• Curse Sites
Help

Hpally vs Unholy DK (surviving, CD management, and mana conservatioin)

Holy Paladin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigSexyKiester

BigSexyKiester
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1124

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Holy paladin here. I run mostly 3's with MLP, or Warrior/Lock/Pally. I do pretty well, most people tell me I'm good for a paladin. The problem is, my survivability is pretty bad. By this point, I have pretty much figured out surviving Rogues, and Mages (Still struggle with RMP of course, but I'm getting there). The biggest problem I encounter right now is actually Unholy DK's. Having no hots, shields, and only 2 instant casts (one on a 20 second CD), they burn me down fairly quickly. Their diseases hurt, and dispelling them seems to be a waste of mana, as they're instantly reapplied when he's on me. While the DK builds up Necrotic on me, I am frantically hopping around trying to do anything I can to stay topped off, but it seems impossible. I fear the gargoyle as soon as it pops, healthstone, battlemaster trinket, Divine Protection, keep Eternal Flame up, Hoj on CD, take gateway. The problem is I seem to have about a .25% chance of getting a cast off. Between juking a mind freeze, 2 grips, a stun/silence, and whatever his teammates want to hit me with too, I have very little casting uptime. I'll try to sprint away and AM to get a couple casts off, only to get gripped through my cast. If I do manage to survive for a significant amount of time, my team is very low, and I am far behind on healing, with little to no CD's available.

Even if I am not hit directly by the DK, his pressure is still utterly ridiculous. If the match is not finished within about 5 minutes, I am completely OOM, have popped every CD, and my whole team is low.

At this point I'm very frustrated, and feel almost like there's nothing I can do. I LOVE playing Holy Paladin, but I feel like at this point my best bet is reroll, which I don't want to do. I'm too lazy, and it would feel like a cop out to me (excusing my poor performance with "my class is bad").

So I need some help. What can I do to better survive against DK teams? How can I keep my teammates topped while conserving mana? How can I keep myself up while being trained by a DK without blowing precious CDs? Any other tips, or things I might have left out, or am not noticing?

Thanks in Advance,
Chronic

#2 Aranoxs

Aranoxs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2520

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostBigSexyKiester, on 10 May 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Holy paladin here. I run mostly 3's with MLP, or Warrior/Lock/Pally. I do pretty well, most people tell me I'm good for a paladin. The problem is, my survivability is pretty bad. By this point, I have pretty much figured out surviving Rogues, and Mages (Still struggle with RMP of course, but I'm getting there). The biggest problem I encounter right now is actually Unholy DK's. Having no hots, shields, and only 2 instant casts (one on a 20 second CD), they burn me down fairly quickly. Their diseases hurt, and dispelling them seems to be a waste of mana, as they're instantly reapplied when he's on me. While the DK builds up Necrotic on me, I am frantically hopping around trying to do anything I can to stay topped off, but it seems impossible. I fear the gargoyle as soon as it pops, healthstone, battlemaster trinket, Divine Protection, keep Eternal Flame up, Hoj on CD, take gateway. The problem is I seem to have about a .25% chance of getting a cast off. Between juking a mind freeze, 2 grips, a stun/silence, and whatever his teammates want to hit me with too, I have very little casting uptime. I'll try to sprint away and AM to get a couple casts off, only to get gripped through my cast. If I do manage to survive for a significant amount of time, my team is very low, and I am far behind on healing, with little to no CD's available.

Even if I am not hit directly by the DK, his pressure is still utterly ridiculous. If the match is not finished within about 5 minutes, I am completely OOM, have popped every CD, and my whole team is low.

At this point I'm very frustrated, and feel almost like there's nothing I can do. I LOVE playing Holy Paladin, but I feel like at this point my best bet is reroll, which I don't want to do. I'm too lazy, and it would feel like a cop out to me (excusing my poor performance with "my class is bad").

So I need some help. What can I do to better survive against DK teams? How can I keep my teammates topped while conserving mana? How can I keep myself up while being trained by a DK without blowing precious CDs? Any other tips, or things I might have left out, or am not noticing?

Thanks in Advance,
Chronic
What I mostly do against DK's on me his try get his mindfreeze asap, use ur instant also as fast as u can to get u a bit safe, fake cast him, then keep casting as he wil use his double grips, from there on you're quite safe as next time he wont have everything to stop you. If you're really in problems use aura mastery (but make sure he used his grips). you could bop yourself (protection one) and then use a cd to top you and keep you safe. Also freedom yourself/Speed of light, run behind pillar & spam heal. Also you're team gotta help you, the lock can fear him, stun him , same as warrior can slow him etc. But also don't focus too much on the dk himself, if you're team can get the pressure out the dk can't stay on you allone forever, he gotta peel for his team also then.
Sorry for the bad grammar =) just woke up.

#3 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Its the worst class you can play against as a hpala tbh , atleast thats what it feels like getting a cast of is like the worst thing ever :P  
What i do is swap beacon around a lot  (beacon glyph) and try and keep x3 Eternal flames up (this is also depends on procs and damage going ofc).  If you get shit procs its rly hard to survive but you should have team mates to help you peel, if he uses grips just freedom and run ^^
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holy Paladin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<