Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 01:03. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Why new players falter

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

Many of us have been playing Wow for a long time and can't really imagine what wow's like to a new player.
Some irl friends of mine started playing wow recently, and want to get into the pvp scene. There is a HUGE barrier for them to enjoy arena. They just get owned, period. Not just because of gear, not just because of class imbalances. Just because arena is so overwhelming to start out with. It's very discouraging for a new player to enter arena nowadays. Which often leads to them quitting arena all together.

is it really that hard to imagine how new players feel? i feel that overwhelming pressure every time i drop the game for a few patches and come back, and im always with this feeling of "wtf... do i really want to risk dedicating myself to catch up with this shit knowing it may not be worth in the end afterall?"

fuck it, i say dumb down the game, this time for real. at this point all i care is a balanced and competitive game, who gives a fuck if its unnecessarily complex or not. hell, we all know blizzard is too clueless to balance its own game, if dumbing it down can make it easier for them im up to the change.

Posted Image

#62 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

No one in this game has to die without knowing what happened. You can either check the combat log or get recount or a similar addon.

No class "randomly shits on you". As you said, as a new player you might not notice enemy cds, but that's exactly the point. You have to be prepared and react as fast as you can or even predict them. As i mentioned earlier in another post, you can't just join an arena and expect to play perfect, it takes time and experience.

There are a lot more melee cleaves in the lower brackets because more experienced teams know how to handle them. Again, learning this takes time and experience.

People play for different reasons, most people I know play to have fun with their friends.

As bad as it sounds, it's simply a learn to play issue.

Unlike some other MMO's you can use addons in wow. If anyone has a problem seeing anything in this game, i'm pretty sure there is an addon for it. Even if someone has bad eyesight, you can get an addon that literally tells you what just happened.

i might need a tissue
my eyes are bleeding

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users