• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostCapstone, on 04 May 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

i'm not going to entertain the idea of nerfing other classes with rogues, hunters, and shadowpriests in their current implementation

literally every caster in the game has a different style, takes a different talent, positions differently against rogues. every class makes different use of their trinket against rogues, every class with a dispellble cc has to commit another cc to the shadowpriest to make their control effective (this is unique - no other class except 5.2 ret paladins can do this)

all the most powerful comps contain at least one of those classes, and most of the strongest contain two. most dps classes work with the classes above. it's 100% proof that those three classes singlehandedly control the current meta

admittedly mages are the first to get looked at when you get the game to a place where those three classes don't control the state of arena, but i'm not going to entertain this thread about how action has to be taken now against mages, especially when your "fix" is changing the scaling of a dispellable buff. apply your fix in game and dispel it if that's all it takes to balance the class
Not all teams have a dispel you know.

And tell me, how does a decorated mage with 6 helmets enjoy the current mage playstyle? Not claiming that mages are op or w/e, but strictly in retrospect how does it compare with the playstyle in past seasons. Are you happy that the abysmal gap (in the past) between a good mage and a bad mage is becoming smaller and smaller?

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#182 Capstone

Capstone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/0/1/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2259
  • RBG: 1973

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostBraindance, on 04 May 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Not all teams have a dispel you know.

And tell me, how does a decorated mage with 6 helmets enjoy the current mage playstyle?
i like having stuff other than frostbolt and ice lance, if nether tempest and frost bomb went away at the end of this xpac it would have been cool to have them around for when they were around

Not claiming that mages are op or w/e, but strictly in retrospect how does it compare with the playstyle in past seasons.
i have a lot more options, and everyone else has a lot more stuff to limit those, which is kind of the direction the game has been going for a long time

Are you happy that the abysmal gap (in the past) between a good mage and a bad mage is becoming smaller and smaller?
i agree with you completely, and it's obviously not ideal. i'd like to nerf mages and give them less uptime on extremely powerful abilities and the option to use less powerful ones more effectively, but i don't think they'd survive the playstyle of old expansions with the random ccs that hunters have, the incredibly strong magic defense of shadowpriests, and rogues with mind numbing and a ranged interrupt with no cooldown

#183 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

So much longevity in this thread

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#184 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostCapstone, on 04 May 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

i'm not going to entertain the idea of nerfing other classes with rogues, hunters, and shadowpriests in their current implementation

You did notice that the title of this thread says "5.3", right? And you do know that all 3 of those classes are getting hit with fairly significant nerfs in the aforementioned patch, right?

No one is talking about the current implementation, you're arguing against yourself.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#185 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 May 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

hunter uses deterrance above 5% hp, or silences mage, or stuns mage, hunter survives

feral clones mage at some point in the 6-8 seconds it took to kill the hunter, hunter survives

priest trinkets deep since its 3v2 and the mage has every single cooldown and damage proc up and this is the only time in the next 3 mins he will be able to mongo something down, hunter survives

basically if the team reacts in any way, the hunter survives

so yep, there's an argument for you, you just proved that mages can get kills vs people who dont react to their procs/damage cooldowns, which i think most people kinda knew already
Priest trinkets deep into pom sheep, mage casts 1 frost orb and then he spams some instant shit, and you think it is alright? (Mage could blink hunt stun and trinket the clone)

#186 Veluarex

Veluarex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1705
  • 3v3: 2236
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 04 May 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

100% Right.  Any season in the game you could "get globaled".  but getting globaled back in the day  was called "Coordinated Burst" and it took 2 and 3 people to pull off..

Like an  RMP CCing 2 people and then having all 3 of them dump every offensive CD into a perfect swap. and the player still took almost a full kidney to kill.
https://www.youtube....h?v=0Q5pb-fEQhs
Ur right,back in the day ppl were very coordinated

Edited by Veluarex, 04 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#187 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostVeluarex, on 04 May 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=0Q5pb-fEQhs
Ur right,back in the day ppl were very coordianted

Which i why i used RMP as an example and not another super skilled melee / hunter comp.  OFC things like this have popped up, but this play style didn't dominate most seasons.

#188 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostChristymarie, on 04 May 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

super skilled melee / hunter comp
ex dee

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#189 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

b4 this topic dies. just wanna say i've nvr felt like an overlord when any 2 melee are training me.

#190 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I feel like if a mage isn't stopped they do too much damage but when they're trained they don't do jack.

Orb does too much damage and frost bomb hits really hard even now, nether tempest is insane rng and you can get a kill by randomly frostfirebolting 6 times in a row.

I think mastery needs to be looked at with frost bomb, maybe revert the change where bomb does 60% of it's damage to players and then half how much it's affected by mastery or remove it off mastery entirely. It doesn't affect pve as much since bosses can't be frozen anyway

nether tempest probably just needs to be reworked with frost as well, Reduce proc rate on ffb when hitting players or something, I don't think blizzard wanted or intended for mages to act like affliction locks.

#191 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 04 May 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

b4 this topic dies. just wanna say i've nvr felt like an overlord when any 2 melee are training me.

There are still 2 melee comps? Do tell.

#192 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

why are people still discussing this... mages aren't getting buffed, the only good comp they have is getting nerfed cause of md/swap which = rdruid nerfs also..

the only other good comps are like mls/rmp which aren't even top tier.. and rogues are getting nerfed also

#193 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

the real solution is to make it so alter time doesn't give back procs.

#194 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postinhume, on 05 May 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

the real solution is to make it so alter time doesn't give back procs.
You can dispel alter...not hard if you run thugcleave and hunter/disc priest or Rshaman spam dispel the mage while being trained by hunter/rogue ontop of having to use it for life swap if playing with a SP. Not going to lie only way alter stays on alot of the time if im playing with a Rdruid or disc priest and they load me up with all their hots/buffs.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#195 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostSmooviex, on 05 May 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

why are people still discussing this... mages aren't getting buffed, the only good comp they have is getting nerfed cause of md/swap which = rdruid nerfs also..

I'm sorry, you what?

MLS
RMP
WMP
FMS
Mage/boomkin/disc
Monk/mage/rshaman

Only good mage comp? If you meant absurdly faceroll and overpowered as absolute crap by saying "only good comp" then you'd be much closer to the truth.

Edited by Virent, 05 May 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

#196 frigidclam

frigidclam
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Half of this thread is people complaining about hunters and rogues in 5.2 and the other half is mages who think you can dispell deep or CS them so its easy to stop.

View PostIcekingx, on 05 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

You can dispel alter...not hard if you run thugcleave and hunter/disc priest or Rshaman spam dispel the mage while being trained by hunter/rogue ontop of having to use it for life swap if playing with a SP. Not going to lie only way alter stays on alot of the time if im playing with a Rdruid or disc priest and they load me up with all their hots/buffs.

Any mage who has a clue is gonna have up AI, ice barrier, slow fall when they alter thats not including all the priest,rdruid or rshammy buffs. Using it with 2 fingers and a brain freeze means they have 2-3 seconds to dispell it off you depending on haste. You mages need to stop acting like all your stuff is so easily dispelled and you are so easily locked down. Good mages dont get deeps dispelled and wont setup big burst untill the enemy CS is used. Only class in the game who can global someone every 30 seconds and you expect pity.....

#197 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 05 May 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Half of this thread is people complaining about hunters and rogues in 5.2 and the other half is mages who think you can dispell deep or CS them so its easy to stop.

Any mage who has a clue is gonna have up AI, ice barrier, slow fall when they alter thats not including all the priest,rdruid or rshammy buffs. Using it with 2 fingers and a brain freeze means they have 2-3 seconds to dispell it off you depending on haste. You mages need to stop acting like all your stuff is so easily dispelled and you are so easily locked down. Good mages dont get deeps dispelled and wont setup big burst untill the enemy CS is used. Only class in the game who can global someone every 30 seconds and you expect pity.....

lol blizz made slow fall undispellable    do your homework kid.   idk why warriors and hunters even talk.  no one respects you.

#198 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostSmooviex, on 05 May 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

the only good comp they have is getting nerfed cause of md/swap which = rdruid nerfs also..

jesus christ...
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#199 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 05 May 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Rofl really? even with spamming AI and trust me vs a team with say a disc/hunter/shaman/mage I spam the shit out of AI to cover my own procs n shit for burst but sorry I only have like AI ice barrier (don't use this cause I get flameglow) my procs from brainfreeze to cover my alter of time (just woke up so I'm sure I'm missing other things that mages have to cover it) Do you understand how hard it is to get fearward off a priest when he like 10 buffs on him? I go oom after 4 spell steals I'm ok with this cause spell steal spamming @ the start of mop was SO broken but I did miss being able to steal like a 10stack of earth shield back in the day maybe if that would happen vs priest or take away how many buffs they put on 1 person. Mages damage is really strong this is 100% tbh I rather have them take out NT/frostbomb and make us go back to casting frostbolt followed up by icelance old school BC play cause that was fun to me. Sadly with how the game is atm if blizzard did that mages wouldn't be super strong since rogues have a range interrupt not including a good thug never really lets you cast so. Oh another thought I died to a thug 1 time @ 80% cause I was refreshing ice barrier like pretty much 100-0 but I believe this was pre shadow pan rep trinket nerf (I know that's not going to hold much water cause mages solo the shit out of pallys after bubble/trinket)

Edited by Icekingx, 05 May 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#200 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostVirent, on 05 May 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

WMP
FMS
Mage/boomkin/disc
Monk/mage/rshaman

are you baked? none of those are even close to good comps. I hardly play mage, I'm not biased towards them, the fact is their only r1 comp is getting nerfed

everyone knows the top comps right now are rps/thug/shatter... they rock/paper/scissor each other.. seeing as though that's all you face on the ladder none of those comps would touch either rps or thug

Edited by Smooviex, 06 May 2013 - 02:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mages, hunters, all, other, classes, mongo, mad, nerf, buff, 5.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<