• US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

5.3 is right around the corner and rogues all around arent too happy with the changes that came our way.. While I agree that we are very strong atm, i dont agree with the direction they took with our nerfs.  I would have preferred subterfuge instead of cloak and dagger be nerfed.  Make it so rogues can be seen when subterfuge is popped so they can use targetable spells to peel instead of waiting 3 seconds for the rogue to be seen to peel.  I also think rogues came off as a lot more OP than what they actually were because of the compositions with other OP classes.  I made a post on another page talking about how out of the 18 rogues in the top 65 teams only 2 of them werent running with a shadowpriest or a hunter.   With all of the rogues partners getting nerfed on top of rogues themselves getting nerfed, i believe it will require being extremely crafty to be able to stay on top of the ladders.  These are the comps that I see rogues running next patch:

RLS: RLS will be better now that locks damage was tweaked in a good direction.  Emptying your energy pool during a shadowdance hopefully will be enough to burst 50% of a targets health while a Demonsoul cooldown is pumping.  Looking at the PTR right now since our control and mobility got nerfed, not even looking at damage, I think locks will be more inclined to play with DK's or Mages.  DK's can push out way more pressure on top of having stuns every 30 seconds.  Same thing with mages.. every 30 seconds they can do a SCARY burst.  and with rogues not being as popular locks and other casters will be a lot harder to control.

RPS: RPS will still be popular because no one wants to just toss the partners they have been playing with for the past season or two.  Now for its success on the other hand, the nerf to lifeswap makes a shamans life hell because I believe shamans have relied on that bit of assistance since they are very easy to kill in a silence>stun.  Also, shamans wont be able to rely as much on Mass dispell to get out of the CC chains that most comps can push out.    I believe RPS will be a tier beneath RLS because priests will be easy train targets, and since rogues control got nerfed, thats more up time other players will have on the priest preventing him from getting orbs, and vamp touches etc. off.   I believe that shadowpriests, if they want to continue high rated gameplay, will boot rogues for mages and take advantage of AoE roots and spammable poly to help protect both the healer and the priest.

Thug Cleave:  Hunter control is still there, it wont be as prominant as it once was but its still on a short enough cooldown to force trinkets and have multiple attempts at swaps while something is trapped.  Dance being on a 1 min CD will allow 3 solid attempts at killing a target before they get their trinket back. The opener with subterfuge is always the scariest, proc trinkets fly out and you cant tell how many CD's the rogue has popped til 3 seconds later and looking at the status of your health bar. Assuming you get your opponents trinket with a correct opener, you will have 2 more attempts with shadowdance on a 1 min cd.    I think Thug wont be great next patch because in 5.2 the reason thug is OP is because of hunters, and rogues stacking proc trinkets with engineering gloves, taking advantage of the 3000 bonus pvp power recieved from popping rapid fire. It allows for unhealable damage especially when the hunter and the rogue are CC'ing you while CD's are popped.  In 5.3 they removed the 3000 pvp power boost and then nerfed pvp power in general.  Also rogue control is shortened so on top of damage being nerfed you wont be stunned as long allowing for a quicker recovery on rogue swaps.   I think the hunters who are running thug ATM are quite fond of the tunneling the weakest target all game strategy, and after the changes to trinkets and rogues, i think they will shift their attention back to the KFC , PHD direction.

Melee Cleaves:  People are talking about how melee's got buffed and how melee cleaves will run rampant this upcoming patch.  I have never been a fan of double melee anything because the style of it isn't fun, and its so easily countered by a coordinated team that knows how to peel,  its so easy to fall behind and stay behind, I just dont see rogues, or any melee for that matter, aiming to play any melee cleave at a high rating next patch with the nerfs to pvp power.

Dancing with the Stars:   This comp is rarely seen on the ladders, and isnt in any of the top 5 across the board.  With the nerf to beam, coupled with the nerfs to rogues, the gimmicky beam bomb will be non existant next patch.  I think druids will be more inclined to try out LSD again now that they are tuning the game further away from burst comps, boomkins might be able to shine with rot comps.

Rogue/Mage/x:  I think rogues will be looking for more mage partners next patch.. With no seen nerfs to mages at all, rogues will need that extra assistance in the burst window that the mages can put out.    Convincing mages to not play with a lock or a shadowpriest will be hard though since MLS and Shatterplay is overall an easier comp to be successful at.

In my opinion, popular rogues who have established themselves as a good player will be able to find teams as they always have been, but players who are trying to be up and coming, or just trying to play a new class are going to have a very hard time finding partners to play with next patch.  Also, the rogues that do find partners or already have partners, I believe, are going to feel overwhelmed by most comps and will be fighting a very uphill battle unless newer changes to rogues are made.

Edited by KPul, 05 May 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

edit: oops

Edited by KPul, 05 May 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 akaishuichi

akaishuichi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1713
  • 3v3: 2386
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

true story bruv !
no limits !!

#4 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

very intelligently worded post, rep

#5 Apsco60

Apsco60
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Your big brother "Feral" called. He's taking your job.

#6 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostApsco60, on 06 May 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Your big brother "insert class here" called. He's taking your job.

#7 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Agreed with most of what you wrote.

Mage/rogue always feels weird, as either Deep Freeze or Prey on the Weak can be active and so the burst is lower for one of the classes unless you double stun the frost bomb detonation for Shatter+Tricks+Prey on the Weak. Mages and rogues have so much on DR that I'm unsure if the synergy will be good enough. Also mages have way more attractive comps than those with rogues.

Essentially rogues need partners with high on demand burst. Maybe some abomination like Ret/Rogue/Enhancer.

#8 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 06 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Agreed with most of what you wrote.

Mage/rogue always feels weird, as either Deep Freeze or Prey on the Weak can be active and so the burst is lower for one of the classes unless you double stun the frost bomb detonation for Shatter+Tricks+Prey on the Weak. Mages and rogues have so much on DR that I'm unsure if the synergy will be good enough. Also mages have way more attractive comps than those with rogues.

Essentially rogues need partners with high on demand burst. Maybe some abomination like Ret/Rogue/Enhancer.
pretty sure most rmps go with cheap shot on kill target and deep freeze on healer -> fear.

#9 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

IMO Thug will be fine next patch as long as the Hunter plays Marks and learns how to use binding shot.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#10 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 06 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

IMO Thug will be fine next patch as long as the Hunter plays Marks and learns how to use binding shot.
It will be just no reason to play with a rogue over an enhance and thug will be noticeably weaker.

#11 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

View Postmimmick, on 07 May 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

It will be just no reason to play with a rogue over an enhance and thug will be noticeably weaker.

Lol, if you mean beast cleave will be stronger than thug cleave you're probably right. Otherwise that is a ridiculous claim.

#12 Deyzx

Deyzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

playing with another melee is so boring and so is playing with hunters

#13 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 07 May 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Lol, if you mean beast cleave will be stronger than thug cleave you're probably right. Otherwise that is a ridiculous claim.
Yeah beast cleave > thug next patch is what i was saying and that thugcleave 5.3 compared to right now will be weaker.

#14 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1767
  • 3v3: 2098
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

View Postmimmick, on 07 May 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Yeah beast cleave > thug next patch is what i was saying and that thugcleave 5.3 compared to right now will be weaker.

Blizzard agrees!

Beast Cleave now deals 75% of the original damage, up from 50%

Edited by Raphner, 07 May 2013 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image

#15 ripprape93

ripprape93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

rogues r fine k

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.3 Rogue