• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Only thing that ever needed nerf is burst, specifically eviscerate
No one would even care that you cant DIRECTLY peel rogue for 3 seconds (although obviously almost any class can peel indirectly).
Lets not forget that subterfuge is great survivability talent which isnt something rogues can spare and it feels very rogueish and not some passive mitigation warrior-like sht.

As for c&d at the current state of the game it doesnt even feel that OP. I mean its possibly too strong on openers but i wouldnt like to drop it while dancing because, well, dance is the only thing that is scary about rogues atm and its not too hard to peel / use sht during those 6 seconds so cnd helping in that department.

I mean, obviously it feels hard because rogues do stupid amount of damage even through defensive cds, but thats not the fault of cnd or subterfuge. Its like... if rogue is lucky he can literally double evis through cds for like 80% of your hp and in this topic people go "ye, prolly subterfuge and cnd are stupid and too op". Ye, sure, its all subterfuge's fault ><

Edited by Lieto, 11 May 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Shadowmelding since 2007.

#222 lysolabuser

lysolabuser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1626
  • 3v3: 288
  • LocationWeston, FL

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostLieto, on 11 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

No one would even care that you cant DIRECTLY peel rogue for 3 seconds (although obviously almost any class can peel indirectly).
Lets not forget that subterfuge is great survivability talent which isnt something rogues can spare and it feels very rogueish and not some passive mitigation warrior-like sht.

As for c&d at the current state of the game it doesnt even feel that OP. I mean its possibly too strong on openers but i wouldnt like to drop it while dancing because, well, dance is the only thing that is scary about rogues atm and its not to hard to peel / use sht during those 6 seconds so cnd helping in that department.
Exactly.... any good team will peel the rogues dance, or mage will blink or lock will tele, etc... the whole thing about stunning the whole enemy team... ok great lets say that someone does that in arena, theyre dance will be completely fucked because they will only proly be able to get 1 ambush in by the time it ends due to energy starvation...

#223 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yes lets keep pretending that Bieng invisible while attacking is a good mechanic because you think you need survivability an it feels roguish. Why do people advocate for keeping dumb things in the game instead of addressing them so you can get actual fixes where your class has a weakness.

#224 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yes lets keep pretending that Bieng invisible while attacking is a good mechanic because you think you need survivability an it feels roguish.
do you have any arguments against it besides "woah its not fun he attackz me no see him"?
Does it makes you die or you cant counter it or... what exactly makes it bad?

#225 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Can't see what cd's they pop for 3 seconds which could be half your hp or more, can't use targetable peels (not everyone has aoe cc) oh and It's fun dieing to invisible targets because you can't karma them(that one is bias).

#226 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Can't see what cd's they pop for 3 seconds
- seems valid, although educative guess is what makes or breaks games. I dont know when mage will pom poly my healer but i can see that its off cd / dr and guess when he would be in position to do it. As for the rogues — first 2 cds are most likely stun and bleed so you are only really not seeing his cds for a second.
p.s. doesnt gladiatorlsa announce it anyway?

can't use targetable peels (not everyone has aoe cc)
- Name me a class that doesnt have aoe cc / peel (RoP is one btw). Only dk comes to mind, but its not like you cant peel as a team.

It's fun dieing to invisible targets
- Its fun to get aoe disarmed. Thats not even an argument.

Edited by Lieto, 11 May 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#227 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostLieto, on 11 May 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Can't see what cd's they pop for 3 seconds
- seems valid, although educative guess is what makes or breaks games. I dont know when mage will pom poly my healer but i can see that its off cd / dr and guess when he would be in position to do it. As for the rogues — first 2 cds are most likely stun and bleed so you are only really not seeing his cds for a second.
p.s. doesnt gladiatorlsa announce it anyway?

can't use targetable peels (not everyone has aoe cc)
- Name me a class that doesnt have aoe cc / peel (RoP is one btw)

It's fun dieing to invisible targets
- Its fun to get aoe disarmed. Thats not even an argument.
I advocate for rop to get removed a long with subter and plenty of other dumb mechanics i'm not just hating on rogues. Not every class can afford to take an "educated guess" and just randomly pop defensives and you want one class without aoe cc, i give you rogue -_-

edit- that shot at rop is exactly what I think is wrong with most people's mentalities btw, people trying to justify stupid things with other stupid things

Edited by augiddin, 11 May 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#228 Aniroxlol

Aniroxlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1858
  • 3v3: 2007
  • RBG: 1923

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Dumb nerf, cloak and dagger isnt even what people were complaining about, take out subterfuge for all the crybabys and leave cloak and dagger alone.

#229 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Time to give up i guess. Why argue about things like cnd and subfuge when real problem is 150k+ evises... thats beyond me.

I play with quite a few classes and i value that they dont feel exactly the same, so ye, not really a fan of removing things just because its new and looks scary. Doing 300k in 2 seconds, THAT is scary and is the only thing that should be judged imho not the random bells and whistles. People are not getting killed with thunder its the lightning that kills.

Edited by Lieto, 11 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#230 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

yes because rogues won't feel like rogues without an ability they had all of two patches.

#231 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostLieto, on 11 May 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Time to give up i guess. Why argue about things like cnd and subfuge when real problem is 150k+ evises... thats beyond me.

I play with quite a few classes and i value that they dont feel exactly the same, so ye, not really a fan of removing things just because its new and looks scary. Doing 300k in 2 seconds, THAT is scary and is the only thing that should be judged imho not the random bells and whistles. People are not getting killed with thunder its the lightning that kills.
You will not hit over 100k evis in 5.3 lol so burst on evis is not the issue. You should be more worried about mobility than anything next patch.

#232 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Bludz told me yesterday that he still prefers playing with rogues over other classes after testing 5.3 on PTR. So there is hope.

#233 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Why didn't they make Subterfuge different - for example, once you use an ability it takes you out of stealth. The only use of it will be not get knocked out of stealth instantly , giving you  time to open?
Anyway, i guess CnD was also an option (afterall it came this patch - rogues were still decent previous seasons without it). But with it they made burst overall lower and nerfed Find weakness(can't recall other nerfs atm).
If they want to keep it like this i guess they could buff a bit Shadow step to be able to use it while rooted( guess making it remove root would be bit too strong). They should add it bk to prep aswell.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#234 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 12 May 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Why didn't they make Subterfuge different - for example, once you use an ability it takes you out of stealth. The only use of it will be not get knocked out of stealth instantly , giving you  time to open?
Anyway, i guess CnD was also an option (afterall it came this patch - rogues were still decent previous seasons without it). But with it they made burst overall lower and nerfed Find weakness(can't recall other nerfs atm).
If they want to keep it like this i guess they could buff a bit Shadow step to be able to use it while rooted( guess making it remove root would be bit too strong). They should add it bk to prep aswell.
Make step usable while rooted put it on prep and give hit and run rogues fixed.

#235 Malladon

Malladon
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1781

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostLieto, on 11 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

As for c&d at the current state of the game it doesnt even feel that OP. I mean its possibly too strong on openers but i wouldnt like to drop it while dancing because, well, dance is the only thing that is scary about rogues atm and its not too hard to peel / use sht during those 6 seconds so cnd helping in that department.

I mean, obviously it feels hard because rogues do stupid amount of damage even through defensive cds, but thats not the fault of cnd or subterfuge. Its like... if rogue is lucky he can literally double evis through cds for like 80% of your hp and in this topic people go "ye, prolly subterfuge and cnd are stupid and too op". Ye, sure, its all subterfuge's fault ><

honestly? touche, sir

#236 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postaugiddin, on 11 May 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

edit- that shot at rop is exactly what I think is wrong with most people's mentalities btw, people trying to justify stupid things with other stupid things

Not to mention that RoP is getting nerfed to shit already in 5.3.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#237 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 13 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Not to mention that RoP is getting nerfed to shit already in 5.3.
45 second CD aoe disarm silence how is that shit?

Edited by mimmick, 13 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#238 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 12 May 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Bludz told me yesterday that he still prefers playing with rogues over other classes after testing 5.3 on PTR. So there is hope.
yes every rogue will play with bludz now

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#239 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postlysolabuser, on 11 May 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Exactly.... any good team will peel the rogues dance, or mage will blink or lock will tele, etc... the whole thing about stunning the whole enemy team... ok great lets say that someone does that in arena, theyre dance will be completely fucked because they will only proly be able to get 1 ambush in by the time it ends due to energy starvation...

yes but you just traded a 1 min cd for 2+ min offensive cds while your healer can save his cds/trinkets

really awful tradeoff huh

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#240 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postmimmick, on 13 May 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

45 second CD aoe disarm silence how is that shit?

A 3 second disarm that DRs with his other disarm and itself is a LOT worse than an 8 second pacify with no DR on the silence or disarm.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<