Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 13 May 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I don't think people said they wanted to roll the best class, most of them probably would just like to be able to play their alts, without having to spend months of gearing up. Even with the new catch up system, it will take forever to cap if you start late. Imagine being down 40.000 health and a ton of stats, then you go ahead and try to cap your new "catch up" cap as a Ret Paladin or so.

its not hard at all to cap with shit gear, i just leveled a second warlock and in full lfr gear got my cap this week in 2s with just a handful of losses.  find yourself a fully geared friend and have them do 2s with you, its really really easy at 1300 2s to cap an alt, even up to the 1600s.  And with the catch up system you are gaining more and more pvp gear with every 10 wins or so, so the wins become easier and easier.  If i can cap a warlock with 370k hp and 50% resil with 0 pvp power, capping another class with dreadful gear, or lfr should be just as easy.

#62 Lovemama

Lovemama
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/2

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

It's a very nice idea but Blizzard will never let such a good idea through for the PvPers because in some way it will not be good for them as usual...

#63 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

I think he is refering to when the next season start. He / I asume that the iLvl cap will be raised, meaning heroic will will suddenly be better than 496/512 if the cap is indeed raised to 522 or so. We can only asume though here.
they tweeted about it already, the ilvl cap will gradually increase as people get new pvp gear, until it lands at a level appropriate for full pvp gear next season

Also, if the system works like challenge modes, then sockets + high iLvl will still matter. Hit/Expertise is never downscaled, meaning you can reforge it away from PvP pieces, and socket bonuses + sockets will be worth more. But again, we'll have to see.
hit is not downscaled, but if you reforge out of hit then the reforged stat is downscaled. also items with extra socket bonuses have less base strength/agility/intellect to compensate so its not as big a difference

I don't think people said they wanted to roll the best class, most of them probably would just like to be able to play their alts, without having to spend months of gearing up. Even with the new catch up system, it will take forever to cap if you start late. Imagine being down 40.000 health and a ton of stats, then you go ahead and try to cap your new "catch up" cap as a Ret Paladin or so.

But atleast it is something! I would just like an easier way to play my alts.
i think what people say they want and what people actually want are two very different things :D

but regardless, it seems a bit retarded to get full up to date gear on one character over a period of time, and then just because you got that you can then get full gear instantly on all your other lvl 90 characters just by botting honor for a day. also seems kinda obvious why they don't want to make it that stupidly easy to get full gear

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 May 2013 - 01:49 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#64 omusan

omusan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 384

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

jup nice idea ^_^

#65 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 May 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

[...]

i think what people say they want and what people actually want are two very different things :D. but regardless, it seems a bit retarded to get full up to date gear on one character over a period of time, and then just because you got that you can then get full gear instantly on all your other lvl 90 characters just by botting honor for a day. also seems kinda obvious why they don't want do make it that stupidly easy to get full gear

Stupidly easy? Most people will still have to wait perhaps 12 or 13 weeks to get the 27000 cap. Why not reward their alts. They want more arena participation, the gear will still be worse in world pvp due to heroic PvE, and people will actually pick up their alts instead of quitting.

#66 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 13 May 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Stupidly easy? Most people will still have to wait perhaps 12 or 13 weeks to get the 27000 cap. Why not reward their alts. They want more arena participation, the gear will still be worse in world pvp due to heroic PvE, and people will actually pick up their alts instead of quitting.
i would think that getting free offspec gear after reaching the 27000 cap is reward enough, they dont need to also give every sing lvl 90 character on the same account free bis pvp gear as well

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#67 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2420
  • 3v3: 3034
  • 5v5: 2614
  • RBG: 2526

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think he is refering to when the next season start. He / I asume that the iLvl cap will be raised, meaning heroic will will suddenly be better than 496/512 if the cap is indeed raised to 522 or so. We can only asume though here.

Also, if the system works like challenge modes, then sockets + high iLvl will still matter. Hit/Expertise is never downscaled, meaning you can reforge it away from PvP pieces, and socket bonuses + sockets will be worth more. But again, we'll have to see.

I think they said they'd increase the ilvl cap slowly when a new season starts, but we'll have to see about that.
Regarding hit rating not being downscaled, that will give you maybe what? 200 of a secondary stat? that honestly doesn't matter.
The sockets might indeed be quite a substantial stat boost, and I've personally been gathering a lot of items with extra sockets, but for this, the heroic gear isn't better than the LFR. Except of course ra-den drops 3-4 items with extra sockets, depending on what class/spec you play.

#68 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 May 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

i would think that getting free offspec gear after reaching the 27000 cap is reward enough, they dont need to also give every sing lvl 90 character on the same account free bis pvp gear as well

If they want to have a healthy PVP game they absolutely should.

When I play Dota 2 I am on an equal playing field with literally every other player in the game (as far as stats go) right from my first game, on ALL heroes.

A system with arbitrary stat differences between PVP competitors (especially differences that are based on time not skill) is horrible for competition.

There are plenty of ways to reward victory in PVP that are not stat-based.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#69 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostReedztv, on 12 May 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Edit: Damn, I'm late to the party : (

Edited by Hyuru, 13 May 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 May 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

What do I need my offspec sets for? Not like I can just swap from Resto, to Balance and to Feral once I have a decent 3v3 team. Unless they fix team jumping? Which I can only asume will be something done in next expansion and not before.

Arena and PvP should not be about gear, but about skill. There are plenty of ways to reward PvP'ers in other ways.

#71 Jojonephew

Jojonephew
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2269
  • Location?

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

#72 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1879
  • 3v3: 2694
  • 5v5: 2249
  • RBG: 2276

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I don't understand the logic behind quitting once your class gets nerfed... do people actually take this game that seriously they have to feel #1 in order to enjoy it?

Edited by Smooviex, 13 May 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#73 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

theres not much disparity in comps people are running as is.. then you give everyones alts full gear instantly and every single game would be thugcleave or godcomp or thug cleave... or god comp

blizz has a hard time balancing things so allowing the fotm to have instant perfect gear on the monthly godclass doesnt sound like something i'd like to see
Posted Image

#74 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

It should double the conquest points gained on your alts I'd say. Kind of like a buff type of thing that they have for valor. Just instead it'd be permanent to your alts once your main gets that achievement. Would work really nice, I'd say.

Edited by Virent, 13 May 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#75 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 13 May 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

theres not much disparity in comps people are running as is.. then you give everyones alts full gear instantly and every single game would be thugcleave or godcomp or thug cleave... or god comp

blizz has a hard time balancing things so allowing the fotm to have instant perfect gear on the monthly godclass doesnt sound like something i'd like to see
this exactly

View PostVirent, on 13 May 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

It should double the conquest points gained on your alts I'd say. Kind of like a buff type of thing that they have for valor. Just instead it'd be permanent to your alts once your main gets that achievement. Would work really nice, I'd say.
thats effectively what the catch up mechanic does

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 May 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#76 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 May 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

thats effectively what the catch up mechanic does

Not exactly.

I just mean for you to be able to cap your characters quicker, assuming you're actively playing them. Like say, if you got 27k achievement on your main and it's like week 9 (3k cp each week from high arena cap or 2k in rbgs), you'd still be 16.2k conquest points behind. That's quite a lot. While if the cps you gain doubled, you'd be able to catch up much quicker due to your main having that achievement you'd get rewarded.
Essentially, it's just making things faster to catch up at the end of the season if you have reached high caps on your main.

As it is right now, pure classes get no benefit from having that achievement.
Posted Image

#77 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostVirent, on 13 May 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

As it is right now, pure classes get no benefit from having that achievement.
good thing you play a hybrid then

#78 Dogglethorpe

Dogglethorpe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Arena participation is a problem. OP's idea would have people grinding BGs for conquest instead of actual arenas. My suggestion would be similar to how the valor cap works, after one character is valor capped for the week, all other characters gain 50% bonus to valor.

Perhaps the 27k cap could grant bonus conquest earnings to other characters? Any suggestion should encourage people to play arenas while gaining more conquest points.

I think what arenas need right now is an incentive to get new people and alts to play more arenas. Perhaps a weekly arena quest of 5 arena wins for bonus reputation/gold/conquest points/chance for other bullshit. The learning curve for arenas is so huge, that people get discouraged before they've ever tried "real" arenas.

#79 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostBraindance, on 14 May 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

He is right tho - most people that play pvp roll alts so that when their class sucks they can fall back to their viable toons.

I don't see anything wrong with that, tbh. Why gimp yourself intentionally in a PVP game? The whole point is to win, not to be the savior of X underpowered class. (I feel the same way about, for example, people that only play 1 or 2 heroes in a Dota-like game.)

For me I haven't seriously played anything but Hunter since S4, but I can definitely understand people that play more than 1 class. It's PVP, not some RP bullshit.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#80 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 14 May 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

I don't see anything wrong with that, tbh. Why gimp yourself intentionally in a PVP game? The whole point is to win, not to be the savior of X underpowered class. (I feel the same way about, for example, people that only play 1 or 2 heroes in a Dota-like game.)

For me I haven't seriously played anything but Hunter since S4, but I can definitely understand people that play more than 1 class. It's PVP, not some RP bullshit.
its part of a wider game that revolves around characters improving the more time and effort you put into them, not OH ITS S12 TIME TO PLAY WARRIOR OH THEY NERFED WARRIOR IMA PLAY HUNTER NOW OH THEY NERFED THAT IMA PLAY MAGE AND RET PALA

its always taken this long to gear alts, since tbc. the only difference is that an alt in 2 seasons previous gear used to be actually competitive, but for some reason everyone gave up asking for the massive differences in gear levels to change, something they could actively look at now they have an ilvl cap in instanced pvp, and instead wants instant bis pvp gear on every character with no corresponding time investment on that particular character

i just dont have sympathy for people who seem to think it should take them the same amount of time to fully gear their 8 lvl 90 characters as it takes me to gear one, if you dont like playing characters that are slightly undergeared or dont have time to play them all, newsflash, dont play so many fucking characters, go outside once in a while, and actually get good at playing a few characters instead of being mediocre at every class in the game and bitching that u cant have instant bis gear on all of them

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 14 May 2013 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<