• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I like the idea of MMR inflation and I understand the concerns people have for rating decay but along with these remedies, why doesn't blizzard hide the PvP ladder?

With the PvP ladders only being a few clicks away, it's really easy for teams to gain or lose incentive to que. On many BGs, with the exception of Bloodlust, top end teams only que to maintain or improve their rank in the ladder. If we want to increase participation/play of these teams, why not promote a system where teams have no way to compare their current rating? This of course assumes a correlation between willingness to play and knowledge of ladder ranking.

The obvious response would be that people could get around this through word of mouth, which may be true and is something --admittedly-- I offer no retort.

Anywho, just an idea.

TL;DR Hide ladders to make teams have no rank based incentive to que.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#2 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 480
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

but how wud i steal all the backwater r1s???????

#3 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

ur a genius moran

Edited by Improve, 16 May 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

So you could hide wintrading better? No thanks
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#5 Kaylol

Kaylol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire 1/0/2/2/1/.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 16 May 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

So you could hide wintrading better? No thanks
You act like its hidden at all..when trading happens everyone already knows.

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostBigmoran, on 16 May 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

On many BGs, with the exception of Bloodlust, top end teams only que to maintain or improve their rank in the ladder.
merging all bgs into one instead is an even better solution maybe? :D

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#7 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wouldn't this make it easy to xfer for rank 1?  You get high mmr on one bg, swap bgs, then no one will have you on friends list, or see you climb the ladder, then easy rank 1 you que in middle of night with 2600 mmr.

#8 baltothedog

baltothedog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1853
  • 3v3: 2217
  • 5v5: 2310
  • RBG: 2093

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

merge all bg, no more 8 min queu into 1400 teams yay :)

#9 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 May 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

merging all bgs into one instead is an even better solution maybe? :D

Would love this

#10 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

yes but we're telling since ages to blizz to merge bgs and other ideas like :

- Bring back 2s titles but make some 2s changes only (like the pvp battle healing nerf but only for 2s, for example some abilities not usable to not get some 25min games all the time...)

- Merge all battlegrounds (1 for EU without RU realms, 1 for US, 1 for TW, and 1 for CN)

- Idea that isn't always liked : Delete teams and make Ratings like rbgs so people don't delete teams all the time to get new teams and stay all the time at 1500mmr when they actually have a much higher skill than their mmr shows.

- Make more rewards in PvP (only vanity ones), and imo some evolving ones ! (I see it coming : like pokemon LOL...), like they could make some ground mounts in arenas (mount : alliance = horse, horde = wolf, competitors will get a little armor on it, rivals a normal one and duellists a big one, gladiators will get the same as duellists but with an aura or a different color looking more brutal... and with also the flying mount so it gets to be really higher ! ^^)

- Bring back the rewards with the WotLK style (but without superior stats, only new skins to transmog) to make more motivation to play arenas (not only the cap or the titles...), here is a link to show my idea : http://www.wowwiki.c...8_Arena_rewards
T1 - Low players, with the base stats (500-1200)
T2 - Normal players, also with the base stats but gear have a modified skin (like the evolution of the gears in wotlk S5->S6->S7->S8) (1200-1900)
T3 - High players, base stats too but the skin evolves again looking prestigious (1900-2500)

T1 :
500 : Belt
600 : Boots
700 : Gloves
800 : Legs
900 : Chest
1000 : Helm
1100 : Shoulders
1150 : Weapons

T2 :
1200 : Belt
1300 : Boots
1400 : Gloves
1500 : Legs
1600 : Chest
1700 : Helm
1800 : Shoulders
1850 : Weapons

T3 :
1900 : Belt
1950 : Boots
2000 : Gloves
2050 : Legs
2100 : Chest
2150 : Helm
2200 : Shoulders
2250 : Weapons
2500 : Tabard (maybe too high but it should be the really highest reward obtainable without waiting the end of a season)

- Show personal mmr when you inspect people / on armory

- Make the titles in arena per class not per team, like top 5% warriors, top 5% druids etc... (would make that classes not OP at some patchs still have the possibility to get the titles)

- Reset MMR at every seasons so R1 teams don't play again only 40-50 games to get R1 again...

- Don't make some arena maps that are going to advantage some classes over than some others like RoV, just do the Nagrand style with some differents design (4 pillars + another skin for the maps, pretty easy to do). And to add : the new arena coming seems to be a disaster, the skin is nice but for example warlocks with their portals are going probably to be the kings in this one... (not sure about mages/monks)

- When teams afk on their rating more than a certain time put on the armory an AFK status, so they can't get the titles, because imo a team that get gladiator for example should play atleast for example 10 games a month, freezing on a rating because they had it at a time when it was too OP (like thugcleave or KFC last season or 3dps in S11 ^^)

- Make rating inflation higher in 2s, so we can get 2200 with the same difficulty as in 3s, how can it be possible that R1 teams have only 2150-2250 seriously, some people had really higher in some pre-cata seasons without being glad (when titles were still obtainable in 2s, there was much more competitivity in 2s / participation and 2.2 wasnt the big deal)
Don't know however for 5s (prob because i never looked to)

- Ban PVE gear in PVP ffs ! Or atleast downscale it to an ilvl much lower (if in 5.3 pvp gear is downscaled to 496, make the PvE one to 470-476), because in 5.3 some heroic gear from PvP downscaled to 496 is going to be better than the PVP ones, and that shouldnt be allowed, ever.

- Try to make more attention to the 2s bracket, because it is actually the bracket imo where you'll see most of the new players play, it's just easier to get 1 mate than 2 or 4, and if you look at the title ranges in 2s ( http://www.hosted101.net/season_12/ ), you'll see the difference of participation ! So please, balance 2s atleast a bit.

- Last idea but i know it wont ever be done, because it's not in the interest of blizzard, (and theres nothing to do with this topic sorry but i'll just drop it here), make some servers like BC Server, WotLK Server... i don't care but Cata Server too, so people can enjoy their good ol' times again, going to ArenaTournament servers isnt really what i like even if i trully loved Season 8 (best memories).

I know all these ideas arent approved / liked by everybody, just adding my opinion, even if blizzard isnt reading those forums (and they should because battlenet forums are full of sh!t)

Edited by Hoodzx, 16 May 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#11 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

and at the end of the day nothings gonna change^^

#12 Nmplol

Nmplol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 959

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

worst idea i have ever heard.

#13 Kreeds

Kreeds
  • Kreeds
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Nothing and i  mean nothnig, will bring this game back as far as pvp goes.....you kids can sit here and keep pulling ideas out of ur arses of wat needs to be done etc, the cold hard truth is the pvp side of the game is done.....
Participation in arena has nothing to do with balance, rewards bla bla bla bla, its because the game is 8 years old and most people are sick of it...

Play the game for what it is, a bit of fun for an hour at night or something, some of you nerds will cry at this post but i dont give two flying fucks cuz its the truth and you all know it deep down....MOVE ON....

#14 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostKreeds, on 16 May 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Nothing and i  mean nothnig, will bring this game back as far as pvp goes.....you kids can sit here and keep pulling ideas out of ur arses of wat needs to be done etc, the cold hard truth is the pvp side of the game is done.....
Participation in arena has nothing to do with balance, rewards bla bla bla bla, its because the game is 8 years old and most people are sick of it...

Play the game for what it is, a bit of fun for an hour at night or something, some of you nerds will cry at this post but i dont give two flying fucks cuz its the truth and you all know it deep down....MOVE ON....

True but,

Just by merging battleground you'd see 15x more teams playing versus you, which is needed for as you'd call them : the last players of this dead part of the game (hey, WoW has still 8 millions players approx, i don't think personally that the game is dead even if he don't have much more years to live :P )

#15 Kreeds

Kreeds
  • Kreeds
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

im not knocking you hoodz mate, you got some great ideas, but im sad to say the game is beyond repair;(

#16 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostHoodzx, on 16 May 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

yes but we're telling since ages to blizz to merge bgs and other ideas like :

- Bring back 2s titles but make some 2s changes only (like the pvp battle healing nerf but only for 2s, for example some abilities not usable to not get some 25min games all the time...)

- Merge all battlegrounds (1 for EU without RU realms, 1 for US, 1 for TW, and 1 for CN)

- Idea that isn't always liked : Delete teams and make Ratings like rbgs so people don't delete teams all the time to get new teams and stay all the time at 1500mmr when they actually have a much higher skill than their mmr shows.

- Make more rewards in PvP (only vanity ones), and imo some evolving ones ! (I see it coming : like pokemon LOL...), like they could make some ground mounts in arenas (mount : alliance = horse, horde = wolf, competitors will get a little armor on it, rivals a normal one and duellists a big one, gladiators will get the same as duellists but with an aura or a different color looking more brutal... and with also the flying mount so it gets to be really higher ! ^^)

- Bring back the rewards with the WotLK style (but without superior stats, only new skins to transmog) to make more motivation to play arenas (not only the cap or the titles...), here is a link to show my idea : http://www.wowwiki.c...8_Arena_rewards
T1 - Low players, with the base stats (500-1200)
T2 - Normal players, also with the base stats but gear have a modified skin (like the evolution of the gears in wotlk S5->S6->S7->S8) (1200-1900)
T3 - High players, base stats too but the skin evolves again looking prestigious (1900-2500)

T1 :
500 : Belt
600 : Boots
700 : Gloves
800 : Legs
900 : Chest
1000 : Helm
1100 : Shoulders
1150 : Weapons

T2 :
1200 : Belt
1300 : Boots
1400 : Gloves
1500 : Legs
1600 : Chest
1700 : Helm
1800 : Shoulders
1850 : Weapons

T3 :
1900 : Belt
1950 : Boots
2000 : Gloves
2050 : Legs
2100 : Chest
2150 : Helm
2200 : Shoulders
2250 : Weapons
2500 : Tabard (maybe too high but it should be the really highest reward obtainable without waiting the end of a season)

- Show personal mmr when you inspect people / on armory

- Make the titles in arena per class not per team, like top 5% warriors, top 5% druids etc... (would make that classes not OP at some patchs still have the possibility to get the titles)

- Reset MMR at every seasons so R1 teams don't play again only 40-50 games to get R1 again...

- Don't make some arena maps that are going to advantage some classes over than some others like RoV, just do the Nagrand style with some differents design (4 pillars + another skin for the maps, pretty easy to do). And to add : the new arena coming seems to be a disaster, the skin is nice but for example warlocks with their portals are going probably to be the kings in this one... (not sure about mages/monks)

- When teams afk on their rating more than a certain time put on the armory an AFK status, so they can't get the titles, because imo a team that get gladiator for example should play atleast for example 10 games a month, freezing on a rating because they had it at a time when it was too OP (like thugcleave or KFC last season or 3dps in S11 ^^)

- Make rating inflation higher in 2s, so we can get 2200 with the same difficulty as in 3s, how can it be possible that R1 teams have only 2150-2250 seriously, some people had really higher in some pre-cata seasons without being glad (when titles were still obtainable in 2s, there was much more competitivity in 2s / participation and 2.2 wasnt the big deal)
Don't know however for 5s (prob because i never looked to)

- Ban PVE gear in PVP ffs ! Or atleast downscale it to an ilvl much lower (if in 5.3 pvp gear is downscaled to 496, make the PvE one to 470-476), because in 5.3 some heroic gear from PvP downscaled to 496 is going to be better than the PVP ones, and that shouldnt be allowed, ever.

- Try to make more attention to the 2s bracket, because it is actually the bracket imo where you'll see most of the new players play, it's just easier to get 1 mate than 2 or 4, and if you look at the title ranges in 2s ( http://www.hosted101.net/season_12/ ), you'll see the difference of participation ! So please, balance 2s atleast a bit.

- Last idea but i know it wont ever be done, because it's not in the interest of blizzard, (and theres nothing to do with this topic sorry but i'll just drop it here), make some servers like BC Server, WotLK Server... i don't care but Cata Server too, so people can enjoy their good ol' times again, going to ArenaTournament servers isnt really what i like even if i trully loved Season 8 (best memories).

I know all these ideas arent approved / liked by everybody, just adding my opinion, even if blizzard isnt reading those forums (and they should because battlenet forums are full of sh!t)

So much this.
Posted Image

#17 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostBigmoran, on 16 May 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

I like the idea of MMR inflation and I understand the concerns people have for rating decay but along with these remedies, why doesn't blizzard hide the PvP ladder?

With the PvP ladders only being a few clicks away, it's really easy for teams to gain or lose incentive to que. On many BGs, with the exception of Bloodlust, top end teams only que to maintain or improve their rank in the ladder. If we want to increase participation/play of these teams, why not promote a system where teams have no way to compare their current rating? This of course assumes a correlation between willingness to play and knowledge of ladder ranking.

The obvious response would be that people could get around this through word of mouth, which may be true and is something --admittedly-- I offer no retort.

Anywho, just an idea.

TL;DR Hide ladders to make teams have no rank based incentive to que.
I like the idea of competition and I understand the concerns people have about effort vs reward but instead of these remedies, why doesn't blizzard remove arena?

With the arena only being a few clicks away, it's really easy for teams to gain or lose incentive to queue. On many BGs, with the exception of Bloodlust, top end teams only queue to maintain or improve their rank in the ladder. If we want to reduce concerns/problems of these teams, why not remove the arena system so teams have no way to queue? This of course assumes a correlation between willingness to play and competition.

The obvious response would be that this makes no sense at all, which may be true and is something --admittedly-- I offer no retort.

Anywho, just an idea.

TL;DR Remove arena to make teams have no reason to queue.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostThaya, on 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

I like the idea of competition and I understand the concerns people have about effort vs reward but instead of these remedies, why doesn't blizzard remove arena?

With the arena only being a few clicks away, it's really easy for teams to gain or lose incentive to queue. On many BGs, with the exception of Bloodlust, top end teams only queue to maintain or improve their rank in the ladder. If we want to reduce concerns/problems of these teams, why not remove the arena system so teams have no way to queue? This of course assumes a correlation between willingness to play and competition.

The obvious response would be that this makes no sense at all, which may be true and is something --admittedly-- I offer no retort.

Anywho, just an idea.

Posted Image

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#19 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostThaz, on 16 May 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

So much this.

Thanks dude,

i would also add :

- Bring spectator mode in arenas with some options :
  • Authorize people who arent in the arena to see (like a ghost) the game : ON/OFF
  • Authorize people who arent in the arena to see (in my PoV) the game : ON/OFF
  • If "ON" to any authorization, click on which type of people can be authorized : Guildmembers/Friends/Btag Friends/Group/Everyone/List of people : Type names...
- Hire some insane PvP players in the Blizzard crew, instead of boosting players they could help to balance the game or/and add some great ideas.

#20 Chipperfield

Chipperfield
  • Chipperfield
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostThaya, on 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

With the arena only being a few clicks away, it's really easy for teams to gain or lose incentive to queue. On many BGs, with the exception of Bloodlust, top end teams only queue to maintain or improve their rank in the ladder. If we want to reduce concerns/problems of these teams, why not remove the arena system so teams have no way to queue? This of course assumes a correlation between willingness to play and ladder ranking.

Anywho, just an idea.

Moderator, I dont' understand; plz explain : S
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<