• Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Imagine if warriors could Heroic Leap onto the platforms in The Tiger's Peak or leap to the bridge from the sand in Circle of Blood.

Or imagine if we could Charge and Intervene around corners. This one would probably be too 'unnatural' in the sense, that the warrior would defy gravity while being able to sprint at incredible speed and still turn.

In return of this newfound power, which could be granted through a talent so it had a 'cost' in the form of a choice, the cooldowns could be increased. It could for example replace Mass Spell Reflection, which would mean you'd also lose the root-remover in Safeguard.

Many classes teleport
Warlocks, druids and monks can teleport behind walls and mages (Alter Time) and rogues (Shadowstep) can all teleport to upper platforms, completely removing them from the fray.

The value of teleport will also increase for RBG Flag Carriers, with the 5.3 tank changes.

Official Blizzard Quote:

http://us.battle.net...4/']Picking[/url] up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.

Should come with a cost
In the meantime warriors has been left with little development in their mobility-skillset, which is considered in balance by the devs. I don't disagree - we have good mobility.

So please consider this idea as an option with some kind of cost to balance it. The keywords being 'more options' and 'fun'.

Edit: E.g. if the warrior had slightly more uptime on TELEPORTING targets, the warrior would have slightly LESS uptime on normal targets (live).

Edited by Ansi, 15 May 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

If you give a mouse a cookie, he would then ask for a glass of milk.
You give a warrior unparalleled mobility, he then asks for even more superior mobility.

They are already changing 2 of the arenas so melee will stop crying about knock-offs and yet people still want more.

This makes me sick!

#3 Dylon187

Dylon187
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

What planet do you live on? warriors can intervene/charge around corners right now rofl

/edit .. you're probably going to ask about my ping... its usually in the 20s

you ever see a warrior heroic leap and charge as you get around a box and still get you behind the box? this is while they're in narnia too... sort of looks like they aren't even in range of the damn charge.

Edited by Dylon187, 15 May 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#4 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

im almost positive that neither of those options are doable simply because of the tech.  the way leap and charge work compared to port and step are apples and oranges.  teleport simply ports your character to the coordinates where your port is, and step ports your character to offset coordinates of your targets position.  for you to be able to charge around corners charge would need to be become a port, and same to be able to use leap z-axis.

#5 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

That's dumb.
And when i say dumb is like REALLY dumb.
Posted Image

#6 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

warriors should just be able to destroy pillars altogether

View PostAvengelyne, on 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've actually made a lot of friends this season, I don't think anyone hates me or thinks i'm scum or thinks I cheat or thinks i'm toxic for the game. I'm definitely not a faggot as i've had a girlfriend for the past 3 years. I've also graduated College last year and working in my field currently so even if we come last place there it's not the end of the world, I got to meet up with friends I play with and against online and got to go to Manhattan on for a paid vactation.. And i'm a goddamn Ret paladin so there's a factor of respect given by the community for making it this far.

#7 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationCold North

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Imagine the cost being a 500% increased cooldown on Heroic Leap.

It would lessen the warriors overall mobility by a lot, but reduce the value of teleport abilities slightly.

#8 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Warriors officially charging around corners would make me quit this game. It happens sometimes due to lag but honestly if it was intended for warriors to charge around pillars that would be it for me. It's enough that hunters can kill you while you los them.

#9 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationCold North

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostEnim, on 15 May 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Warriors officially charging around corners would make me quit this game. It happens sometimes due to lag but honestly if it was intended for warriors to charge around pillars that would be it for me. It's enough that hunters can kill you while you los them.

I do think the Charge-thing is a bit silly as I stated in the OP.

A Heroic Leap-change sounds much more compelling.

#10 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 15 May 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

warriors should just be able to destroy pillars altogether

INB4 Big red warrior busting through a Tol'Viron pillar "SUP SHAMAN""
Posted Image

#11 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationCold North

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 15 May 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

im almost positive that neither of those options are doable simply because of the tech.  the way leap and charge work compared to port and step are apples and oranges.  teleport simply ports your character to the coordinates where your port is, and step ports your character to offset coordinates of your targets position.  for you to be able to charge around corners charge would need to be become a port, and same to be able to use leap z-axis.

The tech for Heroic Leap is possible.

It partially worked like this i Wrath of the Lich King beta, but was changed because 'people used it to exploit' - e.g. get to places without the ability to fly.

#12 Environ

Environ
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2572
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

You still didn't understand with what they meant about that.. "thisiswhyyoucan'thavenicethings" basicly in dalaran you would go back inside the starting tube when ur dieing and stay there while u get healed ? lol

Lots of other exploits you would be able to do with it not even gonna go there.. ill go straight to telling you this

Your stupid as fuck and your idea is retarded.

#13 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I thought the warrior dream was to heroic leap uphill?
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2324
  • 3v3: 1987
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

lol ' d
Posted Image
Spoiler

#15 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationCold North

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostEnviron, on 15 May 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

You still didn't understand with what they meant about that.. "thisiswhyyoucan'thavenicethings" basicly in dalaran you would go back inside the starting tube when ur dieing and stay there while u get healed ? lol

Lots of other exploits you would be able to do with it not even gonna go there.. ill go straight to telling you this

Your stupid as fuck and your idea is retarded.

I don't see warlocks teleporting into the tubes

#16 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostAnsi, on 15 May 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

The tech for Heroic Leap is possible.

It partially worked like this i Wrath of the Lich King beta, but was changed because 'people used it to exploit' - e.g. get to places without the ability to fly.

that means the tech isn't there.  if they can't make it work without it beingeasily exploitable, the tech isn't proper or even good enough to use, hence why warriors cant even leap up simple things like certain changes in terrain.  they cannot make it work unless they add in tons and tons of things on terrain to make each piece of terrain the add leapable or un-leapable.  the amount of resources it wuodl take to do that proper would be so vast its not worth it at all.

#17 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationCold North

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 15 May 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

that means the tech isn't there.  if they can't make it work without it beingeasily exploitable, the tech isn't proper or even good enough to use, hence why warriors cant even leap up simple things like certain changes in terrain.  they cannot make it work unless they add in tons and tons of things on terrain to make each piece of terrain the add leapable or un-leapable.  

The tech is there.

View Posthairpiece, on 15 May 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

the amount of resources it wuodl take to do that proper would be so vast its not worth it at all.

Do you work for Blizzard?

#18 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostAnsi, on 15 May 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

The tech is there.

Guys this whole thread is a troll.  i mean it's such a joke he can't be serious.

Edited by Christymarie, 15 May 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#19 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostAnsi, on 15 May 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

The tech is there.

as you can tell, that is completely different to how heroic leap works now, as its not targeted at all, and uses the same mechanics as lock teleport/blink/etc.  It was leaping you a certain distance ahead, and adjusting z axis value if necessary.  They cannot add the same thing in properly without it being exploitable while still keeping it a targeted leap like it is now without adding leapable/not leapable checks to every single piece of terrain in the game.  So no, the tech to do it now is not in the game, unless they remove the ability for you to target it like in those videos and essentially make it a blink with z axis adjustments, or make it not exploitable by targeting.

#20 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

While they are at it lets give everyone a stun on their cap closer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<