• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

I have updated my warrior spreadsheet for patch 5.3.

TL;DR version: Use the highest ranking gear and gems found here.

Red sockets: Inscribed Vermilion Onyx
Blue sockets: Piercing Wild Jade or Radiant Wild Jade
Yellow/prismatic sockets: Smooth Sun's Radiance
Meta: Still personal preference, but probably Reverberating Primal Diamond or Powerful Primal Diamond (and PvP meta once you can use it)

Slightly longer version: Resilience, in my opinion, is no longer worth gemming for.  The amount of resil on gems has been cut in half, without any increase to the effectiveness of resil.  The only time I can see gemming resil being worth it is if you are 100% sure you will be trained from start to finish (perhaps something to setup a 2nd set of gear for).

PvP power has been cut in half now as well, making it so that no one should ever gem primarily for PvP power.  Strength is hands-down better than PvP power now, and--somewhat surprisingly--crit is actually better than strength.  The only minor exception to this is that while Recklessness is up, strength is probably slightly better than crit, but crit is going to be significantly better overall.

Another interesting thing to note is that you may want to use crit/hit gems in your blue sockets (instead of crit/PvP power).  Assuming that you value hit equal to mastery (the median value of crit/mast/haste, for reforging purposes), and since 160 mastery is > than 80 PvP power, you will be better off gemming for hit and then reforging those would-be hit rating points into more mastery.  However, if you're forced to reforge those points into haste instead, it wouldn't be worth it (since 80 PvP power > 160 haste).

And please note that you still want to use strength enchants for bracers/gloves/etc.  1 point of strength is far superior to 1 point of crit (as compared on most enchants), but on gems you are comparing 1 strength to 2 points of crit.  And the resil chest enchant is still the best, since that has not been modified.

Good luck to fellow warriors on hopefully feeling viable again this patch.

#2 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sigh, meant to post this in warrior section.  Mod please move :(

#3 aiba

aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

What about jewel crafters ?
160str + 160pvp power vs 160str+160pvp resil ?
480 crit gems ?

Edited by aiba, 21 May 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#4 rheiz

rheiz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

maybe http://www.wowhead.com/spell=122680?

#5 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

View Postaiba, on 21 May 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

What about jewel crafters ?
160str + 160pvp power vs 160str+160pvp resil ?
480 crit gems ?
JC's will want to use Bold Serpent's Eye in red sockets, but they may want to consider dropping JC in favor of blacksmithing (best) or enchanting/inscription/alchemy/etc (second best, anything that offers a flat 320 str).

#6 Sivler

Sivler
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the post veev, much appreciated !!

#7 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Veev-  Thank you for making an effort and doing this!
Posted Image

#8 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

If anyone could do this for elemental shamans I would GREATLY appreciate it, thx.
Posted Image

#9 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostJontex, on 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

If anyone could do this for elemental shamans I would GREATLY appreciate it, thx.

cant do all the wonderful veev stuff but i went pure int in reds  int haste in yellows and int spirit in blues so i can reforge all my spirit to to (insert your ele stat preference here)
Posted Image

#10 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I would love to see 1 for mage.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#11 djmethodx

djmethodx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2230
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostVeev, on 21 May 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

crit is going to be significantly better overall.

How

#12 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postdjmethodx, on 21 May 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

How
I did a better job of explaining "how" in my original thread, but basically the stat weights come from simcraft (while being careful to modify them for PvP).  And it just turns out that 2 crit contributes around 32% more DPS than 1 str.

As far as taking this information and putting it into practical use, this is how I'm gemming my warrior currently.  I tried using hit/crit gems in blue sockets at first, but they were just putting me too far over the hit cap to make the reforging worth it.  And it turns out that it's worth ignoring the socket bonus in pants as well now (as long as you don't really need the hit).

#13 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Also, due to how weak PvP power is now, you are not going to want to use any trinkets with PvP power on them as their primary stat.  Any one of these trinkets will all be fine (since they're all scaled down to 496), with the Skullrender one being the most accessible.

You're essentially comparing 1515 PvP power on the PvP trinket (est. 2734.7 DPS) to 1152 strength on any of those PvE trinkets (est. 3275.7 DPS).  So even though the PvP trinket has "free" stats on it, the PvE ones are far superior now due to how weak of a stat they made PvP power.

Time to get to farming. :(

#14 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 766

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

GJ Veev as always~  Thanks for the good information again.

Wanted to mirror match u guys some more but u swapped to lock for ???.  Anyways, kitty seems very strong again but yeh, my healer was complaining how his heal is super weak now every game we played.

#15 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Quick question: how about Relic of Xuen vs the shado-pan one?

Xuen x2 is 1029 str and 3261 on proc

SP is 881 exp + 586 useful stats (crit) and aprox 3.8k on proc

#16 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postirubuwrongtime, on 22 May 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

GJ Veev as always~  Thanks for the good information again.

Wanted to mirror match u guys some more but u swapped to lock for ???.  Anyways, kitty seems very strong again but yeh, my healer was complaining how his heal is super weak now every game we played.
Was just too rusty on warr and was more eager to try warlock.  I'll be trying warrior more for sure, but I have a bad feeling they're not gonna be that great.  Even for physical cleaves, I feel like our sustained damage isn't high enough to make up for our lack of utility.  And when you look at classes like enh/feral/DK (and maybe ret) that are all probably out-damaging us and bringing much more utility, meh...  But trying not to jump to conclusions until I get more games in.

View PostCyanne, on 22 May 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Quick question: how about Relic of Xuen vs the shado-pan one?

Xuen x2 is 1029 str and 3261 on proc

SP is 881 exp + 586 useful stats (crit) and aprox 3.8k on proc
I suspect that Xuen is better than Shado-Pan now, since the expertise is almost completely wasted on Shado-Pan, and the proc has been scaled down considerably.  But Xuen won't be nearly as good as any of the ones I linked.  Basically, I think every warrior should be using either Skullrender Medallion or Gaze of the Twins.  If you don't want to raid, then Skullrender is obviously your go-to trinket now.  As far as which of those two are better, I'm not really sure.

#17 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 766

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostVeev, on 22 May 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Was just too rusty on warr and was more eager to try warlock.  I'll be trying warrior more for sure, but I have a bad feeling they're not gonna be that great.  Even for physical cleaves, I feel like our sustained damage isn't high enough to make up for our lack of utility.  And when you look at classes like enh/feral/DK (and maybe ret) that are all probably out-damaging us and bringing much more utility, meh...  But trying not to jump to conclusions until I get more games in.

Yeah, DK/Ret/Enh/Feral all seem pretty good.  Rogue = sad face, but still OK.  DK seems really OP imo.

#18 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostVeev, on 22 May 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Also, due to how weak PvP power is now, you are not going to want to use any trinkets with PvP power on them as their primary stat.  Any one of these trinkets will all be fine (since they're all scaled down to 496), with the Skullrender one being the most accessible.

You're essentially comparing 1515 PvP power on the PvP trinket (est. 2734.7 DPS) to 1152 strength on any of those PvE trinkets (est. 3275.7 DPS).  So even though the PvP trinket has "free" stats on it, the PvE ones are far superior now due to how weak of a stat they made PvP power.

Time to get to farming. :(

I have a question regarding gearing.. Do you have any opinions on the T14 2 piece(http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=1144)

I would assume it is superior to the ~1850 or so pvp power you would lose(set bonus is quite good in pve). The trade off between the 70% run speed after leap and 25% more MS damage is obviously not that straight forward... But could potentially be worth using in X scenarios.

Using your numbers for pvp power it seems you would gain around ~2kdps using the t14 2 piece over the pvp 4 piece(I ran a standard simcraft and just added the pvp power on top using your numbers... so probably not 100% on).

Doesn't seem to be as good as I thought it was going to be....

Also, are you taking into account that the proc on Gaze of the Twins is reduced by 75% but lasts 400% longer in pvp?

Edited by Deonto, 22 May 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#19 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostDeonto, on 22 May 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I have a question regarding gearing.. Do you have any opinions on the T14 2 piece(http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=1144)

I would assume it is superior to the ~1850 or so pvp power you would lose(set bonus is quite good in pve). The trade off between the 70% run speed after leap and 25% more MS damage is obviously not that straight forward... But could potentially be worth using in X scenarios.

Using your numbers for pvp power it seems you would gain around ~2kdps using the t14 2 piece over the pvp 4 piece(I ran a standard simcraft and just added the pvp power on top using your numbers... so probably not 100% on).

Doesn't seem to be as good as I thought it was going to be....

Also, are you taking into account that the proc on Gaze of the Twins is reduced by 75% but lasts 400% longer in pvp?

honestly the 4 piece isn't bad either, 1.5 min reck is crazy good

#20 quikkz

quikkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2459

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

good work Veev
Posted Image