Unholy Blight as Unholy?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hey, I'm trying to play my DK alt. I like the idea of going Roiling Blood and replacing Pestilence with Blood Boil, but I've recently seen a few high-rated Unholy DK's with Unholy Blight. Can someone explain to me what makes UB worth it for Unholy? It seemingly only saves a couple runes every minute and a half, whereas RB makes spreading diseases more fluid.

Thanks.

#2 xdarksimx

xdarksimx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

roiling blood is 20x better, UB is for 1500 frost dks

#3 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Never liked Roiling Blood, its not like it saves us any runes, its just a wee bit of extra dmg from not having to pestillence and the luxury of not having to be in melee range to spread. Unholy Blight pre-popping vs stealth teams is actually awesome imo, I find that i get rogues out of stealth 8/10 games with DnD/Blood Boil/Blight.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#4 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Pestilence glyph needs to effect blood boil imo. Maybe then it would be worth using situationally

#5 Sakhet

Sakhet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2001
  • RBG: 2189

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Pestilience glyph does work for blood boil, Rolling blood just makes it that you cast blood boil and pestielence at the same time effectivly.
Since Plague Strike applies both dots since 5.2, Applying deseases is very easy and Rolling blood gives nice damage increase.
Posted Image

#6 Bennyy

Bennyy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2413

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

I agree that Unholy blight is useful against stealth teams but the way i see it is that you're going to use pestilence 3 or 4 times within 90 seconds (Cooldown of Unholy Blight) to keep dots on their whole team (3v3). That's 3 or 4 Blood/Death Runes used on spreading, with rolling blood at least you get some damage on hit damage when spreading (May be minor damage but every little helps).

#7 hc4b

hc4b
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Drjumpshot speaks the truth, i cant even explain how much better roiling blood is then unholy blight. Blood boil really does alot of damage and when you couple it with glyph of pestilence and roiling blood its just priceless. wouldnt play my dk without it. glyph of pestillence is dependant on the comp you're facing though. The only time i would ever use UB is as frost (never)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<