#21 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Can someone tell this retard BM hunter that his class does exact same things he wrote complaint paragraphs about? At least some mage stuff are dispellable, interruptable, lossable and the mage does his own damage. Sure mages need huge nerfs,, right after the hunter abomination that we have been enduring since the start of the mop.

They nerf shadowpriests heavily, buff melee on 5.3 and he concludes & makes a thread about Mage overlords of 5.3 lol.

Edited by Djandawg, 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#22 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

So funny to see how people react  - when they see hunter(or any other class tbf) nerfs they are like "hell yeah, you deserve it so much!Hope they delete your class!" and "omg stop defending your retarded class - face the fact it is OP". Yet once someone calls their class stupid as fk they instantly disagree and start defending it even though it is quite OP.

And about mages - whenver i see somenoe facing a mage with NT all i see is they PoM poly the healer but ofc it fails everytime since they have NT everywhere breaking everything and when they realise they fked up they blanket healer and spam crits ontop of their target and eventually land a kill.
it is just stupid how they don't even need their "so hard to land cuz of LoS and interrupt"poly but yet have the ability to kill someone in blanket/deep and spam damage which is all instant(cc and dmg).
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#23 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 02 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

completely remove the frost bomb / nether tempest / living bomb tier from the mage class, boom class fixed in pvp

this completely...mage bombs effectively ruined the class and the playstyle.

the mana thing will never change, they stated they want dps to have infinite resources i guess.

Incanters ward, while crazy, is just an added bonus to the problem.  you can easily solo someone without even having incanters ward.

As I said in the mage forum, the best thing to do would be to take bombs out, put brain freeze back on frostbolt cast, and take FoF off pet nova like it used to be in wrath.  They need to put the spec abilities back in their specs, Deep freeze for frost only, PoM for arcane only.   Would be a lot better class, especially if interrupts were toned down, or if damage were nerfed enough that you could possibly cast with some people hitting you if you juked the interrupts.  

However, none of that is going to happen, who knows how they will stop the one shots.

#24 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Make a separate thread for bitching about hunters, we're bitching about mages in here.

Mages are way too strong right now.  They actually have it all, great defense, absurd damage, R1 mobility, and outstanding control over the other team through novas, sheeps, stuns, slows, and ranged interrupt/silence.

#25 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

the most disgusting thing about mages is, u can glyph that splitting lances shit (srsly wtf), tab spam nether tempest and spend all your globals on dmg spam without even having to care for landing a polly cuz your dots can break it anyway and you're to busy spamming retard dmg thats barely healable

or u spec bomb, doesn't matter if u use feint or any defensive on the deep, you'll still drop from 100-20% from the mage alone

Edited by Conviqx, 02 May 2013 - 11:43 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#26 Mbgz

Mbgz
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2097

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

mages just needs a big fat damage nerf.

nerf incanters to 10%(or remove) and remove mage bombs.

then we can discuss after a month how mages are doing.

try it.

#27 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

am i the only one that likes fighting frost mages? :D

the only class i dont have fun against is a hunter

Edited by Poobandit, 02 May 2013 - 11:57 AM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#28 Maalrian

Maalrian
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 960

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 02 May 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

am i the only one that likes fighting frost mages? :D

the only class i dont have fun against is a hunter
I like fighting against frostmages too ;D;D at least I get to control my character more often than if I play against a hunter =)

#29 Mbgz

Mbgz
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2097

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

i also like playing against mages more than hunters, but then you sometimes just die 100-0 in a deep to the mage alone.

#30 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostApsco60, on 02 May 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Hello how is everyone doing today? Good i hope. With the up and coming changes 5.3 is looking nicer and nicer. But there still is pestilence in the mist when it comes to balancing. Now before i divulge anymore i need to mention a few things about my class. Hunter cc was broken, this is not a qq thread but rather one adding constructive criticism. The scatter change was needed one way or another although i believe removing it from readiness would solve the problem easier. The whole dr change makes us reliant on others and their cc, a shitty way to balance. Onward to the bigger and meaner menace.

Mages now effectively HAVE as much cc as a hunter if not more. Pom poly / blanket / deep being a deadly combination. This I have no problem with at all. Assuming we are playing by the same rules. Now i don't know about you guys but what iconic class obliterates its opponents in blankets? How many times has some mongo mage blinked into the open to cs your healer, deep your partner and proceed to do science experiments on his face. The class does too much frickin' damage. The instant procs are not that crazy but, in addition to inchanters ward being the green light for a genocide it causes problems. Now i'm not going to say mages are unbeatable or any other nonsense like that but, its easy to play a 5 minute game almost perfect then your partners gets solod in a blanket. That game play is bullshit and not needed. Its bad enough that they can solo your partners in Ethiopian sized cc chains but factor in a full poly and your partner is doomed. And they have the potential to alter time Pom sheep your healer, blanket, deep him, then pom sheep again. Now good players can avoid this 100%, and if you let a mage run rampant he deserves the kill. However these stupid shatters for infinity damage need to be tuned down. Or the cc needs to be tuned. One or the other! Not both like they did to hunters because that is uncalled for but one aspect of game play must be nerfed.

In addition to mages having great cc, astronomical damage, they have good durability. Gone are the days where mages take the biggest damage. In conclusion mages need some aspect of their game play to be tuned down. Whether it be the 8 billion damage shatters, double pom poly, or durability.

My opinion? For anyone that gives two shits, inchanters ward needs to go to 20% increased damage. And maybe slightly less damage (5-10%) on instant casts in addition. Killing people 100-0 in blankets is not "working as intended" or any other bogus. But its not what I think, i'm just some random FoTM S12 hunter AMIRITE? What are your thoughts?

People get solo'd because teams don't purge fucking incanters proc.  Even on streams, cdew is the only person that actually dispels frost bombs regularly (regardless of nova or deep) other healers are just like hooptydooo.  But for a mage to solo someone in the fashion you mean they basically have to go all in with deep orb and alter or have every fucking spell power proc in the game and just shatter you for fourteen dicks of trinity.  

It's the same with every class, the only difference is that mages can bomb and shatter a deep every 30 seconds for great damage rather than every one or two minutes with 10-20 second huge buffs.  Not defending mage damage, but also trying to be a little less ignorant than all the "ahmuhgurd mages op" noobs posting.  Unlike hunters, one or two little fixes would make mage completely fine.  Two of those things could be removing POM from the alter table, I personally think altering for damage or to avoid damage is better anyway.  Nonetheless also cutting incanter's proc in half.

So maybe most agree on these two "changes" but they don't agree with the stupid nature of the post.  If the game didn't have classes with 17 ways to interrupt you, or nova was undispellable like this hunter shit so that you could nova and channel bolts while you 5-8 people it'd be different.  

Posted Image

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 02 May 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

this completely...mage bombs effectively ruined the class and the playstyle.

the mana thing will never change, they stated they want dps to have infinite resources i guess.

Incanters ward, while crazy, is just an added bonus to the problem.  you can easily solo someone without even having incanters ward.

As I said in the mage forum, the best thing to do would be to take bombs out, put brain freeze back on frostbolt cast, and take FoF off pet nova like it used to be in wrath.  They need to put the spec abilities back in their specs, Deep freeze for frost only, PoM for arcane only.   Would be a lot better class, especially if interrupts were toned down, or if damage were nerfed enough that you could possibly cast with some people hitting you if you juked the interrupts.  

However, none of that is going to happen, who knows how they will stop the one shots.
u cant just say remove this remove that.Find a spell to replace pom from talent tree , and find 3 more spells to replace the 3 bombs from talent tree,then talk.

#32 outroot

outroot
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2168

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

threads like these should be locked.
[W From] [Saloistwinki]: i bet you cant win against us if you dont go pet
[W To] [90:Saloistwinki]: we always target the best player on the team
[W From] [90:Saloistwinki]: lol

#33 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

have you tried rotating pets and roar of sacing every single deep? it's a pretty awesome mechanic that completely ruins a mage's burst window, i would recommend it to every hunter having trouble with those pesky skilless idiot mages.
www.twitch.tv/wowser8

#34 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Psyfiend hit me for 40.000 the other day.

#35 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostHektiik, on 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

People get solo'd because teams don't purge fucking incanters proc.
Because every team has an offensive dispel?
inb4 "play with a class that can dispel then"

#36 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostBamflol, on 02 May 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Because every team has an offensive dispel?
inb4 "play with a class that can dispel then"

Tell me a viable setup that doesn't have offensive dispel?
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#37 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Poststalebagel, on 02 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

have you tried rotating pets and roar of sacing every single deep? it's a pretty awesome mechanic that completely ruins a mage's burst window, i would recommend it to every hunter having trouble with those pesky skilless idiot mages.

I still die in sac. Also sac is 1 min cd (lesser for BM) and not every team have hunter to have that ability.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#38 Kreeds

Kreeds
  • Kreeds
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

since when havent mages been overlords ? and they call them casters, rofl dont know wat game u guys are playing but i dont see a mage casting shit these days :P

#39 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 02 May 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Tell me a viable setup that doesn't have offensive dispel?
kittycleave
wld

viable != popular.

#40 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

everytime i come to AJ and i see an QQ topic
i think if the game balance were made by players the game could be worse

Edited by Coldizzle, 02 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mages, hunters, all, other, classes, mongo, mad, nerf, buff, 5.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<