• Curse Sites
Help

What would you change in WoW if you could.

WoW. PvP

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 1/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

1 battlegroup with 1 ladder, with only a single rank 1 title being given out, in 3s.

#22 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

I would remove most pets and retune the few I keep.

And reduce instant cc durations. Hammer of Justice to 4 seconds for example.

I'd do a lot more but this is the most important to me.

#23 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

i would make pve more relevant to pvp
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#24 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Blow up the game.  Close down all servers and release a completely new game "wow II".

Everything has gotten too old and stale with developers trying to appease everyone "i.e. user friendly".

Remember when you actually HAD to choose a class in vanilla b/c it was impossible to level 2 classes?  No faction changing etc etc.

Wow has gotten old and stale and developers have tripped over their own shoes trying to make everyone happy.

Blizz needs to look at wow from a high level perspective and make a list of shitty things to fix:
1.  homogenization of all classes
2.  too many bullshit abilities and fluff keybinds
3.  global cooldown lowering skill cap
4.  trying to merge separate pvp and pve

They just need to blow up the game and start from scratch.  It's like anyone who has written code (C++ fans?) or tried to perform a complex organic chemistry synthesis reaction.  Sometimes it's easier to start from the beginning than to find/correct someone's mistake.  

Basically wow-reborn, only 6-7 classes and getting level 10 is a Big deal.  Remove bullshit classes like dks, monks, rogues.

Edit:  Additional thoughts.

Wow peaked in popularity shortly after the release of WOTLK (est 11 mil subs) and has been declining ever since.  It's not that WOTLK was a great expansion, it sold well due to the success and buzz generated from TBC, which was by far the BEST expansion and the only reason we actually have arenas now.  Vanilla + TBC was a game designed for hardcore players and each expansion is an attempt to extend the game to a wider player base (easier to get into, easier to gear, dumbed down targeting and abilities).  WOTLK was a disaster and a perfect example of blizz's arrogance and laziness.  They were lazy and re-introduced a dungeon hardcore players struggled with for hours in vanilla, Naxx, alienating their hardcore player base.  They were arrogant in the way s5 was released thinking they could balance another class on the "fly" (s5 dks never forget).

Edited by Hackattack3, 01 May 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#25 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostPersephones, on 01 May 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Trim all the fat - i.e remove like half the abilities that classes have, there's no really reason everyone should have so many fucking tools and need like 50 keybinds to do arena - Fewer abilities makes it a lot easier to spectate and more friendly for new people.

Probably the best suggestion. Too many abilities makes the game annoying to play and annoying to watch. Cause there is a counter to a counter to a counter to a counter ability.

#26 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostNumbtoes, on 01 May 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Probably the best suggestion. Too many abilities makes the game annoying to play and annoying to watch. Cause there is a counter to a counter to a counter to a counter ability.

I feel completely different. I feel that they already dumbed down classes way too much with the release of MoP. Not keeping skull bash as resto/dmg mushrooms was a big let down for me personally. And I went from finding lock very fun to being garbage when they removed so many fun and core abilities for some specs.

#27 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Must pass IQ test to play arenas.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#28 Kreeds

Kreeds
  • Kreeds
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I would remove every swedish nerd from arena xD

#29 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

remove pve,

and whoever q's for an rated bg is permabanned.
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#30 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 767

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

i would make monkeys unkillable

#31 snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Buff disc priest damage

#32 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

I would remove all blanket silences and most instant cc, reduce the amount of healing from all instant cast heals (shields, lifebloom, riptide, holy shock etc) and increase the amount of healing on all casted heals, do the same for all the dps casters. Then lower the cooldown of all interrupts to 8 seconds on a missed interrupt 11 seconds on a successful interrupt.

Also of course remove mind numbing poison, necrotic strike and all the other cast time increasing curses/spells left in the game. Would probably have to look into the number of stuns and random interrupts melee have as well and tone them down(cheapshot, double deathgrip, scatter shot).

Goal is to change the game to being more about casting spells and less about ramming instants into players during blanket silences and stuns, therefore increasing interaction and actual time playing your character.

Edit: Not exactly one change but, it's a series of changes to accomplish one goal: having casted spells be real again.

Edited by Ayume, 01 May 2013 - 09:29 PM.

www.twitch.tv/ayumus

#33 Jeffisnumberone

Jeffisnumberone
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationRwanda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

delete symbiosis and dks from the game
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostJeffisnumberone, on 01 May 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

delete dks from the game

delete dks from the game

delete dks from the game

Posted Image

#35 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostEnim, on 01 May 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

I feel completely different. I feel that they already dumbed down classes way too much with the release of MoP. Not keeping skull bash as resto/dmg mushrooms was a big let down for me personally. And I went from finding lock very fun to being garbage when they removed so many fun and core abilities for some specs.
I was thinking more like taking silences / interupts and stuns away from classes. Like ret pallies losing an interupt but gaining some other sort of niche. Feral druids staying mobile with good damage and cc without an interupt. Mages losing deep, shadowpriests losing psyfeind. Stuff like that. I think the game should be more about comp selection rather than just stacking the stronges class for each roll.

#36 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Remove cloak and dagger and subterfuge

remove ring of peace

remove symbiosis

remove mages, bring them back and remove them again because fuck you mages

keep gateway in but put a 3 minute cooldown on the debuff you get from using it

remove mind numbing,necrotic strike cast slowing debuff ect...

reduce effectiveness of mortal strike debuff and nerf instant healing

introduce more CC DR's aka fear DR with hunter trap/poly make all stuns share DR and silences

remove spammable CC

give pvpers gold for winning every arena/rbg or make pvp only items that cost honor/conquest because pvpers that dont raid/do dailies/bot have no gold

put a cooldown on all offensive dispels, reduce cooldown on defensive dispels to 4-6 seconds

take double death grip out of the game

make it so no class can 100-0 any other class in a stun, even with cds

did I already mention remove mages?

Edited by Marshmellow, 01 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Change how Crit works in PvP.

It's too much when you can pop everything and get a target to half instantly or be lucky doing the exact same thing and global them. Making heals crit for 100% made healing just as retarded. There's lots of ways to go about it, and it would need to be done carefully because some classes like Mages revolve around crit and modifying it, but it would be the biggest fix imo.

#38 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Lower crit damage, but increase crit chance for everyone.

I'm not quite sure on the math side, but if they increased crit chance, but decreased crit damage, couldn't they find some math equation to keep the same DPS? Just a lot more sustained, less spikey. Crits can make or break games sometimes :<

#39 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Well like most people here i'd instantly merge as many battlegroups as was possible and after that i'd:

1) Weekly in game tournaments:

Simple format:
Team sign up during the week, it costs 1k per player and you all have to be in the same arena team. After 16:00 signups are locked.
Sunday at say 18:00 the top 32 rated teams (based on an average of each players personal in their 3's team) get instanced into a zone and matched up against each other (seeded based on rating). Each game lasts 10 mins, if you draw the 1st 2 you get a 3rd 15 min game that additionally tracks which team came closest to the kill (if it ends in a draw).
Your playing a Bo3 due to time contraints.

You lose and your out. It's single elimination because anything else would take too long.

If you win then you have until the next round (35 mins per round) to chill, you can leave the instanced zone and get the queue pop outside but if you miss the queue it's a loss or your partners have to 2vs3 it.

Inside the instance is both a scoreboard to keep track of results as well as a previous winners board and also a clock showing time till next round.

If you win your teams gets 15k each (45k for the team), an achievement and placed on the winners list.
2nd place gets 10k each.
3rd place gets 5k each.

Entire thing should take about as much time as the average raid, just short of 3 hours.

If it's popular then you can have a sub tournament on saturday with the same format where the top 3 take a spot in sundays tourny (no cash prize so people don't abuse it). This gives a chance for lower rated teams to win a spot as all the high rated teams should be getting entry anyway.

Role checks activated so people can't troll with triple healer etc, possible spec checks so tanks can't join. Thats another reason for the gold/team requirement because whilst it'd be nice to think on a sunday morning "Hey guys lets sign for tonight" with random friends it's too open for abuse and needing an active team reduces the chance of people trolling.

I guess you could add the round of 64 and have it a 3h 30 thing as well as higher gold prizes.

Would give people something fun to do and watch on streams at the weekend. Whether blizz would invest the time into it given only 32(64) teams could enter a week per region is another question but it'd add some much needed competition back to the game during mid/early season.

Edited by Korzul, 02 May 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#40 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

I would make it so you cant que arena w/o 1 caster 1 physical 1 healer.

no 2x healer or 3x dps etc.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WoW., PvP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<