Haee
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

-What's the general consensus on Rogue's gear optimization atm? Does it vary from the comp you play like going full agi when playing thug cleave? Or does it come down to a preferential decision? I don't know too much about MoP stats,  whether they changed the way resil scales and I don't know how valuable of a stat power is. Do you feel resil is a necessity to live against certain comps? Do you notice the difference if you go out of your way to just gem agi in terms of significant damage?

-I honestly feel like resil isn't really much of a factor when I get blown to pieces in the opener agaisnt a thug cleave even when I gemmed around it and switched my spec against Thug. I probably could have played against Thug better looking back at it since they're bound to lose pressure after their cooldowns, so maybe I should have played aggressive after stampede, blades etc... If you play a Thug Cleave, give me some perspective on what teams do to win against you (specifically from a Rogue perspective). What comps do you do well against and what gives you a hard time? What do you do when a target doesn't die and didnt force much cooldowns after using offensives? What comps shut down your burst? Etc.

-Can someone explain what scales better overall when it comes down to agi vs power? Wouldn't agi win over because of Sinister's Calling?

-Is mastery our tertiary stat after agi/pvp stats (hit cap too)? Is reforging any other stat considered bad?

-A little side note but DK's as a class also feel pretty dangerous for rogues at the moment as well. Is this just me or do other rogues have a hard time living agaisnt DK pressure as well? That's not to say I think DK comps have an advantage over Rogues but just in general I feel the class is one of the few that can threaten to kill me. Should this be the case? (Yes I do check what presence the DK is using)

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Edited by Haee, 06 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#2 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Re-roll DK.

#3 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

i was going to respond briefly and to the point, then i realized in order to make it into the "Helpful Posts Week 4" I would have to type at least three paragraphs. Overcome by laziness, I tossed the idea entirely.

#4 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Unseenz, how are you dealing with all the DK's? I can't even fucking pass 2200 as stealth cleave this season. I'm about to just hop on the bandwagon and thugcleave to glad.

#5 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

dont even do 3s unless youre friends with a hunter or spriest m8

i think theres only like 1 or 2 rogues with reasonably high rated teams this season that dont run those comps

Edited by Unseenz, 06 May 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#6 insanepimpmobile

insanepimpmobile
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2419

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

rmp you better believe it

#7 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Haven't seen many RPM this season and my stealth cleave rapes RPM. We only have trouble with PHD and that's what we've been queing into all season long. I'm about to just re-roll DK and hit R1 on shadowburn and take it from Kaska...

#8 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Just play thug
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#9 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

rmpoutine to da top
Posted Image

#10 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 06 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Haven't seen many RPM this season and my stealth cleave rapes RPM. We only have trouble with PHD and that's what we've been queing into all season long. I'm about to just re-roll DK and hit R1 on shadowburn and take it from Kaska...

Dude if you go and get to 2700 and take R1 from Kaska he will just wintrade to 2701. Waste of your 25$ IMO

#11 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

why are rogues complaining about anything? wait til next patch plz
Posted Image

#12 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Really want to run ret rogue priest

#13 korzal

korzal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2441
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

the answers to your questions will change a lot in a few weeks when 5.3 hits..

- most rogues go for between 20-25% crit, then max out mastery.  that is assuming u are geared
- resil and pvp power are what u want to gem right now. the ratio of these is up to u.
- pvp power is better than agility
- 5.3 is nerfing pvp power, pvp power gems, resil gems... so i imagine agility will probably be the best thing to gem. or agility and resil

thug cleave just peel opener. peel rogue first preferably. make sure ur teammates are peeling if opener is on u

Edited by korzal, 06 May 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#14 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostHaee, on 06 May 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

What do you do when a target doesn't die and didnt force much cooldowns after using offensives?

Simple answer: Don't do that. Only use offensives if it'll at least force defensive cooldowns. If it won't, play better and line up more CC.

^This advice isn't specific to thug or vs. thug.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<