• Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hey guys,

I've noticed that most of the top WW monks are reforging and gearing completely different. Does anyone actually have some proper answers and/or reasoning to which reforge fills which purpose?

My basic understanding is this: Mastery for more burst, crit for more pressure, haste for pve and expertise if you hate being parried?

I know Mastery has become really popular since the last patch, but it's pretty rare outside 2s that I'll either live long enough or the other team will live long enough to see a 10 stack get used properly. The increase in damage is only for the short time that TeB is up (15s) and I feel like reforging full into mastery means you're worse off in almost every situation except when you get a free shot at bursting with 10 stacks, which normally means you would've got a kill anyway?

Also, is there a reason for some monks going over 6% expertise? Dominozx on 6.3 and this guy is sitting on 10%. Is it just sloppy reforging?

I'm guessing the ideal reforge depends on what comp you're playing. What would be the recommendation for the following comps:

Monk / DK / Healer
Monk / Hunter / Healer
Monk / Spriest / Healer

(I'm guessing crit/crit/mastery?)

Cheers for any input.

Edited by Snuggli, 02 May 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#2 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

crit > mastery > haste

You basically have to string along crits to kill anything right now. TEB has a relatively low uptime, so mastery isn't as potent. Haste is definitely the worst because energy issues aren't as much of a thing in pvp. Dominoz is probably at 6.3 just because of reforging issues. You can go above 6% to try and reduce parry/dodge on things like DKs, but I think the general consensus is that it's a waste of stats to reforge for expertise after 6% over the other dps stats.

#3 Klyftigt

Klyftigt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationMalmö, Sweden

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Crit>Mastery>Haste with 6% expertise, missing that rising sunkick ms can really fuk you up. Crit is just best for overall pressure, since we can get a decent amount of crit if we stack it (+ 30%). Mastery and Haste are both pretty bad stats tbh, since Tiger brew takes a really long time to stack and Haste for extra energy regen isnt even needed.

#4 Eleney

Eleney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1996

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

From my experience with both mastery and critt builds i feel alot better preasure running crit build. Add to that alot more random RSK critt kills..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monk, reforge, stat, priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<