Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Cloak and Dagger no longer works during Shadow Dance


  • Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#1 Bigpapapump

Bigpapapump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 58
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

Was messing around on PTR and apparently with the new update (5/2) they just put in, cloak and dagger no longer works during shd, just stealth - unless my UIs been buggy, fun times inc 5.3. Not sure if this is intended or not, but woo..

Edited by Bigpapapump, 03 May 2013 - 01:42 AM.


#2 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 239
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

#hope

2 words long etc.

#3 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 597
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1470
  • 3v3: 2151
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Good change, 4s cheap shot on every target on enemy team was never a good idea.

Edited by Filthpig, 03 May 2013 - 02:01 AM.


#4 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 117
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

It was abit retarded yes. Start dance, cheap shot yourself instantly across the entire map on the 2 dps before you instantly cheapshot yourself towards the healer so the 2 dps are helpless out there for further cc's while your having fun soloing a healer, fun times indeed.
Posted Image

#5 Bigpapapump

Bigpapapump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 58
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Well these changes effectively destroyed the rogue's burst while not changing their already horrid sustained damage. S12 2.0 for rogues it looks like if these changes all go live.

#6 Pigboy

Pigboy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 33
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2199
  • 3v3: 2239
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

Shadowstep might sound more appealing if that is true.

#7 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 1545
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostPigboy, on 03 May 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

Shadowstep might sound more appealing if that is true.

I think blizzard wants it that way
Posted Image

#8 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 117
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostBigpapapump, on 03 May 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

Well these changes effectively destroyed the rogue's burst while not changing their already horrid sustained damage. S12 2.0 for rogues it looks like if these changes all go live.

I think it's good they nerf it to the point where you won't be able to randomly solo someone with a cloak and dance. Prefer see 2 dps classes working together with bringing someone down.

Also means mages needs to be looked at but yea, dont want to bring up old cows.

Edited by Flabbert, 03 May 2013 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Bigpapapump

Bigpapapump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 58
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostFlabbert, on 03 May 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

I think it's good they nerf it to the point where you won't be able to randomly solo someone with a cloak and dance. Prefer see 2 dps classes working together with bringing someone down.
Except with no gap closer on shd you will seldom get any damage out, and idc if they want to nerf the burst thats fine, fix the sustained damage not doing anything but tickling someone outside of CDs.

#10 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 117
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostBigpapapump, on 03 May 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Except with no gap closer on shd you will seldom get any damage out, and idc if they want to nerf the burst thats fine, fix the sustained damage not doing anything but tickling someone outside of CDs.

Shadow dance only lasts 8 seconds. You can stunlock someone effectively for atleast 6 seconds wich means your target can't move so you dont need gap closers during that time. By the time your target is able to move again your dance is expired and your CnD should be working again.
Posted Image

#11 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 64
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2081
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

From when cloak and dagger was introduced the design intent was obviously just to save the noobs from having to macro shs into their opener, the whole subterfuge/dance porting across the map they probably never forsaw but let it go live. Making the active>passive is a good change in general and needs to happen more.

#12 Dragomir

Dragomir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 98
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/0/0/.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostFlabbert, on 03 May 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

By the time your target is able to move again your dance is expired and your CnD should be working again.

View PostFlabbert, on 03 May 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

your CnD should be working again.

You know that CnD only works while stealthed, right?  So unless we blew vanish or ran away for a restealth, CnD is, in fact, not working again after dance ends.

#13 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 117
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostDragomir, on 03 May 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

You know that CnD only works while stealthed, right?  So unless we blew vanish or ran away for a restealth, CnD is, in fact, not working again after dance ends.

Than wats the problem? beside not being able to port arround the entire arena map before you finally land on there healer? And it still makes subterfuge pretty retarded.
Posted Image

#14 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 155
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2610
  • RBG: 2128

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

why does everybody here have no clue bout rogues?

when you cheapshot the whole team, u have no energy left and can't solo a healer at all.

people write so much bullshit when they have absolutely no knowledge about the class.

and no, I don't play a rogue and I don't want to defend rogues, they are overpowered but soloing a healer while cc'ing the whole team with cheapshot is bullshit

#15 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 117
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

I've accumulated too much hate the last couple of weeks that im biased as fuck
Posted Image

#16 Dragomir

Dragomir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 98
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/0/0/.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

View PostIsumi, on 03 May 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

why does everybody here have no clue bout rogues?

when you cheapshot the whole team, u have no energy left and can't solo a healer at all.

people write so much bullshit when they have absolutely no knowledge about the class.

and no, I don't play a rogue and I don't want to defend rogues, they are overpowered but soloing a healer while cc'ing the whole team with cheapshot is bullshit

Nah they're spot on, it's a solid strat to blow 120 energy cheap shotting 3 people.  We can easily solo a healer with all that energy we have left (let alone that it's not enough to ambush even a single time).

Edited by Dragomir, 03 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.


#17 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 383
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Rogues should only be able to auto attack and backstab Op class

#18 Daawarlock

Daawarlock
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 141
  • Talents:
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostDragomir, on 03 May 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

We can easily solo a healer with all that energy we have left (let alone that it's not enough to ambush even a single time).
Noob, keep SnD up!
(>'_')># I was going to give you this waffle.
#<('_'<) But then I was like.
(>'#'<) I'm hungry.
(>'-'<) So I ate it.

#19 Dragomir

Dragomir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 98
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/0/0/.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Okay one ambush and a hemo, I lied. :(

#20 PedroMiguel

PedroMiguel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 12
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1804

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

View PostBigpapapump, on 03 May 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

Well these changes effectively destroyed the rogue's burst while not changing their already horrid sustained damage. S12 2.0 for rogues it looks like if these changes all go live.

YAH SURE, what is rogue normal burst to you? Cheap shot an entire team and 20 garrotes+kidney+20 cheapshots and kill the healer? NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<