Arena is kind of ridic right now


  • Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#141 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 263
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostDeeklol, on 23 May 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

skillcomps in WoW?

Posted Image
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#142 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1508
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostPersephones, on 23 May 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

This really only applies for sub 2.2k, if you push for 2.4k then all you'll meet is still caster cleaves. Elem shamans seem to have taken spriests' spots.
Maybe in europe
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#143 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 342
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Maybe my pool of realms is just poluted by them. It's getting really old facing spell cleaves pumping randomy damage and eventuelly winning with next to zero cc.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#144 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 281
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

now that MD got raped in a couple of weeks our hunter/mage friends will start whining about lock 10 second instant aoe uncounterable dispel and that will get nerfed aswell huehue

#145 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postwtfbro, on 23 May 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

now that MD got raped in a couple of weeks our hunter/mage friends will start whining about lock 10 second instant aoe uncounterable dispel and that will get nerfed aswell huehue

lock dispel only dispels 1 buff, can counter it rng wise pretty easily

#146 snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I was playing affliciton mls last night and had 6 games where there were cross kills

#147 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 6225
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 22 May 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

The game was even more of a joke in tbc then it is now, but people nostalgia too hard to realize it. It was a different kind of stupid, but stupid none the less, anyone who thinks sl/sl warlocks, 4 piece/4piece rogues, macestun/stormherald warriors, 3 lifeblooms outhealing ANYTHING, and everything else that made up s3/4, was somehow more skillfull then the game today, is insane. The game has always been stupid, glad has never been particularly hard, its easier/harder for different classes each season, but it was sure as hell easier when their were 300 glad spots on every bg from 2s

No nostalgia here in question. SL/SL warlocks had multiple ways of getting beat, both for 2s and for 3s; 4pc/4pc rogues weren't nearly as OP as anything that followed in next xpacks; stormherald was only really good during s1; dispel system was there for a reason when it came to druids. EVERYTHING could be countered except a really really good rogue with full pve gear, and even then - if he overextended like a dickhead he'd still get dropped.

And you saying "Glad was never particularly hard" makes me believe you're one of those people who diss TBC just to diss it. If you were any good during that period, you'd see that there was actual competition back then.

Edited by Lolflay, 24 May 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Quote

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#148 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostLolflay, on 24 May 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

No nostalgia here in question. SL/SL warlocks had multiple ways of getting beat, both for 2s and for 3s; 4pc/4pc rogues weren't nearly as OP as anything that followed in next xpacks; stormherald was only really good during s1; dispel system was there for a reason when it came to druids. EVERYTHING could be countered except a really really good rogue with full pve gear, and even then - if he overextended like a dickhead he'd still get dropped.

And you saying "Glad was never particularly hard" makes me believe you're one of those people who diss TBC just to diss it. If you were any good during that period, you'd see that there was actual competition back then.

This... There has always been the broken stuff

s1: stormherald, pally/war in general
s2: druids started showing up, sl/sl
s3: Warrior/Druid beat everything, glaives started becoming a popular thing, sl/sl
s4: Ret pallys, glaive rogue/druid
s5: Dks, ret pallies, holy pallys, bm hunters, survival hunters..... list goes on
s6: Frost death knights, destro warlocks, ele shamans, beastcleave, ret pallys... list goes on
s7: prot pally healers then later ridic prot pally dps, prot warriors, armor pen warriors, still destro locks
s8: wizard cleaves of any variant
s9: ferals, mages, warriors, frost dks, enhancement for a while.. list goes on
s10: no one played enough for anything broken to exist because it was so fucked, but legendary staff..
s11: Legendaries/cunning/vial/heroic DW weapons, 5x tentacle proc soloing you, RLS, triple dps, LSD2
s12: 5.1 warriors/hunters/spriests/mages etc
s13: first half - spriests/hunters/mages/rogues broken, second half - we'll see...


I think glad started losing what little merit it had when cata came out, IIRC s8 was still pretty damn active (50~ slots for glad). My friends and I were talking about this the other day. Something that made Wotlk, and BC to some extent fun was that you could be successful playing just about anything if you played well. For example, in s8 we played enh/war/rduid to 2650ish when our BG was overrun with MLS and Double Healer with some LSD sprinkled around. We would almost always lose to the mage teams due to no dispel/freedom for nova, but we beat double healer so bad it kind of balanced out. You can't do things like that anymore though, how often do you really see a "unique" comp at a high rating these days?

Every single team above 2200 on my bg has at least one, if not two of the following:  Hunter, Mage, or Spriest.

I would say glad is probably a little harder if you play a team without one of those three classes this season.

#149 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

priest as never been broken, im proud of myself!

#150 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 490
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postdionim, on 24 May 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

priest as never been broken, im proud of myself!

disc, no, shadow, yes

#151 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 677
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Glad was way, way easier in BC, in that there were like two thousand or so Gladiator slots then, as opposed to probably less than 200 now.  In the US anyway, I didn't look at the title calc for EU (and also I didn't actually add them up, I only eyeballed them).

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#152 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1034
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostToitles, on 24 May 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Glad was way, way easier in BC, in that there were like two thousand or so Gladiator slots then, as opposed to probably less than 200 now.  In the US anyway, I didn't look at the title calc for EU (and also I didn't actually add them up, I only eyeballed them).
no no, it was more like 3 million spots.

#153

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostLolflay, on 24 May 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

No nostalgia here in question. SL/SL warlocks had multiple ways of getting beat, both for 2s and for 3s; 4pc/4pc rogues weren't nearly as OP as anything that followed in next xpacks; stormherald was only really good during s1; dispel system was there for a reason when it came to druids. EVERYTHING could be countered except a really really good rogue with full pve gear, and even then - if he overextended like a dickhead he'd still get dropped.

And you saying "Glad was never particularly hard" makes me believe you're one of those people who diss TBC just to diss it. If you were any good during that period, you'd see that there was actual competition back then.

I don't know what game you were playing where you think  EVERYTHING had a counter, by the end of s4, resto druids were on close to 90% of 2s teams, and 80% of 3s teams, s4 resto druids were literally more op then s9 resto shaman or s5 dk's. There were quite literally, double resto druid 2's teams that got glad in s4 because they just could not lose, and stayed until you left. I could be remembering this wrong, but I think stormherald had 127 dps on it, and s3 weapon had like 134, + stormherald had the stun, so it was definitely good until at least through s2, and during s3, not to mention mace stun in general. Also windfury/sword spec was cool. Sl/sl was uncounterable when drain life/siphon life were not affected by ms, so they could just drain tank melee and not die, i dont remember if that changed in s2 or 3, unless of course you had your 300 shadowresist BT set, HARP rogues were one of the dumbest things this game has ever seen, then warglaive/ 4piece/4piece rogues just pve'd unhealable damage into you, double healer drain teams were the most aids thing in history of this entire game. I'm in no way trying to say the game is better now then it was in tbc or wotlk, just that the game has always had horrible balance and always will.

I'm not "dissing tbc just to diss it," I enjoyed the hell out of it, but I can can see it for what it was, the same imbalanced shit this game has always been. Its like people who nostalgia Vanilla, vanilla was fun as hell but looking back it was riddled with obscene problems.

View PostDjandawg, on 25 May 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

no no, it was more like 3 million spots.

In s3 there were 250 or so glad spots in 2s, 150 in 3s, and 50-60 in 5s, on almost every US bg, compared to now where there is 1 5s spot per bg and 10-15 in 3s everywhere but bloodlust. If i remember correctly, glad cut off in 2s on Vengeance in s4 was like 2069, which barely even qualified for the weapon, and not even for the shoulders. I dont know how anyone can honestly say glad was harder in tbc when their were more people getting it on each bg then get it in all of North America today.

Edited by Radejjj, 25 May 2013 - 02:04 AM.


#154 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3545
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Just wanna chime in and say you couldn't get stormherald in s1.

Peace

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#155 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1034
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

Numbers are way off, especially EU. TBC had it's own difficulties, which I cba listing. Just don't judge the state of the game and its difficulty; 6 years after TBC, when you play a game that is practically solved and every tiny bit of information that could give an edge has been shared through youtube channels, instructional videos, streams and amazing addons etc.
.

Edited by Djandawg, 25 May 2013 - 02:19 AM.


#156

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 25 May 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Numbers are way off, especially EU. TBC had it's own difficulties, which I cba listing. Just don't judge the state of the game and its difficulty; 6 years after TBC, when you play a game that is practically solved and every tiny bit of information that could give an edge has been shared through youtube channels, instructional videos, streams and amazing addons etc.
.

That's definitely something I think a lot of people overlook when they say skill doesn't matter as much anymore. The skillcap in this game isn't like starcraft, it isn't THAT high. EVERYONE is significantly better now then they were in tbc. What was skillful in tbc is expected now at pretty low ratings, Ive used this example a few times in this thread because its a good one, sapping off blinds, or any kind of cc really. That was skillfull in tbc, now it's something that everyone just does, because everyone is better. Be it because of addons, guides, or 24 hour streams by top players, the game isn't necessarily worse, people are just better at it.

#157 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 25 May 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:



That's definitely something I think a lot of people overlook when they say skill doesn't matter as much anymore. The skillcap in this game isn't like starcraft, it isn't THAT high. EVERYONE is significantly better now then they were in tbc. What was skillful in tbc is expected now at pretty low ratings, Ive used this example a few times in this thread because its a good one, sapping off blinds, or any kind of cc really. That was skillfull in tbc, now it's something that everyone just does, because everyone is better. Be it because of addons, guides, or 24 hour streams by top players, the game isn't necessarily worse, people are just better at it.


This makes the old neilyo videos come to mind. His videos were revolutionary at the time.. Vanishing death coils etc at the time wasn't something you ever saw. Any rogue can do it now though.

#158 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 4336
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostBraindance, on 25 May 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Just wanna chime in and say you couldn't get stormherald in s1.

Peace

What are you talking about? SSC and TK were in the game when the expansion launched.

Edited by fant0m8, 25 May 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#159 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3545
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 25 May 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

What are you talking about? SSC and TK were in the game when the expansion launched.
So? Like 2-3 guilds PER SERVER had ssc cleared by the end of s1. On mine I had only one. And not only that, but the vortexes (vortices?) required were bop, so you had like 3 people per server by the end of s1 with herald (and most made the axe and not the mace - esp ppl that pve'd). Herald became widespread in s3 and beyond where vortexes became available to most.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#160 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostBraindance, on 25 May 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

So? Like 2-3 guilds PER SERVER had ssc cleared by the end of s1. On mine I had only one. And not only that, but the vortexes (vortices?) required were bop, so you had like 3 people per server by the end of s1 with herald (and most made the axe and not the mace - esp ppl that pve'd). Herald became widespread in s3 and beyond where vortexes became available to most.

Even my shitty server back in s1-3 (Sisters of Elune - RP) had vortex farming groups running all the time. People had them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<