• Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostWelgard, on 02 May 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

That is what we call an ad hominem - attacking the person rather than their argument.  I stand by my earlier statement, that howl and deathcoil were just as integral to warlocks as deep freeze is to mages.  It's just a different playstyle and accomplishes pressure through a different method, by cc'ing people to open up opportunities to be able to do damage and cc others or add more pressure while coiling the healer, rather than just getting extra damage on the frozen target you're essentially cc'ing.

I would recommend refuting people's arguments, picking it apart point by point, and explaining why you disagree, rather than just running around calling people retards.

I already been down that road with him lasted one post man.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#103 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostWelgard, on 02 May 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I would recommend refuting people's arguments, picking it apart point by point, and explaining why you disagree, rather than just running around calling people retards.

Requires more effort than they're worth though.  And what you quoted was not an insult, advice to a cute mage.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#104 Tundaplz

Tundaplz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostDagin, on 02 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I haven't wacthed him since the nerf. I can bet you that the mmr he plasy at has dropped he was at 1500s before the nerf I would hope anyone who is a rank1 player or multi glad can farm people in the 1100s to1400s especially having the best gear vs people that are majority of the time under geared and not as good at the game for a multiple of reasons. You fight alot of people just trying to get cap at that rating. He will and did lose to teams that had legit 2s compositions and have played arena for a while.

No shit he will lose to teams that are legit. Especially since all he does now for the most part is 1v2 people. The fact that he can still do that, I mean Ziqo 1v2'd people, but he didn't kill them while controlling the entire team. Hunter CC, gg. Oh and while we are still on hunters... since when was it a good fucking idea to make them have 3 trinkets(If Readiness is used). No class should have a 2nd trink for that matter. Look at what happened with Undeads and back in fucking BC. WoTF a buff that was actually up for like 20 seconds. Didn't put trinket on CD either. Fix that shit too.

#105 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Mages need a rework. They could take away deep freeze and bombs and give us CotC nova back and maybe frostbite and shift the damage to frostbolt icelance shatters again. But this would be a major change and would go along with an expansion, not in a patch. A quick fix i would think would be to nerf incanters and mastery. Mastery affects pve, but if they shifted the master to be less about bonus frozen damage and add something like a stackable haste buff with each casted frostbolt.

Now I may be a bit biased, but I think mage cc is actually fine right now, with maybe the exception of PoM sheep. I mean almost every melee can break their own novas and mages only have 2 which are both 25 sec cd's and share dr's with eachother. i think blanket deep is fine because it's the only really realiable, out side of PoM, cc that mages can get off. If damage gets nerfed blanket deep wont be as big of a problem.

Oh, also OP is a retard for using a title like this and expecting an actual discussion. Especially since he is a hunter.

Edited by Numbtoes, 02 May 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#106 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

"Make a separate thread for bitching about hunters, we're bitching about mages in here."

LMAO
Posted Image

#107 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostNumbtoes, on 02 May 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Mages need a rework. They could take away deep freeze and bombs and give us CotC nova back and maybe frostbite and shift the damage to frostbolt icelance shatters again. But this would be a major change and would go along with an expansion, not in a patch. A quick fix i would think would be to nerf incanters and mastery. Mastery affects pve, but if they shifted the master to be less about bonus frozen damage and add something like a stackable haste buff with each casted frostbolt.

Now I may be a bit biased, but I think mage cc is actually fine right now, with maybe the exception of PoM sheep. I mean almost every melee can break their own novas and mages only have 2 which are both 25 sec cd's and share dr's with eachother. i think blanket deep is fine because it's the only really realiable, out side of PoM, cc that mages can get off. If damage gets nerfed blanket deep wont be as big of a problem.

Oh, also OP is a retard for using a title like this and expecting an actual discussion. Especially since he is a hunter.

Or they could just nerf incanters by about 15% to put it in line with the other talents in that tier and then just make it so Deep Freeze doesnt count toward the target being frozen
Posted Image

#108 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

This thread gave me cancer.

#109 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 02 May 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Or they could just nerf incanters by about 15% to put it in line with the other talents in that tier and then just make it so Deep Freeze doesnt count toward the target being frozen

In the current state of the game deepfreeze needs to count as a frozen target. The way frostbomb works makes it really unreliable to just shatter with novas. I mean it would be fine for comps like rmp and stuff where it isnt all reliant on the mage to set up kills, but i think comps that rely on the mage to set up burst would suffer.

#110 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Seriously though mages could use a slight nerf. Maybe something like less crit on shatter on PvP targets or something. That or make deep break after a certain threshold of damage is received.

Edit: Is my opinion somehow more valid since I play a shitty class? LOL

Edited by Styfez, 02 May 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#111 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostStyfez, on 02 May 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Seriously though mages could use a slight nerf. Maybe something like less crit on shatter on PvP targets or something. That or make deep break after a certain threshold of damage is received.

Edit: Is my opinion somehow more valid since I play a shitty class? LOL

Windwalker has insane utility and damage, just because other classes are fucked up doesn't mean yours is shit.

Just like last season "omg rogues shit wars op"

Wars nerfed into the floors, rogues buffed into the ceiling.  Monks are fine.  Next patch should prove that.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#112 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

The entire premise of this thread is retarded, a hunter complaining about a mage? Half of these whine posts ignore the main offenders as well, nether tempest and frost orb.  People who complain about deep (especially hunters learn to fucking roar of sac) are severely misinformed when it boils down to a mage's burst potential. A deep without orb is not something you should worry about, a deep with orb however, spells trouble for your team. The common denominator in a mage one shot isn't deep freeze, it's frost orb, but so many inaccurate spectators cry wolf because they have no sense to see past their han solo post jabba infiltration character debuffs.  Nether tempest is insane because it unevenly trades burst potential from frost bomb for massive amounts of constant spread pressure.  I agree that these two abilities need to be nerfed, but I have yet to see any good suggestions regarding that or better yet anyone even addressing them in the first place.

View PostAvengelyne, on 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've actually made a lot of friends this season, I don't think anyone hates me or thinks i'm scum or thinks I cheat or thinks i'm toxic for the game. I'm definitely not a faggot as i've had a girlfriend for the past 3 years. I've also graduated College last year and working in my field currently so even if we come last place there it's not the end of the world, I got to meet up with friends I play with and against online and got to go to Manhattan on for a paid vactation.. And i'm a goddamn Ret paladin so there's a factor of respect given by the community for making it this far.

#113 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostHektiik, on 02 May 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Windwalker has insane utility and damage, just because other classes are fucked up doesn't mean yours is shit.

Just like last season "omg rogues shit wars op"

Wars nerfed into the floors, rogues buffed into the ceiling.  Monks are fine.  Next patch should prove that.

The only reason monks are even somewhat viable right now is because of how stupid RoP is, and RoP is taking a pretty sizable nerf this coming patch. Anyways I love my monk and enjoy playing it but that wasn't my point. Just because you have a certain icon next to your name doesn't mean your opinion is more or less valid and that is why this thread gave me cancer.. Actually AJ gave me cancer.

#114 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Poststalebagel, on 02 May 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

The entire premise of this thread is retarded, a hunter complaining about a mage? Half of these whine posts ignore the main offenders as well, nether tempest and frost orb.  People who complain about deep (especially hunters learn to fucking roar of sac) are severely misinformed when it boils down to a mage's burst potential. A deep without orb is not something you should worry about, a deep with orb however, spells trouble for your team. The common denominator in a mage one shot isn't deep freeze, it's frost orb, but so many inaccurate spectators cry wolf because they have no sense to see past their han solo post jabba infiltration character debuffs.  Nether tempest is insane because it unevenly trades burst potential from frost bomb for massive amounts of constant spread pressure.  I agree that these two abilities need to be nerfed, but I have yet to see any good suggestions regarding that or better yet anyone even addressing them in the first place.
an accurate post, how dare you :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 02 May 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

you're a god

Edited by Zerlog, 03 May 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#116 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

The best thing is, no1 who claims that mages are op gave any valid arguement. Like really no1.

#117 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

heres an argument for you

http://www.twitch.tv...link1/c/2214494

#118 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

it's retarded how uninformed some of you are... classes by themselves are not a problem, it's the way they synergize with other classes

#119 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostUnseenz, on 03 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

heres an argument for you

http://www.twitch.tv...link1/c/2214494
hunter uses deterrance above 5% hp, or silences mage, or stuns mage, hunter survives

feral clones mage at some point in the 6-8 seconds it took to kill the hunter, hunter survives

priest trinkets deep since its 3v2 and the mage has every single cooldown and damage proc up and this is the only time in the next 3 mins he will be able to mongo something down, hunter survives

basically if the team reacts in any way, the hunter survives

so yep, there's an argument for you, you just proved that mages can get kills vs people who dont react to their procs/damage cooldowns, which i think most people kinda knew already

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 May 2013 - 12:28 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#120 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 03 May 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

hunter uses deterrance above 5% hp, or silences mage, or stuns mage, hunter survives

feral clones mage at some point in the 6-8 seconds it took to kill the hunter, hunter survives

priest trinkets deep since its 3v2 and the mage has every single cooldown and damage proc up and this is the only time in the next 3 mins he will be able to mongo something down, hunter survives

basically if the team reacts in any way, the hunter survives

so yep, there's an argument for you, you just proved that mages can get kills vs people who dont react to their procs/damage cooldowns, which i think most people kinda knew already

And now remember it was 2v3. Imagine what happens once it is 3v3?..

Edit: Oh yeah he did deterence i believe.

Edited by Hiddenstalke, 03 May 2013 - 12:54 PM.

www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mages, hunters, all, other, classes, mongo, mad, nerf, buff, 5.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<