Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Arena is kind of ridic right now


  • Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#101 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1301
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Patches come and go but this community never changes. Sigh.

#102 Rekkiem

Rekkiem
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 74
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

LSD2 felt completely unhealable.
Enh is hilarious. that is all
pushing it to the limit since 1985
:druid::priest::rogue:

#103 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1736
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

I have not yet been able to play more than a couple games, but I want to say that before you come on here and complain, please do your best to completely understand what is happening with your opponents.  I hear way too many people complain about specs without knowing anything about how they work, or why their opponent just got super lucky (or used an expensive set of cooldowns) to kill them so quickly.

I'm not saying the game is perfectly balanced, but it'd be better for both the community and your individual skill if you stay constructive and hungry for knowledge.

Edit: and for fucks sake, please use real numbers.

Edited by Nadagast, 23 May 2013 - 10:24 AM.


#104 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostSelicia, on 22 May 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Healing Tide is bugged. It skips healing some pulses. Rsham healing dropped a lot. When I played it on the PTR it felt this low, but nobody listened when I brought it up. Unleash Surge crits on targets at 15% health are healing for 80-100k now instead of 200k+. Not sure why. That's way more than the -15% reduction.

So you got realistic numbers now? Instead of the 250k crit heals shamans used to do. I can't even get close to 100k heals without using a badge trinket and wings.

#105 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 281
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

nerf lock utility

#106 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 274
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostPradafiend, on 23 May 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

well about 100% of your posts are awful, so....

Yours are worse so its all good.

#107 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 23 May 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

That's why I don't like for this site to show titles/rep. NO CREDENTIALS? THE CONTENT OF YOUR POST IS BAD.

good call they should also hide all your posts/threads

#108 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 1497
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2457
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 2693
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostMirionx, on 23 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

So you got realistic numbers now? Instead of the 250k crit heals shamans used to do. I can't even get close to 100k heals without using a badge trinket and wings.
idd shamans r like omg i dont do 300k crits anymore while disc priests do 40k flash heals .

#109 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3598
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:57 AM


Edited by Zaephyr, 23 May 2013 - 12:00 PM.

"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#110 Warac

Warac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 55
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'm fine with the current state of the patch.
It's obv. buggy and I can't wait for things to get fixed.
Other than that no complaints...

Dmg could use a slight tone down
As for battle fatigue...
Overall i'm very happy with the state healing is in.

Edited by Warac, 23 May 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

#111 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 52
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

i managed to play around 100 games or so today messing around with a few comps and from what i've seen my healing output vs damage intake by my teammates was not really balanced.

first of all im not at all means complaining about my class, but want to share my experience in hopes of making appropriate hot fixes.

i dont have the exact numbers, but against teams with high burst capabilities like enhance shaman / BM hunter, or warrior / DK, it seemed that as a resto shaman it was near impossible to catch up while popping all my cool downs. during these games, i would counter their cooldown abilities like Avatar, Ascendance, BW, Unholy Frenzy / Gargoyle INSTANTLY with AM + Ascendance or healing tide, but i felt like i could really never catch up.

i usually just had to link right away else i couldn't keep up healing, then i would drop healing tide, and have to ascendance anyway, and sometimes even with that combo it seemed like i was behind.  and keep in note that most of the time they didn't even need to land CCs on me.

affliction locks were pretty tough too, but i thought it was healable if they were paired with classes other than a DK.
however it was close to impossible to heal through necrotics, DK dots, and demon soul dots, even with every AoE healing cool down I could use.

i don't know about other healers, but it seems like its just really hard to keep up with damage with current levels of healing.

i believe with the patch they wanted to bring down burst damage, but it seems like some classes are really effective still since they are gemed with damage / stats.

i think they should give an incentive to gem resil again since the goal of this patch - which was to bring down burst damage - wasn't really met since it just promotes people to gem straight damage, which promotes a damage race instead of coordinated arena game play.

maybe hot fix some one shot capabilities too, that paired with resil gem change, could result in an appropriate environment for current level of healing output. i can agree that in 5.1 & 5.2, healing was way too high since people could be topped instantly. but i feel like if they want to lower healing, they will have to balance damage a bit as well.

on a side note, (i don't even know how) my warrior got hit by a 173k elemental blast from an enhance shaman today O.o

#112 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 122
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostMirionx, on 23 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

So you got realistic numbers now? Instead of the 250k crit heals shamans used to do. I can't even get close to 100k heals without using a badge trinket and wings.

Still doing 300k+ healing surges and close to 100k riptides, lol did a 700k healing surge outside arena yesterday. Gotta love the new gemming.

Edited by Flabbert, 23 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Posted Image

#113 Supervagos

Supervagos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 67
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

i cant heal against dk/hunter ret/hunter teams so far.Everything even wizzardcleaves seem to be quite playable.But the 2 comps i mentioned are so hard because of all that istant cc.

#114 Mitoo

Mitoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 86
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationZagreb

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

WTB hot fix to make base resilience 70% :ph34r:

#115 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 236
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'd like to see them both increase the base resil and battle fatigue a little more.  I think they were on the right track with trying to remove bursty health changes, but still people dying in 3 second CC occasionally.

#116 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 263
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:03 PM


http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#117 Andythewarrior

Andythewarrior
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 45
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1050
  • 3v3: 1053
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostVeev, on 23 May 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

I'd like to see them both increase the base resil and battle fatigue a little more.  I think they were on the right track with trying to remove bursty health changes, but still people dying in 3 second CC occasionally.

Rat League Border Patrol

Posted Image

#118 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 636
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postdionim, on 23 May 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:



good call they should also hide all your posts/threads

Well considering there are 100+ responses in this thread, including yours, some people must be thinking some of the same things as me. There's like three or four of you that are consistently giving me shit. Don't know why... Probably class related.

On topic:

I've played about 100 games since Tuesday and have noticed a few consistencies.

As for the classes I play:
BM sustain is incredible. At first I didn't like it whatsoever, but it's grown on me. Probably should be toned down. Marks is pretty good, I've noticed that binding shot doesn't work most of the time so I couldn't find a way to make the spec work.

I haven't been able to try enhancement at full capacity because mines only 485 ilv, but just doing some 2s I can tell that they are really strong. Sustained is much better and stormblast is just too good.

As for affliction I think the damage problems are gone, and gateway is really easy to get out and is sturdy enough to survive if you don't put it in a stupid place right next to the other team, granted it doesn't give charges if you mount it's still nice to be able to use it. I still find that if any team looks at me funny I have to pop cooldowns pretty quickly and I die shortly after they're over. I played WLS which probably the wasn't best comp to gauge this, but every Aff lock I've fought on my KFC had just flopped prior to us popping cooldowns. I just don't see them having a place in this meta outside of a very small set of elite players and maybe a few comps.

Classes I play with:

Based on questions I've asked my partners about their classes this is what I got from them:

Warriors are back to being a really great class. I would use the word strong to describe their damage and survivability, but it's not over the top whatsoever. It shows in the numbers after each game too, he's usually around 2nd or 3rd in damage overall, basically just 5.2 warriors with much much better survivability  

Mistweaver monks are just total trash now apparently, mine has been playing it quite a bit with some success (2300~) and he was just completely unable to keep us up through spam healing. He said that his revival is giving him about 1/3rd of the numbers he was getting in 5.2 (maybe a bug?) and that it takes him 5 or 6 heals (I think he said surging mists) to top someone whereas it used to take 2-3.

Rsham seems to be okay all in all. We haven't had any problems with him keeping us up, but if he gets swapped to he's pretty much done if we can't peel really hard for him.

Classes I've played against:

Disc seems to be the best healer by far right now in terms of keeping their partners alive. I have yet to fail to kill a priest after they've swapped in 5.3 yet though.
Mages seems to be about the same, maybe a little less burst.
Ele shamans seem to be sturdy, but all the ones we've played against just heal so don't know how good they really are yet.
Spriests do really really good damage.
Rogues still the same as 5.2, you can actually do stuff during the match though.


#119 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 263
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostFilthpig, on 23 May 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Well considering there are 100+ responses in this thread, including yours, some people must be thinking some of the same things as me. There's like three or four of you that are consistently giving me shit. Don't know why... Probably class related.

On topic:

I've played about 100 games since Tuesday and have noticed a few consistencies.

As for the classes I play:
BM sustain is incredible. At first I didn't like it whatsoever, but it's grown on me. Probably should be toned down. Marks is pretty good, I've noticed that binding shot doesn't work most of the time so I couldn't find a way to make the spec work.

I haven't been able to try enhancement at full capacity because mines only 485 ilv, but just doing some 2s I can tell that they are really strong. Sustained is much better and stormblast is just too good.

As for affliction I think the damage problems are gone, and gateway is really easy to get out and is sturdy enough to survive if you don't put it in a stupid place right next to the other team, granted it doesn't give charges if you mount it's still nice to be able to use it. I still find that if any team looks at me funny I have to pop cooldowns pretty quickly and I die shortly after they're over. I played WLS which probably the wasn't best comp to gauge this, but every Aff lock I've fought on my KFC had just flopped prior to us popping cooldowns. I just don't see them having a place in this meta outside of a very small set of elite players and maybe a few comps.

Classes I play with:

Based on questions I've asked my partners about their classes this is what I got from them:

Warriors are back to being a really great class. I would use the word strong to describe their damage and survivability, but it's not over the top whatsoever. It shows in the numbers after each game too, he's usually around 2nd or 3rd in damage overall, basically just 5.2 warriors with much much better survivability  

Mistweaver monks are just total trash now apparently, mine has been playing it quite a bit with some success (2300~) and he was just completely unable to keep us up through spam healing. He said that his revival is giving him about 1/3rd of the numbers he was getting in 5.2 (maybe a bug?) and that it takes him 5 or 6 heals (I think he said surging mists) to top someone whereas it used to take 2-3.

Rsham seems to be okay all in all. We haven't had any problems with him keeping us up, but if he gets swapped to he's pretty much done if we can't peel really hard for him.

Classes I've played against:

Disc seems to be the best healer by far right now in terms of keeping their partners alive. I have yet to fail to kill a priest after they've swapped in 5.3 yet though.
Mages seems to be about the same, maybe a little less burst.
Ele shamans seem to be sturdy, but all the ones we've played against just heal so don't know how good they really are yet.
Spriests do really really good damage.
Rogues still the same as 5.2, you can actually do stuff during the match though.

i didn't even read it but m8 why are u trying to proove yourself so much on especially these forums where everyone thinks they are someone because they have internet titles, just look at pojke, proves my point perfectly xdxdxd

Edited by Conviqx, 23 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#120 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 895
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 23 May 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

idd shamans r like omg i dont do 300k crits anymore while disc priests do 40k flash heals .

On the other hand though, nerfing healing and damage is an indirect buff to priests compared to other healers. Since they are the only class that can shield people.

Or are shields affected by battle fatique? But I do think they should increase base resilience to 70% and increase battle fatigue to 50%.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<