It also wouldn't be nearly enough to fix the class. While bandaids like this might be nice for a few weeks/months, I think the class needs WAY more thought out tweaks. Why go back to something we had 4+ years ago? Why not come up with something completely new, make the class actually feel less outdated? There are a lot of things about rogues atm that prevents us from getting big buffs. For example if rogues right now had feral mobility we'd be insanely broken, even with the pitiful damage we do outside of CDs.
I think blizzard just kind of backed themselves into a corner by making casters not have to cast (or move while casting) while at the same time not giving all melees ways to keep 90%+ dps uptime (some have this already, for example ferals, and to a slightly lesser degree ww monks.) Shadowpriests are an exception to this and is IMO fairly well designed (they also have their problems, but it's one of the few casters where positioning actually matters still.) This is a problem blizz has already acknowledged and they will probably work towards fixing this in the next expansion, but until then I believe a fairly big rework of the rogue class is needed.
List of fairly easy tweaks to make that in no way would make the class broken (assuming the evisc tweak is implemented properly):
1) Remove or make smoke bomb way less powerful (maybe just make it a defensive cd, where only heals and defensive spells (bop/ironbark/PS etc) can be targeted into it but not damaging spells. Up the DR to 40%ish) to start with.
2) Balance eviscerate around a higher crit chance (like ferocious bite, but with some rogue-ish mechanic) so that 2 crit evisc in a row doesn't almost instagib people.
2.1) but in return for the evisc tweak above; HEAVILY buff rogue sustained damage in some way, what way doesn't really matter as much.
3) Remove positional requirement on (back)stab/ambush, we aren't ferals that can effortlessly be in the back of people at all times (and hell, ferals still do close to full damage even from the front) - no need at all to keep this relic of a game mechanic in a game that is already so influenced by latency.
4) Remove the need for having rupture up on targets, sang vein on hemo is an easy fix. Will open up more dynamic play in regards to combo points spent on finishers.
5) Remove feint, bake a version of it into recuperate (which we will be able to use with the above fix to sang vein)
6) ShS baseline with 15-18 sec CD, breaks roots. (NOT on prep, we don't need more "readiness mashing in first 10 secs of a game"-stupidity - <rant>speaking of that, why the FUCK is rapid fire/all ccs still on readiness? </rant>)
7) Sprint 30-45 sec cd, doesn't breaks roots but makes you immune to roots and snares for 3-6 sec duration (adds some skill, you can use shs to break roots, but not sprint which you have to preempt - might be a slightly complicated/unintuitive skill, but I think it'd be fine)
I could go on and list a lot of other minor tweaks aswell but these are the big ones IMO. This is obviously only 1 of hundreds of viable ways to fix rogues, but this is how I'd like the class to be at least.
Edited by hid, 28 May 2013 - 05:53 AM.