Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Its just a pve tuning, mages are being looked holinka said that in a tweet, also aff locks and palas. They nerfed a lot of retarded burst classes, mages probably get the nerf bat too

#42 helpx

helpx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2383
  • 3v3: 2981
  • 5v5: 2607
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

remove bombs plz :>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#43 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2507
  • 3v3: 2675
  • 5v5: 2325
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Its strange how mages get nerfs only on ptr servers. None of those nerfs ever made it out of there alive
Posted Image

#44 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

View Postsarma, on 08 May 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Its strange how mages get nerfs only on ptr servers. None of those nerfs ever made it out of there alive

Its like Hotel California...
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image

#45 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostJahmilli1, on 08 May 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

If you're going to nerf mage damage you don't nerf frosbolt lol. You nerf incanter's CD or spell power % / proc trinket (mainly relic of yulon). The only real ridiculous damage that comes from mages is because of incanters, proc trinkets, prey on the weak, and tricks of the trade.

Using Mitchjones playing with Reckful is a terrible example as well. I'm pretty sure Mitchjones is stacking full int, playing with NO PvP trinket, and spends 90% of the game next to a pillar WITH blazing speed. Not to mention if he's playing with Reckful (no offense) they are probably playing against really low rated teams who do nothing but look at health bars the entire game instead of actual buffs/posiitioning.

Next time one of you dies or takes an unreasable amount of damage unnexpectedly (mainly from rogue/mage/hunter), please take a moment to look at the buffs of the person who did it. I promise 99% of the time it happens you'll see some random ass godly PvE trinket up, or incanters stacked with on use/proc trinket.

Shouldn't be worrying about classes' damage in PVP until using PvE gear isn't viable in arena anymore.

Very good post.

#46 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Quick, lets make a thread dedicated to flaming Holinka!!!

Spoiler

#47 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

If you're going to nerf mage damage you don't nerf frosbolt lol. You nerf incanter's CD or spell power % / proc trinket (mainly relic of yulon). The only real ridiculous damage that comes from mages is because of incanters, proc trinkets, prey on the weak, and tricks of the trade.

Using Mitchjones playing with Reckful is a terrible example as well. I'm pretty sure Mitchjones is stacking full int, playing with NO PvP trinket, and spends 90% of the game next to a pillar WITH blazing speed. Not to mention if he's playing with Reckful (no offense) they are probably playing against really low rated teams who do nothing but look at health bars the entire game instead of actual buffs/posiitioning.

It's outrageous that you're defending the damage that mages are caple of pulling off if they decide to go all the way. It simply shouldn't be possible. Right now a mage can easily kill someone during a deep on their own - I'm sorry but that's fucking dumb. Killing someone should be a team effort, so in a perfect world team member A should do 50%, B 50%. If you aren't paired with another bursty class (affly lock etc), they should be able to provide additional CC to net you more time to "do his job" in the damage apartment.

This is so far from what's going on atm. Less than a handful of classes are able to go rambo and solo players on their own.

Besides, what you described is gonna be a lot more widespread next patch - PvP Power being nerfed means main stats are gonna be far more superior, which means people will gem pure int/agi/str and equip a 2/2 relic (upgrade vendors will be back for pve).

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#48 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

stop tippy toeing around with this pve gear in pvp debacle.. just make it so you literally can't even queue arena with a dungeon, raid, or faction required item on.

Edited by Smooviex, 08 May 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#49 Miluu

Miluu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

mage dmg isnt fine at all, getting killed while having 40% dmg reduction up during 1 deep+blanket cs can't be right xd I guess they should'nt change frostbolt at all just nerf ice lance by maybe 25% , frostfirebolt by 10-15% and orb dmg by 30%. :(

#50 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostMiluu, on 08 May 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

mage dmg isnt fine at all, getting killed while having 40% dmg reduction up during 1 deep+blanket cs can't be right xd I guess they should'nt change frostbolt at all just nerf ice lance by maybe 25% , frostfirebolt by 10-15% and orb dmg by 30%. :(

Meanwhile you're playing KFC with a fucking Monk.

Disgusting!

#51 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

those are pve fix

#52 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Title should say

(mage/uh/hunter nerf)

#53 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostPersephones, on 08 May 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

It's outrageous that you're defending the damage that mages are caple of pulling off if they decide to go all the way. It simply shouldn't be possible. Right now a mage can easily kill someone during a deep on their own - I'm sorry but that's fucking dumb. Killing someone should be a team effort, so in a perfect world team member A should do 50%, B 50%. If you aren't paired with another bursty class (affly lock etc), they should be able to provide additional CC to net you more time to "do his job" in the damage apartment.

This is so far from what's going on atm. Less than a handful of classes are able to go rambo and solo players on their own.

Besides, what you described is gonna be a lot more widespread next patch - PvP Power being nerfed means main stats are gonna be far more superior, which means people will gem pure int/agi/str and equip a 2/2 relic (upgrade vendors will be back for pve).
Basic reading comprehension before getting angry at what you think he said and posting an outraged reply please. He explains in what situations Mage damage is too high, all pvp procs up with incanters ward, or pve trinkets on Orc mages that don't bother to use a pvp trinket. I don't see anywhere in his post where he is defending Mage damage exactly as it is now

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#54 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

How many % of mage damage is from Frostbolts in 3v3?

#55 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

really low rated teams who do nothing but look at health bars the entire game instead of actual buffs/posiitioning.

Next time one of you dies or takes an unreasable amount of damage unnexpectedly (mainly from rogue/mage/hunter), please take a moment to look at the buffs of the person who did it. I promise 99% of the time it happens you'll see some random ass godly PvE trinket up, or incanters stacked with on use/proc trinket.

Shouldn't be worrying about classes' damage in PVP until using PvE gear isn't viable in arena anymore.
still the highlight post of the thread

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#56 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Holinka@holinka1h
@Jeff60338516 frost bolt change was primarily PvE driven. Looking at flameglow and occasional 400k burst during deep freeze
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#57 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Don't post again.

#58 Shizz

Shizz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

LOL so many cries about mages.  Yes everyone agrees mage damage is retarded at times but at least you can stop mage dmg.  If you get globaled with cd's then its your fault, i.e a mage turns red puts orb out and has veins and incnaters up then yes you will need to trinket that deep if your healer cant get it off or you are the healer or cs the fukn mage spamm cc dr's.  If your team is cross cc'd then again your fault.  The same can be said abaout other classes but how can you stop blades/dance/cloak/bomb on your sham? If he has no trinket hes pretty much dead also.  I understand they are getting nerfed too and mages will get fixed as well but with the game play now its not that bad compared to the retarded burst of thug mixed with an instand 30 secs of CC on your healer.  So comparing mages now to what is said to change in 5.3 without anything being live is just retarded and a waste of time.

#59 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Still gonna stick with what I said they always nerf the wrong spells/ability...Mages globaling people without casting you say??? NERF FROSTBOLT tbh I don't care that it was "a pve nerf" it's just making us not even want to cast it even more like lol what? They wanna fix mage nerf/remove NT/frostbomb and force us to play nothing but BC style mage play.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

nerf lance buff frostbolt decrease proc chance from NT, make pom 20sec shorter cd BUT make it unable to alter time.

mage fixed, and yeh buff coldsnap to 30% hp again and make coldsnap 30-1min longer cd

and buff waterelemental resi/hp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<