• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 2310

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

Given the state of the game I'd say warlocks are the hardest to get rating on, as in, the hardest to consistently feel like you're actually playing a video game and controlling your character in a successful way.

Healer/Dps/"Class management"

In Wrath I would have said Disc, feral, lock - there was a lot of shit to manage.

Playing THE BEST a class can play, healer wise probably druid.  Class wise, probably mage.  Management wise, probably DK.

Seems like bullshit, I've played a lot of classes and I think that outside of the "bullshit" parts of classes, mages have the most to do to maximize their effectiveness, and in many ways I think that any mage team that loses, the mage can examine his play and find atleast three things EVERY loss that he could have done better.  The difference between a good dk and a great dk is like MJ vs Lebron.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#22 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 14 May 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

Rogues and mages have always thought they were the most skillful class in the game, and everyone who has ever played RMP espoused that same bs about it being the pinnacle of skill while killing people in openers, but you know, Focus blind->focus poly->focus counterspell is so hard. The skill cap on everything has declined, or maybe everyone has improved to such a point that its harder to distinguish good play. Sapping off a blind used to be skillful, now it's expected.

That being said I think Deathknights are probably bottom of the barrel right now in terms of skill requirement, along with hunters, and at the same time I think every single rogue i see is terrible right now and mind numbingly predictable. Every single rogue opens, runs around the corner, opens again, cheaps/garrotes everyone with crtl1-2-3 or w/e because CnD/Subterfuge, then does it again until they can kill someone in a bomb. Shadowpriests seem like they have a kind of high skill cap, it will be higher next patch.

In terms of healers, I know everyone says paladins are a joke, but I really just dont get that, though I may be biased. It just seems to me that paladins, particularly right now, are entirely dependent on good play. If your positioning isnt flawless, if you dont wall every deep, you lose. Meanwhile, shaman can yolo anywhere on the map and not care because they have tremor/shear/grounding, and if they actually do get cc'd, healingstream/ES/RipTide/Earthliving keep people alive. Watching resto shaman stream is actually absurdly frustrating. Every time they get feared because of terrible positioning, and being too dumb to ground/shear, they can just tremor it, when any other healer would have to trinket/WotF. Or they eat a 20 second cc chain but nothing dies because healingstream ticks for a billion, then they get out and drop a 500k instant heal.

If it weren't for hunters being so fucking dumb I think priest skill cap would shine a little more, right now they dont need to do much playing thug/jungle/priest.hunter.x/ Monks seems semi skillful too for the same reasons as paladins, its all about positioning, druids to an extent.

I dunno if I even answered the question

all i read was ...

"im a paladin and im gonna bitch about every other class till something is done about me being cc'd for fucking eternity"

i honestly didnt read  your post im just assuming thats what it was about..

can people stop bitching already?
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 14 May 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

all i read was ...

"im a paladin and im gonna bitch about every other class till something is done about me being cc'd for fucking eternity"

I wasn't bitching, if it came off that way it wasn't supposed to. I dont think being cc'd as a paladin is a problem, or no more then usual, its always been our weakness, its a lrn2play/position issue. I just dont want 1600 mages to 100-0 me in a deep freeze.

Edited by Radejjj, 14 May 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#24 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2264
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

all i read was ...

Dude.. you contradicted yourself by posting that. You are literally bitching about "bitching."

Also, I find it appalling that you would admit to not reading something and judging someone based solely on a generalization you've made. You're pretty much saying something equivalent to, "that black guy is a murderer because I saw a black guy kill someone once...." Just stop posting here, you obviously have nothing to contribute.

Edited by Filthpig, 14 May 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#25 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

The point is a bit different. Everyone that has gotten a title thinks he deserves them again. If he can't reach it the game must be shit. So flaming the game is a lot about keeping face. If you ask people which season they prefer it's pretty much all time one in which they were very succesful.

Also if you read old threads every season since season 2 is the worst season ever, at least that was the common opinion during these seasons. I think that 5.3 will be one of the best patches balance wise that WoW has ever seen and my class gets nerfed pretty harsh in 5.3.

#26 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

all i read was ...

You bitch about other people bitching.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

The thing hindering people's opinion is how easy it is to do damage these days. You can do all kind of fancy tricks here and there and it wont stop your enemies from globaling something off anyways. The level between the best and the good/normal is so little, it's hard to distinguish.

Then again also CC'ing is super easy and expected. Sapping out of Blind/Fear/Kidney is normal, so is cross-ccing with web->trap on healer and silencing shot to SP for example. Deep the healer and doublefear the dps for freecast into Deep. Can be applied to any CC in this game.

Everything is expected and when people tend to watch high-rated players stream, they learn all these things that was normally high-skillcap things and apply it into their gameplay and ta-da, everythings expected of them again.

The game ain't about personal skill so much anymore, it's more about the teamwork put together.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#28 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

LOL there are like 3 posts total that are actually on the topic. This site is fucking aids now, just like WoW arenas.

#29 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

yeah this is a mess and is really only going to have unnecessary complaining about classes / players
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<