Help

Low Health Clutch Moments (healer POV)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 argents

argents
  • Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hi all, long time AJ reader. I'd love to get your advice on how to handle those clutch moments when your team mate is about to drop.

I generally call for my DPS to use defensive cd's and I'm not sure if it's the way to go, or is it?

I do my best to communicate my status (cc etc) and then coordinate my teams defensive cd's accordingly.

This seems to work well in most cases, however, sometimes it's very hard to predict incoming damage or the opposing team will make a hard switch dropping someone to 20% really fast.

It's here where everything seems to fall apart and and someone dies, but the thing is, my team mate's defensive cd's are still up as they were waiting for me to call it for them.

Is that the healers responsibility? If i dont call it and he dies its my fault?

#2 Reeceofcx

Reeceofcx
  • Junkies

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

u shouldnt tell him when to use his defensives, but when you might not be able to keep him up; in this case he should use his defensives. :P (imo)

Edited by Reeceofcx, 03 May 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#3 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well its his fault if he does nothing and just dies, but there needs to be communication. It's all a game of you learning to play with each other and learning when you/they will be fine. Alto if you have said that he shouldn't use anything before you say so it will be you fault i guess (since he/she will be relying on you keeping them up :P)
Posted Image

#4 argents

argents
  • Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

thanks for advice :) I will work with them and find a way to cope with those situations.

#5 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think every team works differently... but as a dps I find it tremendously helpful when my healer tells me I need to go defensive because he is in CC.  I can then chose how to go defensive, whether it's getting out of LOS/kiting/shield wall/DBTS.

I do feel the ideal situation is for the healer to call defensive CD's that way you aren't going to use 2 defensive CD's from the team at once.  Having said that the DPS should know when he's in trouble and be asking do u want me to pop a defensive.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#6 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

You should also make sure to know in advance what cooldowns your team is going to use when they next take big damage.  Communicate to your team something like "You trinket the next deep freeze so I can save my trinket", or "I'm going to use Spirit Link before the next trap, don't use anything else".

#7 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostSynkz, on 03 May 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

You should also make sure to know in advance what cooldowns your team is going to use when they next take big damage.  Communicate to your team something like "You trinket the next deep freeze so I can save my trinket", or "I'm going to use Spirit Link before the next trap, don't use anything else".

Ye this , it just comes down to what the others have said to communication
Posted Image

#8 argents

argents
  • Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostSynkz, on 03 May 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

This is EXTREMELY helpful...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<