• Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

The fact that a hunter started this thread makes it null and void. Youve been fapping on mages faces for seasons on in and ur sad because the only way a mage can land a kill is in a 6 to 8 sec burst window.. lol   as soon as a heal hits or a bubble is up[ all of our damage is one. QQ more hunter scum

#82 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostHektiik, on 02 May 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Coil is not an integral part of warlock, whether they take coil fury or howl, their class functions the same and the spells are used inherent to the comp they are playing or the team they are facing.  Warlocks damage works nothing like a mage, their class is not designed around a single mechanic such as shatter.

For a long time, mages purely just shattered off of novas.  Deep freeze was added as a second way to shatter which was a bit more reliable, as people were able to get out of roots more often, and the mage had the option of using deep to cc if necessary as well.  Shattering off novas took arguably a lot more skill though, since if you used your frost nova or pet nova offensively to shatter, then you wouldn't be able to use them defensively to peel for your partner or yourself.

Warlocks on the other hand for the longest time were all about being a tanky type of caster that needed help with peels at times, but could always do a decent amount of cc and damage while being trained.  They never were about burst damage like mages though, until chaos bolt + conflag started doing retarded numbers.  The problem is, you could argue that both howl and coil, which were available to an affliction warlock, were an integral part of the class.  Having that aoe fear to peel melee and get a couple casts off, with the deathcoil as well for the same purpose or to cc the healer, was a crucial part of relieving pressure on the warlock or generating more offensive pressure.  Otherwise the warlock could just be trained into the ground and not really accomplish a whole lot with just the 3 dots at his disposal (siphon life, corruption, curse of agony).  When 5.0 hit, affliction warlocks lost both howl and coil, and had the choice between those and shadowfury.

In short, deathcoil and howl of terror are both just as integral to a warlock's playstyle as deep freeze is to a mage.  Just because warlocks don't shatter off of those abilities doesn't mean they aren't just as important.

#83 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

i cant believe this thread hasn't been deleted.  gj mods.

#84 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostTundaplz, on 02 May 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Actually... he's streaming right now, without powershot... looks like nothing was changed... still shitting on people.

I haven't wacthed him since the nerf. I can bet you that the mmr he plasy at has dropped he was at 1500s before the nerf I would hope anyone who is a rank1 player or multi glad can farm people in the 1100s to1400s especially having the best gear vs people that are majority of the time under geared and not as good at the game for a multiple of reasons. You fight alot of people just trying to get cap at that rating. He will and did lose to teams that had legit 2s compositions and have played arena for a while.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#85 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostChristymarie, on 02 May 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

The fact that a hunter started this thread makes it null and void. Youve been fapping on mages faces for seasons on in and ur sad because the only way a mage can land a kill is in a 6 to 8 sec burst window.. lol   as soon as a heal hits or a bubble is up[ all of our damage is one. QQ more hunter scum

So by that logic when a warrior starts to shit or has shit on mages at anytime it will be fine then cause of the hard counter the class has been to it since the start of wow?
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#86 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

It is now inevitable - mages will be nerfed. History lesson:

5.0 & 5.1 : People ask for warrior nerfs - warriors get burned in 5.2
5.2: People ask for sp nerfs - sps get nerfed in 5.3
5.2: After sp nerfs are established, people move to hunters - hunters are nerfed in 5.3

Guess who's next

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#87 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

What a disgusting thread. The dude literally says "I agree with you guys that Hunters are currently very strong/OP, and I think the nerfs coming in 5.3 are needed - though I would have nerfed something else about the class" and you spend 5 pages insulting his icon and ignoring the topic anyway.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#88 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 02 May 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

What a disgusting thread. The dude literally says "I agree with you guys that Hunters are currently very strong/OP, and I think the nerfs coming in 5.3 are needed - though I would have nerfed something else about the class" and you spend 5 pages insulting his icon and ignoring the topic anyway.

THIS IS ARENA JUNKIES.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#89 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2184
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

So a hunterplayer gets 4 sec off his cc duration and all the sudden mages are the overlords of wizzards??

Boy, that escalated quickly.

#90 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

anyone who thinks mages are fine needs a brain scan

#91 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostWelgard, on 02 May 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

For a long time, mages purely just shattered off of novas.
By 'for a long time' you mean only level 60, right?  So like... 6 1/2 years ago?

#92 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 02 May 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

So funny to see how people react  - when they see hunter(or any other class tbf) nerfs they are like "hell yeah, you deserve it so much!Hope they delete your class!" and "omg stop defending your retarded class - face the fact it is OP". Yet once someone calls their class stupid as fk they instantly disagree and start defending it even though it is quite OP.

Yeah, it's called reacting to hypocrisy.  You don't make a fucking 50 line QQ post when you play the most broken spec in the game yourself. If you are such an advocate for balance of classes and arena balance, why do you play bm hunter  in first place(you probably made your arena highest achievement with it.)
And some other hunter gets shocked when this gets pointed out. You just faceroll quietly and not bitch about stuff that your comps already rape %99 of the time.

Edited by Djandawg, 02 May 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#93 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postaffix, on 02 May 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

By 'for a long time' you mean only level 60, right?  So like... 6 1/2 years ago?

And 70?  Or when deep first came out, and you had to nova them first, but most of your shatters were off of novas because of deep's cd.  Then eventually you could only deep them if they weren't nova'd if you had FoF up.  Now it's just massive pressure every 30 seconds, with zero setup for deeping them, but some setup for frontloading damage (frost bomb, incanter's, etc.)

Personally I'd rather see more hardcasting and less instant crap, but they would have to change the whole system to do that.

#94 Apsco60

Apsco60
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 02 May 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

[/size]
Yeah, it's called reacting to hypocrisy.  You don't make a fucking 50 line QQ post when you play the most broken spec in the game yourself. If you are such an advocate for balance of classes and arena balance, why do you play bm hunter  in first place(you probably made your arena highest achievement with it.)
And some other hunter gets shocked when this gets pointed out. You just faceroll quietly and not bitch about stuff that your comps already rape %99 of the time.

Playing hunter since bc and all of a sudden i'm a bad guy? Granted i only pvpd s11/12.

#95 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hunters are op therefore this thread is stupid and mages are fine #logic

#96 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

[/size]

He clearly stated how he felt hunters needed some reworking adn it wasn't a qq thread about hunters then he goes on to talk about how mages need changes as well they are the only ones who have fell under the holinka radar so to speak. If you think mages are fine I have some bad new for you.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#97 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostHektiik, on 02 May 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

TLDR

@affx, don't speak truth to retards they're incapable of reconciling the difference between what they wish was true and what they wish to avoid learning is true.

ok bro if you want to not have any intelligent conversation and give up what ever mang.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#98 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

[/size]
I'm playing MM - i made maybe total of 10 games as BM whole MoP. MM is completely fine - only hard part in playing MM is finding partners who wouldn't mind it.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#99 Leeston

Leeston
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

They really should just remove mage bombs, replace that spot in the talent tree with something else.  Remove incanter's ward and that whole section of the talent tree and replace it with something else.  The mage level 90 talents are not in any way interesting at all, are annoying to use, and causing burst problems.

People complain about mage instant damage, but you have to remember how much the game has changed.  Instant damage is the norm now.  In order to go back to casted damage, they would have to remove tons of crowd control, gap closers, and some interrupts.  It would be a huge change for the game mid expansion and they've said it's something they most likely won't do in the middle of a patch cycle.

#100 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostHektiik, on 02 May 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

@affx, don't speak truth to retards they're incapable of reconciling the difference between what they wish was true and what they wish to avoid learning is true.

That is what we call an ad hominem - attacking the person rather than their argument.  I stand by my earlier statement, that howl and deathcoil were just as integral to warlocks as deep freeze is to mages.  It's just a different playstyle and accomplishes pressure through a different method, by cc'ing people to open up opportunities to be able to do damage and cc others or add more pressure while coiling the healer, rather than just getting extra damage on the frozen target you're essentially cc'ing.

I would recommend refuting people's arguments, picking it apart point by point, and explaining why you disagree, rather than just running around calling people retards.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mages, hunters, all, other, classes, mongo, mad, nerf, buff, 5.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<