• Curse Sites
Help

WoW down to 8.3 million subscribers

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Vizeverza

Vizeverza

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

This is a good thread because all the people who shouldn't have posting rights anymore are all in one place.

Edited by Vizeverza, 09 May 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#22 Maalrian

Maalrian
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 960

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostMirionx, on 09 May 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

You know the most drops were in China right? And that they got some new F2P MMORPG over there which is the main reason behind the loses.
What he says is still true though =)

#23 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostEveny, on 09 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

When i lose an arena game at least i know its my teams fault and we can talk about it on skype
but when you play Lol you get placed by random idiots which can't even press 6 buttons and just starts to blame others or go afk...

the only reason why lol has more viewers then wow is because the game is just plain simple the only thing you gotta look at is how many towers there are and which team is more fed then the other team..

wow is just to complex for someone who never saw it before.
Well don't compare Solo Queue with 3v3 then. You can play ranked 5v5 teams in LoL with 4 other friends. It is a insanely huge difference compared to playing with other morons. Solo Queue is actually a big plus over WoW, why? Because in WoW you have to spend endless amounts of time to search for team members just to queue arena, not even to aim high. Many people quit the game when partners quit. That's how difficult it is sometimes but in LoL you can enjoy playing games without having to look for anyone.
On paper, you can just start playing solo with idiots. Add good players to friendlist and create a team with them later. In WoW that's just theory and barely happens. Most people play with people they know and always check your achievements.

LoL is also so much more balanced. Riot officially lets you view win ratios for champions, what does Blizzard do? Where is the old SK website from back then with its stats? Too much work for Blizzard? Many champions have a very similar ratio. It ranges from around 40%-55% which is nothing compared to the fotm of WoW.

#24 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

The meta game in lol is insanely boring aswell.
bruiser top , ap mid , jungler , supp ad bot it has been that since the beginning ( if someone gets stomped in a lane you're done for)

Thanks to blizz devs smoking different kinds of weed we atleast get different fotm comps by overnerfing and overbuffing x and y

If i had the time and motivation i'd play SCII but to be even remotely good at it it requires to much free time

Edited by Eveny, 09 May 2013 - 12:13 PM.

If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#25 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

still w8ing for an MMO that doesn't have clunky as shit gameplay

wow is such a drag to play, just because there is no other MMO out there that actually has anything close to decent pvp, i don't know why EVERY SINGLE MMO out there has the worst gameplay i have ever seen and such bad skill mechanics

i'm pretty sure people keep playing this game only because there just is no other game to play MMO style pvp in that isn't completely garbage

i wish someone would just completely clone wow and only fixate on pvp, or that blizzard after 8 years can see the light of how bad their changes are every single patch, there is ALWAYS bullshit left untouched in EVERY single patch in this game

but thats never going to happen anyway, MOBA and RTS is the new thing and people just might aswell all go play SC2/LoL/Dota cuz those games actually are fucking balanced

Edited by Conviqx, 09 May 2013 - 12:48 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#26 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostMaalrian, on 09 May 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

What he says is still true though =)

Ladders have been dead since S10

#27 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Actually arena would be a lot more fun if one could play multiple teams. Would also help people starting the game if their friends could play with them without worrying about their rating.

#28 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

bc : 50 glad spots
wotlk : 40
cata : 40
mop : 12

gg

#29 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostSalutations, on 09 May 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

pushing randomly a burst macro is very complicated to understand

So you mean to tell me if you watched a completely new MMO game, say GW 2 (actually less complex, has less abilities), which is practically the same thing as WoW, you'd understand everything even though you wouldn't know what any abilities do and even though you wouldn't be able to see half of them?

And we all know it's not just the swifty macro that happens in arena. It's more than that. And new players just don't know what every single class ability does like most experienced players do.

It's simply impossible for a non-experienced player to also pay attention to everything going around arena when you try to watch it.

View PostWildeHilde, on 09 May 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Actually arena would be a lot more fun if one could play multiple teams. Would also help people starting the game if their friends could play with them without worrying about their rating.

Yes please.

Edited by Virent, 09 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Kriminalac

Kriminalac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • RBG: 959

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostJojonephew, on 09 May 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

The thing Blizz can do right now is make wow subscription cheaper, 13 euro a month for a 7 year old game is way too much then they ll see the numbers rising again.
I support this,ppl are low with money this days also..

#31 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Don't know about PVE but finding partners that are decent in comparison to S9 and S10 is almost impossible. Basically if you don't know anyone decent on a server your on, you will be doing 1600 mmr 2s forever. Never had issues with finding teammates like now. I saw this decline started since S11. Definitely PVP is going down the drain here.

#32 Khra

Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well blizzard needs to allow cross realm arenas, multiple teams merge servers and make a large one Battlegroup because quehes are so fkn boring right now, the game is not bad i think 5.3 will be playable (hope so), the ladders are so dead and full of rogues, hunters and spriest

#33 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostSalutations, on 09 May 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

gg

the tone of your posts are usually so bitter that i feel like disagreeing even when i agree lol, but this sums the game up so well for once

#34 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

gg

Actually it was more like 80-100 glad spots in something like season 4. Oh and close to 200 in 2v2.

But you know why participation is down? Sure some of it is the terrible state of PVP, but most of the difference is actually because Blizzard actively removes PVE rewards from PVP.

Why were the ladders so big in TBC? Because PVP weapons were really fucking good in PVE, that's the most important item slot, and it was very easy to get compared to a comparable PVE weapon.

Blizzard hated people doing PVP to PVE, so they made the weapons shit and added stricter rating requirements for it.

Oh, and also ladders always shrink at the beginning of expansions, quite considerably. Why? Alts. Compared to Cata where seemingly everyone was so goddamn bored with the endgame that they leveled every class in the game to 85, there hasn't been enough time with MoP released for that to happen.

Also last season was especially bad because of the upgrades, it was literally impossible to catch up in gear before the end of the season, so why play an alt?

Again, I'm not saying that the game is in a good state or that PVP is still appealing to the same number of people, but just remember that there are other factors to the number of Gladiator spots in a season and that Blizzard has done a "great" job at forcing toons *out* of PVP on purpose.

View PostSnuggli, on 09 May 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

This is one of the only legit posts on this entire thread. I don't know the number, but a massive portion of those sub drops were from the East where there is tonnes of F2P mmos. WoW simply can't compete over there, it's nothing to do with the quality of game, just cost. Blizz won't lower their price or remove the sub button just for China because they can quite happily make a profit just off EU/US subs. Sub Numbers don't really much if you don't look at company profit.

Hell, WoW could even have less active players than GW2 and still make more money than it.

You're right, but you should know that WoW in China doesn't have a "subscription" model and never has.

They pay by the hour, the last time I checked (few years ago) it was the equivalent of ~7 cents/hour to play.

Also, Blizzard has always counted anyone who played at least one hour in the last 30 days as a subscriber in WoW East.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#35 xndr

xndr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2517
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 2347
  • RBG: 2519
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

gg

Actually you're quite wrong on the numbers - it's a lot worse. Season 3 is the earliest that AJ goes back to, but it is still over 5x more active than what you were suggesting. I'll use Cyclone as an example as it's been the most consistent that I know of
http://www.arenajunk...lator/?season=3

Season 3 - 2v2 - 250
Season 3 - 3v3 - 129

Season 5 - 2v2 - 107
Season 5 - 3v3 - 5 (???, only anomaly in the chart)

Season 9 - 146
Season 11 - 37

Title calculator stops after season 11, numbers seem fairly accurate though from what I can remember. Some interesting statistics, the game isn't 'dying', it's already dead, people just don't realise it.
Posted Image

#36 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

In S12 Cyclone had 21 spots I think.

#37 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm having more fun now with the game than i ever have.. maybe im a weirdo
Posted Image

#38 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Also last season was especially bad because of the upgrades, it was literally impossible to catch up in gear before the end of the season, so why play an alt?

last season was shit because of warriors, now its shit because of hunters and shadowpriest, this season arena participation gonna be so fucking low, you will see.
everyone stopped playing because of those godcomp/thug ... and unfortunately 5.3 will come too late

I'm having more fun now with the game than i ever have.. maybe im a weirdo

it's because you are a :hunter:, easiest class to play, best class in the game, far far superior than others

Edited by Salutations, 09 May 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#39 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostKhra, on 09 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Well blizzard needs to allow cross realm arenas, multiple teams merge servers and make a large one Battlegroup

While I like these ideas, i ask myself what a good solution for the cross bg lags could be. My melee characters already can't hit anyone without a stun/slow if i get a cross bg queue (while i play with a ping of 20). I don't think i'll want even more of that.

#40 Regent

Regent

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I wish more people would play SWTOR. The devs have no problem nerfing PvE shit to balance PvP. They have ranked battlegrounds that are actually fairly balanced (a few small changes and they would be good to go).

Convincing people to level to 55 and gear up is the hard part... Plus, so many people are still mad about how shit it was when it came out they wont give it a second chance.

If enough PvPers played SWTOR, EAware would realize that there would be money in having a fun competitive pvp scene and put all their work into it (since the leveling/casual pve stuff is already good, and any "srs pvers" play different games anyways)

View PostSalutations, on 09 May 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

last season was shit because of warriors, now its shit because of hunters and shadowpriest, this season arena participation gonna be so fucking low, you will see.
everyone stopped playing because of those godcomp/thug ... and unfortunately 5.3 will come too late

I think I gave you more rep in this thread than I have ever given you before.

Edited by Regent, 09 May 2013 - 06:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<