#41 Tibzdtf

Tibzdtf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazjatar
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just delete the patches for wotlk cata and mop and lets just go back to BC.
"\_( シ)_/"Posted Image"\_( シ)_/"

Twitch.tv/tibzngr

#42 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/0/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 848

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Posta1entity, on 09 May 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Don't know about PVE but finding partners that are decent in comparison to S9 and S10 is almost impossible. Basically if you don't know anyone decent on a server your on, you will be doing 1600 mmr 2s forever. Never had issues with finding teammates like now. I saw this decline started since S11. Definitely PVP is going down the drain here.

Indeed, i quitted back at s8, and returned just at the end of the first mop season, and still couldn't find decent team mates. And im on a server which has queue sometimes.

Edited by Darksoldierr, 09 May 2013 - 07:09 PM.

What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#43 Bakr

Bakr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Wrong Wrong Wrong.

The main reason WoW is dying is due to the decline of the social aspect.

Ask yourselves these questions.

Did the game get boring/stale when balance was an issue? NO
Did the game get boring when content wasn't refreshed? Not Really

Did the game get boring when your friends stopped playing? Ding Ding

WoW itself is a great game, no questioning that. But the funnest part of this game will always be the social aspect.

Dieing low pop servers and lack of community killed the game.

Friends will always be the biggest draw to this game. How many times did you login because your RL friends were playing and they needed your help or wanted to play with you?

Nowadays friends don't really need help, because the content isn't challenging, or because you can find randoms for dungeons/raids.

I still don't understand why this game isn't on consoles yet. You would think Activision-Blizzard would have enough pull to convince console manufacturers to put it on their systems. It really wouldn't be too hard to convince MS/Sony to allow keyboard and mouse support for their systems or heck just WoW.

Plus most of console profits are from accessories/licenses. Build a proprietary keyboard/mouse that only works for their system and they would make a shit ton of money.

Ctuhlu said:

Regardless of what anyone says you are the most zergable healer in the game. At least Priests have Pain Sup/PWB. You'll love two but hate all the zerg bullshit in 3s.

Resto shaman comparing his survivability to a disc priest pre-patch 4.0.6

#44 Bakr

Bakr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Promote playing with friends. Sure some of em probably suck. But in an MMO you shouldn't ever make the decision where "uuh I'm not gonna play with my RL friend, even though I want to, because I'll tank my rating"

I think someone suggested an idea of some sort to make team hopping less punishable.

Ctuhlu said:

Regardless of what anyone says you are the most zergable healer in the game. At least Priests have Pain Sup/PWB. You'll love two but hate all the zerg bullshit in 3s.

Resto shaman comparing his survivability to a disc priest pre-patch 4.0.6

#45 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

One huge reason why I won't change away from WoW is just simply how free it is to control your character. Every single other MMO released in the past 10 years has awful way to move, jump and use your abilities, WoW just purely shits on anyone in this aspect, and I think it's one of the main reasons WoW has had a long life.

Then again, the subs can drop from 10mil->8.3mil in half a year and you don't see any difference in queues at any meaningful rating. PvP players of this game is such a small number, not even mentioning the high "AJ" community. Your precious Gladiator spots get reduced when the casual players  quit the game or stop doing PvP. (This is getting addressed somehow in 5.3 with gear catchup, reducing the difference of PvE and PvP gear and other similar things)

There is such a small amount of players who quit due to imbalance, patch changes etc. It's mostly because of:
Other games (GW2, LoL, SC2 etc..)
Friends quitting
Server communities dieing
And other similar aspects

The best fixes this game could see is 1 big ladder per continent, crossrealm arenateams and rewarding the mid-tier players for their progress. Arena reward system is in horrible old state now, where you will get rewarded only when the 6month season ends. New players think "oh well, I will just wait 6 months to get rewarded from my efforts... oh wait PvE instantly gives me stuff when I just look at the thing, might aswell quit doing arenas" This is easily proven by the fact that RBG's give you title from every 100 rating you do and gives you neat mount from doing the consistently for 75 games. It's fun to get rewarded for doing stuff, arenas just ain't rewarding when you ask this from a 1700 player. There's only such a small number of players who think improving skill, teamwork, mindset and etc is rewarding for him.

But ye, in short. It's not because of PvP balance issues why subs are dropping
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#46 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Before people jump the gun and post all kind of shit;

Most of the decline in subscribers came from China.

So no it's not because x and y. In Asia the culture is completely different compared to the rest of the world, e-sports used to be shown on television etc etc. They're more or less what football is to England and the likes.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#47 Milchev

Milchev
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostEveny, on 09 May 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

The meta game in lol is insanely boring aswell.
bruiser top , ap mid , jungler , supp ad bot it has been that since the beginning ( if someone gets stomped in a lane you're done for)

Lol? Have you actually played LoL at a Gold/Platinum+ level in SoloQ? It's been like that since the beginning? Beginning of LOL? Hah. Hell, I remember Morgana/Lux top with no Junglers back in Season 1 was like the meta. It changes every season. What you listed was mainly for late S2.

Bruiser/Jungler/AP Mid/ADC + Supp is the general meta for most blind picks/normals. Whilst, this season it was mostly Tank top, Tank Jungle, Tank/Bruiser/Assassin Mid, Tank Support.. Even if we do no damage, we will still ace you before you kill 1 of us.

#48 paypayz

paypayz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2453
  • RBG: 959

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostTibzdtf, on 09 May 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Just delete the patches for wotlk cata and mop and lets just go back to BC.

haha funny you say that, i actually started playing on this tbc server wow-one.com and having so much fun. arena skill mattesr so much more in tbc, and the factor of mana is also really cool too...

nextgen-wow is also an arena-tournament that is the same thing as wow-one except it's just AT

#49 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostMilchev, on 09 May 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Lol? Have you actually played LoL at a Gold/Platinum+ level in SoloQ? It's been like that since the beginning? Beginning of LOL? Hah. Hell, I remember Morgana/Lux top with no Junglers back in Season 1 was like the meta. It changes every season. What you listed was mainly for late S2.

Bruiser/Jungler/AP Mid/ADC + Supp is the general meta for most blind picks/normals. Whilst, this season it was mostly Tank top, Tank Jungle, Tank/Bruiser/Assassin Mid, Tank Support.. Even if we do no damage, we will still ace you before you kill 1 of us.

i've played lol since day one and what u said about season one is a pile of horseshit, u try to sound so hipster its so hilarious, what u said was for season one was only the case when u where lvling up your account, what celestic says is 100% true, there has ALWAYS been bruisers top, ALWAYS ad casters/ap carries in mid, jungle has ALWAYS been a wide variety of champions be it tanks or hard initiaters, bot has ALWAYS been AD carry/support, sometimes aggressive sometimes passive.

sure in soloq u will see random shit sometimes but its soloq, i've been 2.1k in season 2 and from what i can tell u have been playing a different game

this season is ALL about the AD casters like zed and khazix and early pressure, kills, towers etc etc, this season is by far the most action packed of all 3.

clueless hipster wannabe

Edited by Conviqx, 09 May 2013 - 09:14 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#50 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

the free to play counterstrike is pretty huge in china along with games like crossfire and other f2p games
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#51 Khra

Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Competition is the big factor, is like Microsoft and Intel back in time they were a monopoly, now they have competition and that hurts to them, but 8Million in a game so old is very good i dont think blizzard is worried, they can fix the problems with the game to avoid losing more

#52 Tibzdtf

Tibzdtf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazjatar
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postmukuld50, on 09 May 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

the tone of your posts are usually so bitter that i feel like disagreeing even when i agree lol, but this sums the game up so well for once

I reported you for this. Not because its offensive, but because I hate you.
"\_( シ)_/"Posted Image"\_( シ)_/"

Twitch.tv/tibzngr

#53 Milchev

Milchev
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostConviqx, on 09 May 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

i've played lol since day one and what u said about season one is a pile of horseshit, u try to sound so hipster its so hilarious, what u said was for season one was only the case when u where lvling up your account, what celestic says is 100% true, there has ALWAYS been bruisers top, ALWAYS ad casters/ap carries in mid, jungle has ALWAYS been a wide variety of champions be it tanks or hard initiaters, bot has ALWAYS been AD carry/support, sometimes aggressive sometimes passive.

sure in soloq u will see random shit sometimes but its soloq, i've been 2.1k in season 2 and from what i can tell u have been playing a different game

this season is ALL about the AD casters like zed and khazix and early pressure, kills, towers etc etc, this season is by far the most action packed of all 3.

clueless hipster wannabe

What a fucking hypocrite. Look at yourself. If you've played since 'day one' then you should personally know yourself there was no meta and you could of played whatever the fuck you wanted in then. I remember top teams on tournaments used to go like Ezreal top and Annie jungle, as it was very much possible to even have a caster in the jungle. Even Graves was implemented as an ad carry/jungler. There was an AOE meta also at one point where you'd pick champions like Galio, Amumu etc and would just aoe the fuck out of everyone.

I'll agree with you on S3 being more action and objective based rather than farm all game and then one team fight gg, but the game has evolved and always will, you'll even laugh at the current meta compared to the one in S4. And it's not all about AD casters either, you could run AD mid with champions like Lee or AD Nid too. The meta isn't boring at all, as not everyone plays it. You can play whatever the fuck you want and still win regardless. It comes down to what kind of champions you have, how synergistic they are with each other and what you can make out of it.

Stop being so fucking brain dead and calling people names straight away.

Blitz and Soraka bot whilst friendly Vayne top vs AP Karthus. Explain how double support and adc top is a 'pile of horseshit' you dumb fuck.

#54 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Don't get what you are arguing about. Yeah, LoL has a meta, and what?
Really, what? You cry that certain champs go bot or mid, how does that make the game less fun? Koreans actually won games with 4 support, if you are that good, go make a team with your friends and play a full support team.

And I don't see why the meta is a bad thing. It's actually what this shitty game needs. It's you guys who cry and cry every season about retard comps. Every time someone plays double healer you call them scum. Triple dps are scum. Over half this community will call double melee scum too since they train. Same with double ranged which you rage about as well the second they use their cc or damage. There has been countless posts in the past saying that it would be perfect if everyone had to queue with melee, ranged, healer since it makes it more balanced and more fun to watch and yet you are here crying about "the meta" which was invented by the community and not Riot. Riot has never said you have to play the meta in LoL. People just do it.
Pretty sure people are just arguing for the sake of arguing because they don't like hearing anything negative about their.. beloved game.

#55 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1815
  • 3v3: 2135
  • RBG: 1332
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostSalutations, on 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

last season was shit because of warriors, now its shit because of hunters and shadowpriest, this season arena participation gonna be so fucking low, you will see.
everyone stopped playing because of those godcomp/thug ... and unfortunately 5.3 will come too late

it's because you are a :hunter:, easiest class to play, best class in the game, far far superior than others

2400 ele shaman alt playing affliction LSD is actually where im having fun... also im having fun because of the people i play with enjoying the game and just being chill overall

ele is fun because i have the potential to win or cost the game with decisions i make.. as a hunter i just win or if i didnt win i just didnt do enough mongo dmg or instant cc

i've played when my classes were amazing and when they were average but when i enjoy it the most is when I'm playing with people i like not just what class they play
Posted Image

#56 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

PvP Balance doesn't matter with subscriptions
don't deceive yourselves into thinking that's even remotely a large determining factor
In fact, I would say balance isn't even that important in terms of having a large pvp playerbase. It's all about the fun factor. If the game is fun enough and people are enjoying it enough, they will get over the annoying shit. . . see bc/wotlk

Balance is important to a certain extent to make the game playable enough to be fun, but fotm has never been a new thing, and it's not now.

also: fuck Lol
dat shit is zzzzzz
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#57 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostSalutations, on 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

last season was shit because of warriors, now its shit because of hunters and shadowpriest, this season arena participation gonna be so fucking low, you will see.
everyone stopped playing because of those godcomp/thug ... and unfortunately 5.3 will come too late

I guarantee you that this is not the case. Every single season has been "shit" because of some comp or the other. Just because you personally are obsessed with crying about the current balance doesn't mean that the population in general feels the same way.

Try to have just a LITTLE objectivity. A little bit of class imbalance is not a significant factor for the large majority of people that play arena. Not being able to play alts or not being able to get meaningful rewards that they can use in other parts of the game ARE significant factors.

There will be more gladiator teams this season compared to last season. At worst approximately the same.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#58 Milchev

Milchev
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 09 May 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Don't get what you are arguing about. Yeah, LoL has a meta, and what?
Really, what? You cry that certain champs go bot or mid, how does that make the game less fun?

No one said that you have to play certain champs in certain lanes to make it more/less fun. In fact, I actually replied to Eveny's "Lol meta is boring" that you don't have to play it to win. Just because top players do it doesn't mean it's the way to go, I don't know why everyone has to be elitist all the time and do what everyone does just to get pixelated titles above their head. Use specs/champs that you enjoy, cause at the end of the day it's what you like playing, regardless of how shit/op it is. If every r1 rogue goes with Shuriken Toss for example, why should I choose it too just because they have, no fuck that I'll play with MoD. Same goes with LoL and summoner spells/builds.

I agree to what you said about all the specs though, and people think they are scums just because it's frustrating to lose to a comp where they don't even bother switching and just train something the whole game. Or double healers because you can't kill no one.

#59 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostROKMODE, on 09 May 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

don't deceive yourselves into thinking that's even remotely a large determining factor
In fact, I would say balance isn't even that important in terms of having a large pvp playerbase. It's all about the fun factor. If the game is fun enough and people are enjoying it enough, they will get over the annoying shit. . . see bc/wotlk

Balance is important to a certain extent to make the game playable enough to be fun, but fotm has never been a new thing, and it's not now.

dat shit is zzzzzz

Agreed.
Posted Image

#60 Regent

Regent

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostROKMODE, on 09 May 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

dat shit is zzzzzz

Dying to a rogue before he even comes out of stealth =/= fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<