Current Shadow Priest state at 5.3 PTR.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crystalfrost

Crystalfrost

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

I was wondering if anyone has done some arenas and is willing to
share his thoughts with us.

Are things as bad as most ppl here say they are ?

Thanks ! :duckers:

#2 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Well the spec lost two best spells they had, considering how hard melee got buffed and the spec has no mobility, I think things look pretty bad for shadowpriests. They were a clear choice to deal with hunter and mage cc, considering both of those got "joke" nerfs and sp lost MD, there is a good chance that they are done for this expansion.

#3 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Well the spec lost two best spells they had, considering how hard melee got buffed and the spec has no mobility, I think things look pretty bad for shadowpriests. They were a clear choice to deal with hunter and mage cc, considering both of those got "joke" nerfs and sp lost MD, there is a good chance that they are done for this expansion.
shaman teams where the shaman sits every cc and relies on the sp to dispel on cooldown will fail, sp teams that actually play properly should do fine

apart from vs thug cleave etc but its not like other casters have a free ride vs that either

the main thing the change does is stop shadowpriest x x automatically being a very strong team, hunter x x will still be really strong and it will most likely stay that way until they actually nerf their damage or cc vs players, instead of just redistributing the damage

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 14 May 2013 - 01:25 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#4 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 14 May 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

the main thing the change does is stop shadowpriest x x automatically being a very strong team, hunter x x will still be really strong and it will most likely stay that way until they actually nerf their damage or cc vs players, instead of just redistributing the damage

BM CC got nerfed quite a bit. BM lost 2 30-45 second cooldown stuns (and now only has 1 every 90 seconds).

Pretty much the only way for BM Hunters to land meaningful CC is scatter, and if you can't stop scatter-trap after 8 years, you deserve to eat 8 seconds of CC every 30 seconds.

I don't play BM and I hope that the spec disappears from Arena completely, but let's try to stay factual.

Edited by fant0m8, 22 May 2013 - 04:12 AM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<