Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Is it just me or are disc shields ridiculous?


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 622
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2264
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

So I'm finding that priests are the only healer that exist on this entire battlegroup unless its a druid in godcomp. I feel like disc shields are completely absurd. Trying to dispel them by yourself with a single target dispel takes a miracle because everything they do stacks or gives multiple buffs, then you have to deal with a 150k+ shield, then a divine aegis, and they still have spirit shell making someone immortal. PW: Shield crits are ridiculous too. Am I the only one that feels like shield has too short of a cooldown or something? Priests preventing half of my damage as opposed to healing it is a really bad thing for this game imo.

#2 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 884
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2420
  • 3v3: 3034
  • 5v5: 2614
  • RBG: 2526

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Their good shields also mean that they have a harder time picking peoples actual health up than other healers do.

#3 Apsco60

Apsco60
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 155
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

PWS getting nerfed by like 70% sp.

#4 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1025
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

It's not you, everyone knows how ridiculous those shields are. 150k+ shield? Please, it's more like 300k shield, 400k  divine aegis, 900k spirit shell, all non crit and all instant They also top people off with one Flash heal or a single tick of penance. If I am lucky, with all cooldowns up I can do 2m crit Greater Heals but that doesn't matter because with 300k shields, priests don't even have to cast. It's like a holy pala combined with a resto druid, but with less casting.
Because of the amazing healing output and shields, any comp is better with a priest, they replaced shamans and druids in every comp, coincidentally despite the unfair healing, they can only play rush down hunter comps, which is very surprising.
Solution: Triple PW: Shield cooldown , make Spirit Shell unusable arena or at least make it a 5 minute cooldown and nerf Flash heal by %40, to be at the same level with other healers. They need to look at the mana regen of priests also, it is the only healer with a symbolic blue bar, buckets are meant to be empty bros but priest mana is always %100, maybe a regen multiplier nerf?
Also, mass dispel should be a 3 second cast and fear should have 2 minutes cooldown.

Edited by Djandawg, 10 May 2013 - 03:17 AM.


#5 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 1808
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 10 May 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

It's not you, everyone knows how ridiculous those shields are. 150k+ shield? Please, it's more like 300k shield, 400k  divine aegis, 900k spirit shell, all non crit and all instant They also top people off with one Flash heal or a single tick of penance. If I am lucky, with all cooldowns up I can do 2m crit Greater Heals but that doesn't matter because with 300k shields, priests don't even have to cast. It's like a holy pala combined with a resto druid, but with less casting.
Because of the amazing healing output and shields, any comp is better with a priest, they replaced shamans and druids in every comp, coincidentally despite the unfair healing, they can only play rush down hunter comps, which is very surprising.
Solution: Triple PW: Shield cooldown , make Spirit Shell unusable arena or at least make it a 5 minute cooldown and nerf Flash heal by %40, to be at the same level with other healers. They need to look at the mana regen of priests also, it is the only healer with a symbolic blue bar, buckets are meant to be empty bros but priest mana is always %100, maybe a regen multiplier nerf?
Also, mass dispel should be a 3 second cast and fear should have 2 minutes cooldown.

You really went out of your way for this sarcasm

#6 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1025
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 10 May 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

You really went out of your way for this sarcasm
Well... I was replying to a hunter.

#7 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 622
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2264
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 10 May 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

It's not you, everyone knows how ridiculous those shields are. 150k+ shield? Please, it's more like 300k shield, 400k  divine aegis, 900k spirit shell, all non crit and all instant They also top people off with one Flash heal or a single tick of penance. If I am lucky, with all cooldowns up I can do 2m crit Greater Heals but that doesn't matter because with 300k shields, priests don't even have to cast. It's like a holy pala combined with a resto druid, but with less casting.
Because of the amazing healing output and shields, any comp is better with a priest, they replaced shamans and druids in every comp, coincidentally despite the unfair healing, they can only play rush down hunter comps, which is very surprising.
Solution: Triple PW: Shield cooldown , make Spirit Shell unusable arena or at least make it a 5 minute cooldown and nerf Flash heal by %40, to be at the same level with other healers. They need to look at the mana regen of priests also, it is the only healer with a symbolic blue bar, buckets are meant to be empty bros but priest mana is always %100, maybe a regen multiplier nerf?
Also, mass dispel should be a 3 second cast and fear should have 2 minutes cooldown.

This is exactly the type of post that never needs to be made. I think priests shields are a valid issue because the general philosophy behind a healing class is that they HEAL, not totally prevent damage.


View PostDjandawg, on 10 May 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Well... I was replying to a hunter.

This is also stupid and stereotypical, I also play warlock, enhancement sham, priest, rogue, death knight, and paladin.

Edited by Filthpig, 10 May 2013 - 03:25 AM.


#8 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1025
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

You mean total prevention with 150k+ shields that can also crit + divine aegis + spirit shell? I had the wrong idea that you would try to figure out the following after my post:
How much an average priest shield absorbs, what's the number when it crits, what's the crit chance of a priest with full tyrannical gear, what's divine aegis and how is it created, how does priest create spirit shell shields? Excluding shields, how are priest healing numbers with penance and Flash Heal.(with and without gracex3)

Edited by Djandawg, 10 May 2013 - 03:35 AM.


#9

  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2211

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

i'll just leave this here

~86k shield (assuming going for mastery) - double if crit (average of 7-8% chance) - dispellable
~divine aegis shields are100% of the heal that crit +%inc from mastery - once more. 7-8% crit chance
~flash heal with grace ~75k, flash heal no grace ~42k
~pom flash heal (3x grace) ~120k
~penance around 36k per tick (with 3x grace - ~24k without)
~spirit shell requires CASTING - 15sec duration on shield
-Grace -> dispellable
-PoM & 4set Bonus (increased healing by 50% from next flash/greater)-> dispellable

numbers may vary depending on spellpower of the caster

Edit: Factors Battle Fatigue

Edited by Mezso, 10 May 2013 - 06:42 PM.


#10 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 480
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 10 May 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

This is exactly the type of post that never needs to be made. I think priests shields are a valid issue because the general philosophy behind a healing class is that they HEAL, not totally prevent damage.




This is also stupid and stereotypical, I also play warlock, enhancement sham, priest, rogue, death knight, and paladin.
I'd rather not homogenize the healers more. As someone said above, they heal using shields. They don't top someone off with just one heal. Making changes that would turn disc priests into cloth wearing paladin would just make the game even more boring. Classes should be more different than alike.

I don't think there is anything wrong with disc priests right now.

#11 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1025
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostMezso, on 10 May 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:


i'll just leave this here

~86k shield (assuming going for mastery) - double if crit (average of 7-8% chance) - dispellable
~divine aegis shields are100% of the heal that crit +%inc from mastery - once more. 7-8% crit chance
~flash heal with grace ~75k, flash heal no grace ~42k
~pom flash heal (3x grace) ~120k
~penance around 36k per tick (with 3x grace - ~24k without)
~spirit shell requires CASTING - 15sec duration on shield
-Grace -> dispellable
-PoM & 4set Bonus (increased healing by 50% from next flash/greater)-> dispellable

numbers may vary depending on spellpower of the caster
Assuming this doesn't factor in battle fatigue and/or MS?

Edited by Djandawg, 10 May 2013 - 03:47 AM.


#12

  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2211

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 10 May 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

[size=4]
Assuming this doesn't factor in battle fatigue and/or MS?

This is indeed without MS and Battle Fatigue.
Forgot to mention, sry about that.

#13 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 10 May 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

So I'm finding that priests are the only healer that exist on this entire battlegroup unless its a druid in godcomp. I feel like disc shields are completely absurd. Trying to dispel them by yourself with a single target dispel takes a miracle because everything they do stacks or gives multiple buffs, then you have to deal with a 150k+ shield, then a divine aegis, and they still have spirit shell making someone immortal. PW: Shield crits are ridiculous too. Am I the only one that feels like shield has too short of a cooldown or something? Priests preventing half of my damage as opposed to healing it is a really bad thing for this game imo.

PWS is 90k~ when it crit (9% crit chance) 180k pretty dumb it should not have a chance to crit, but isnt gamebreaking at all

divine aegis make a crit heal for a normal heal and put a shield by the same amount it healed, i dont see it being dumb (pretty much when you crit, half is a heal half is a shield, i dont see it being even better than a normal crit lol)

spirit shell turns your casted heals into casted shields, i dont see it being gamebreaking too

i agree PWS critting is dumb, other than that i think you're mad

Edited by dionim, 10 May 2013 - 03:50 AM.


#14 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 138
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

I think it has a lot to do with the state of the game too. Take a 200k absorb or heal and a player with 400k health. Putting up 200k absorb so the enemy has to burst 600k+ while you're in CC is a lot better than them only having to burst 400k while you sit in CC waiting to use a 200k heal. It's the same way Druid healers are stronger when the game is slower.

But yeah, all I see is Priests now too.

#15 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 558
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

yea shields are ridiculous, i can pretty much full bar someone with 1 shield with cds poped
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#16 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 64
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2081
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

idk if you guys know this but priests are only really good in rush down comps atm but will become significantly worse when/if the game starts to slow down which I assume it will to so degree with the coming changes so I'd weight to see before nerfing anything. The only thing I think is kind of dumb atm is the pw:s crit thing but gl getting that nerfed when it was just added in last patch and its a pve centric mechanic.

#17 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 2915
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

shields? what shields?

im a mage we dont believe in that absorb bullshit.

dont stop till shield pops i say.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix


http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#18 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 449
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm confused to what you are complaining about. The 90k shield every 15 seconds? Seems more than appropriate versus two dps classes (praying to god you aren't talking about 1v1). The spirit shell shields they cast? It only lasts 15 seconds and they are casted heals, try  playing defensive for a moment or have you or your partner stop the casts preemptively.
www.twitch.tv/wowser8

#19 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 390
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

pw:s and divine aegis is fine, imo spirit shell is what's OP, but that's also the only reason priest healer is worth a damn imo. The actual healing output is so trash that they would be so fucked without all the shields
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#20 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostCreepStatus, on 10 May 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

pw:s and divine aegis is fine, imo spirit shell is what's OP, but that's also the only reason priest healer is worth a damn imo. The actual healing output is so trash that they would be so fucked without all the shields

this is funny, spirit shell is a casted flash heal that shields the target it cap at 250k absorb
pretty funny people let the priest cast 3 flash heals (for each target) AFTER that cc the priest, and then complain about doing no damage when someone is cc'ed, it last 15 seconds...

this is the same as complaining about a healer that healaded 250k because he casted 3x a 1,5s cast spell

the same when someone has 3 blooms, rejuv, you cc the druid and dps that guy down and at the end of the cc he still have 70% of his hp, clearly druids overpowered hehe




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<