• Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1486
  • 3v3: 2965
  • RBG: 1556

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

i dont know where all these crazy claims about spheres being worse are coming from. sure, BF is higher, but i dont see why anyone would even compare one skill to another based on BF (unless things like overhealing come into account). it affects literally all heals the same, for all classes across the board.
base resil is also equally higher to balance out the lower healing.

of course, that is unless they nerfed spheres and im just not aware of it...

This was actually at the start of s14, and yes after weapons and gear came in it normalized

#42 Blastoize

Blastoize
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hey Baten,

very nice guide! Is it updated for 5.4 yet? It was mentioned somwhere in this thread but I just want to make sure .)
What is your stand on Uplift at this point? Should I just remove it from my action bar (aka never use it) and if I have chi use Enveloping Mist instead and when shit hits the fan use my GCD for spheres?

Had my monk going WW, but since I switched to my shaman again I feel like I want to try healing with something and my S13 geared monk just asks for it (instead of item upgrade just purchase MW gear).
Also is it worth doing dmg in kill attempts (as in rolling in for jab/kick) in 3v3? Or do I just support my DPSs with Lightning?
In 2v2 it probably is when one of the enemy is CCd, but I don't know what I can allow to do in 3s.

Cheers!

#43 Warac

Warac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Missed a couple seasons and coming back on multiple healers

I was curious to any thoughts about my desire to run glyph of targeted expulsion

Atm I can't see much of a down side? from the feel and looks its another holy shock so to speak.

I know depending on comp other glyph choices would be used, but, does anyone use it or have feed back.

thanks
Posted Image

#44 Bestpriestjk

Bestpriestjk
  • Junkies

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Was considering trying out monk and you made me want to even more, thanks for the guide Båten <3
Posted Image

#45 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Junkies
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

I was curious to any thoughts about my desire to run glyph of targeted expulsion

Atm I can't see much of a down side? from the feel and looks its another holy shock so to speak.

I know depending on comp other glyph choices would be used, but, does anyone use it or have feed back.

thanks

Not worth it, heals for nothing and every comp you can possibly play has some dot that is removable with para glyph
LSD making dreams come true since S7

#46 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

just curious do you think stacking spirit and rely more on surging mists for healing faster comps like tsg/phd is worth it cuz its super hard to aim the orbs on top of targets that need constant movement?

#47 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Battlemaster or on use trinket as a human?

#48 Pentagram3000

Pentagram3000
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Vergy good guide, really enjoyed reading this!:)
"But" i gotta say, i gem and reforge Crit->Spirit. Means I try to get as much critchance out of my gear as possible, cause it's the crits that top your mates instantly. doesnt matter if the mastery orbs, your regula healing spheres or whatever. I know that when it comes to reforging+ enchanting you'll probaply should follow your ownpreferences, but i just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong by gemming and reforging crit chance :)

#49 wotscheints

wotscheints
  • Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Vergy good guide, really enjoyed reading this! :)
"But" i gotta say, i gem and reforge Crit->Spirit. Means I try to get as much critchance out of my gear as possible, cause it's the crits that top your mates instantly.

True. The guide needs updating.
Crit does two things: top your mates as you're saying. And it generates "Mana Tea" stacks from "Brewing: Mana Tea" - actually that makes crit the better mana reg than Spirit. Looks like Baten has changed his mind - look at his toon:
Gummibåten on Outland EU (sorry, can't post URLs yet...)
he's all crit at 13869 (=32%) and spirit down at 8015 - and he could get even more crit if he wanted to, but it looks like he hasn't touched his monk in a while.
I'd say it's
Intellect > Crit > Sprit > Haste > Mastery
or
Intellect > Crit > Haste (Breakpoint) > Sprit > Haste > Mastery
with haste breakpoint at 3145 (6141 for 2 ticks, but not feasible) for an additional tick of renewing mist.

Either reforge mastery then haste into crit then spirit and use potent (int/crit) for red, smooth (crit) for yellow and misty (spirit/crit) for blue sockets.

I'd use battlemaster. Depending on your preference get cruelty (= 1905 crit on prideful) or meditation (= 1905 spirit on prideful, probably best to reforge spirit -> crit)
According to the armory baten seems to be using Gladiator's Medallion of Cruelty (=crit) trinket and Insignia of Dominance (for int procs). Could be inaccurate.

#50 Noblock

Noblock
  • Speedytko
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

dis guide is good
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

-Bruce Lee
Skype proxy guide :
http://imgur.com/a/NpFdW

#51 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

thanks

Reduces healing by like 50% iirc, expel harm is a nice heal to top yourself off with and if you reduce the healing by 50% you might aswell just throw down a healing orb...

#52 Ysteria

Ysteria
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 1826
  • LocationSpain

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

True. The guide needs updating.

#53 Bestpriestjk

Bestpriestjk
  • Junkies

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

Hey Båten, is it possible you still have your afflicted setup somewhere? Im fucking up setting mine up :)
Posted Image

#54 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sorry, been super busy lately. Haven't had time to reply to all the questions :( I'll update the guide within a few days.

I'll let you guys know!

Edited by Batenx, 02 June 2014 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

#55 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hey Baten,

very nice guide! Is it updated for 5.4 yet? It was mentioned somwhere in this thread but I just want to make sure .)
What is your stand on Uplift at this point? Should I just remove it from my action bar (aka never use it) and if I have chi use Enveloping Mist instead and when shit hits the fan use my GCD for spheres?

Had my monk going WW, but since I switched to my shaman again I feel like I want to try healing with something and my S13 geared monk just asks for it (instead of item upgrade just purchase MW gear).
Also is it worth doing dmg in kill attempts (as in rolling in for jab/kick) in 3v3? Or do I just support my DPSs with Lightning?
In 2v2 it probably is when one of the enemy is CCd, but I don't know what I can allow to do in 3s.

Cheers!

Yo, Uplift is pretty useful in BGs/RBGs, but very rarely in arena. In arena you wanna use your Chi on Enveloping Mist instead. I really feel that most people use Healing Spheres way too much and their gameplay doesn't feel smooth at all, but perhaps that's just me. You wanna use Healing Spheres when you can't afford to get Enveloping Mist going or when it's up already but it's not enough.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I covered how to assist with damage in my guide :)
Posted Image

#56 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

I'm personally going for the proc trinket. It's better than the on use trinket and Battlemaster trinket. Though, if you find yourself in a situation where the actual on use effect of the Battlemaster trinket might come in handy, go for that one :)

Edited by Batenx, 03 June 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

The guide should be updated now! I probably forgot about a few things, but I'll update it more as we go along :)
Posted Image

#58 brad235

brad235
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2101
  • 3v3: 2846

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Can't shield anymore with Cocoon Baten ;)

#59 bigdickjoe

bigdickjoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.
  • LocationOrmond Beach , Florida

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

did you update your age? :eek:

#60 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Can't shield anymore with Cocoon Baten ;)

What do you mean?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<