Help

Incanter's Ward nerf

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#101 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 14 May 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Next patch the nether tempest spammers will become living bomb spammers, so I wouldn't worry about cc breaking :)

if your aim is to make cc stick while being trained living bomb is already the better option, but then at the end of the match the mages damage done might not be so omg impressive so not that many take it, probably the same mages who check their damage done in the middle of group fights in rbgs :D

damn... how did you know
Posted Image

#102 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Postaffix, on 14 May 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

The point he's trying to make is that the procs themselves are the problem, not the base damage that Mages do.  Bomb isn't that strong... until you triple its output by stacking incanter's, one or two trinkets and orc racial.

It makes no sense to do all the ridiculous bullshit that people are asking for over the past couple of days (remove bomb, remove mastery, remove shatter, remove FoF, remove frozen orb, etc.) when the actual problems are much more obvious.

I think one thing that's worth noting is that mages generally are able to take advantage of procs much more than other classes.  If any other caster class gets 5 procs up at the same time, they can't just deep their target and blanket the healer.  I'm not saying that necessarily needs to be nerfed, just pointing it out.

I'm also gonna have to question your math...  Bomb damage triples with Incanters + trinket proc + orc racial?  That means it needs to do 3/1.3 = 2.3x damage before incanter's.  I don't think anything but extreme trinket procs would give you 2.3x damage.  You'd basically need to go from ~20k sp to ~46k sp.  Maybe I'm wrong, shrug, but I don't like exaggerations like this to make your class appear weaker than it is.

#103 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

This doesn't fix pve trinket/on-use/incanter's/orc racial stacking that is so commonly associated with watchmeblink's playstyle. The stars will still continue to align for the mitch jones enthusiasts, the only difference is that the galaxy lost half a star.
Posted Image

#104 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 15 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

This doesn't fix pve trinket/on-use/incanter's/orc racial stacking that is so commonly associated with watchmeblink's playstyle. The stars will still continue to align for the mitch jones enthusiasts, the only difference is that the galaxy lost half a star.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a poet

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#105 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostBraindance, on 15 May 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a poet

Pro...  just Pro

#106 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 15 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

tbh I think 15% damage for 25 seconds is still pretty nasty..

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#107 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostIcekingx, on 15 May 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

tbh I think 15% damage for 25 seconds is still pretty nasty..

i like it better actually. against non dispel teams  100% up time on 15% increased damage.. GG

#108 Sicktrix1

Sicktrix1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2298
  • 3v3: 2487
  • 5v5: 2547
  • RBG: 2234

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 15 May 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

i like it better actually. against non dispel teams  100% up time on 15% increased damage.. GG

Invocation talent already does that... lol

#109 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostSicktrix1, on 15 May 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Invocation talent already does that... lol

ohh yeah lets lol about not having to do a 2.5 sec channel to get the same effect and a gain  small damage absorb, and not lose a 60% heal from evo glyph...  

tard

Edited by Christymarie, 15 May 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#110 Sicktrix1

Sicktrix1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2298
  • 3v3: 2487
  • 5v5: 2547
  • RBG: 2234

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 15 May 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

ohh yeah lets lol about not having to do a 2.5 sec channel to get the same effect and a gain  small damage absorb, and not lose a 60% heal from evo glyph...  

tard

well its not hard to get a 2.5sec cast off, it lasts 1 minute and is also undispellable, seems alot better to me than incanters next patch (what good comp doesnt have offensive dispel)

#111 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostSicktrix1, on 15 May 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

well its not hard to get a 2.5sec cast off, it lasts 1 minute and is also undispellable, seems alot better to me than incanters next patch (what good comp doesnt have offensive dispel)

Good way to fish for pummels too. who isn't going to try to interrupt an evo right in their face
Posted Image

#112 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 15 May 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Good way to fish for pummels too. who isn't going to try to interrupt an evo right in their face

lol that can be said for almost any cast... if i cast a poly i bet they try to kick it.  frostbolt frostbomb,.hell, tards love tryna kick a frostfire bolt..  whats the difference?

#113 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 15 May 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

lol that can be said for almost any cast... if i cast a poly i bet they try to kick it.  frostbolt frostbomb,.hell, tards love tryna kick a frostfire bolt..  whats the difference?

evo is usually a 2 minute cd, more prone to be interrupted, who assumes that someone will fake cast with evo? lol
Posted Image

#114 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostNadagast, on 15 May 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

I'm also gonna have to question your math...  Bomb damage triples with Incanters + trinket proc + orc racial?  That means it needs to do 3/1.3 = 2.3x damage before incanter's.  I don't think anything but extreme trinket procs would give you 2.3x damage.  You'd basically need to go from ~20k sp to ~46k sp.  Maybe I'm wrong, shrug, but I don't like exaggerations like this to make your class appear weaker than it is.
I doubt his math was actual math, more just trying to make a point that most people seem incapable of understanding, and i really really doubt his intention was to make the class appear weaker then it actually is, which I'm surprised you felt the need to mention

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#115 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostNadagast, on 15 May 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

I think one thing that's worth noting is that mages generally are able to take advantage of procs much more than other classes.  If any other caster class gets 5 procs up at the same time, they can't just deep their target and blanket the healer.  I'm not saying that necessarily needs to be nerfed, just pointing it out.

it was an attempt at hyperbole but i honestly don't think it was actually hyperbolic... bomb ranges from like 60k to 180k depending on gems, procs, on use trinkets, incanter's and racials.  if you go watchmeblink style with double pve trinket incanter's ward and int gems and just turtle till everything in the world is up you kill people instantly.  that's both easily preventable, and totally retarded and shouldn't be possible.  Both can be true.  but there's tons of people here on AJ saying the same bullshit that 1500 rated players on the forums which is that you can "die every 30 seconds" which is just plainly untrue and represents and clear lack of understand for how the class works.

The level of discourse here is so low that people say blatantly untrue statements, and then when they're corrected, respond by saying that they "can't believe Mages are actually defending the class".  The reality is that most of the people here are dead wrong about what the problems with the class are, and the class is too strong in certain situations.  Mages being too strong doesn't instantly validate every criticism against the class.  That's just not reasonable.

Edited by affix, 15 May 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#116 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postaffix, on 15 May 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

it was an attempt at hyperbole but i honestly don't think it was actually hyperbolic... bomb ranges from like 60k to 180k depending on gems, procs, on use trinkets, incanter's and racials.  if you go watchmeblink style with double pve trinket incanter's ward and int gems and just turtle till everything in the world is up you kill people instantly.  that's both easily preventable, and totally retarded and shouldn't be possible.  Both can be true.  but there's tons of people here on AJ saying the same bullshit that 1500 rated players on the forums which is that you can "die every 30 seconds" which is just plainly untrue and represents and clear lack of understand for how the class works.

The level of discourse here is so low that people say blatantly untrue statements, and then when they're corrected, respond by saying that they "can't believe Mages are actually defending the class".  The reality is that most of the people here are dead wrong about what the problems with the class are, and the class is too strong in certain situations.  Mages being too strong doesn't instantly validate every criticism against the class.  That's just not reasonable.

AFFX for president

#117 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

In before braindance can't actually believe you are defending the Mage class

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#118 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

The level of discourse here is so low that people say blatantly untrue statements, and then when they're corrected, respond by saying that they "can't believe (insert class here) are actually defending the class".  The reality is that most of the people here are dead wrong about what the problems with the class are, and the class is too strong in certain situations.  (insert class here) being too strong doesn't instantly validate every criticism against the class.  That's just not reasonable.

This is a problem relevant to every class and not just mages in particular.  People on this website should really invest their time in learning the details of a class before posting criticisms on it otherwise they will most likely just be spreading misinformation. Very rarely does a thread end in an intelligent discussion because the majority of the time threads are hijacked by people who have no idea of what they are talking about.
Posted Image

#119 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Nerf barbarians WW Sprint spec is just too op.

#120 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostShock1911, on 15 May 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Nerf barbarians WW Sprint spec is just too op.

Diablo 3 is shit
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<