arnsa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hey guys,

I want to make a macro, but I couldn't find how to make one like that. If an immolate is on enemy, then cast only Canflagrate, if it isn't cast immolate first and then Canflagrate. How can I  do that?

#2 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

A macro can't detect buffs/debuffs, so the closest thing you are going to get is a cast sequence macro.  Bowel of Steamwheedle Cartel posted a macro along with a description on this page that might be your best bet:

"This macro with first cast Immolate to your target. It will then cast Conflagrate  until it resets back to cast Immolate. If you can get more than one Conflagrate off before your Immolate falls off, then add another Conflagrate to the end of this Wow macro.

To stop the sequence, meaning to cast Immolate and start over, you either switch targets, press the alt key, or leave and enter combat.

#showtooltip Immolate
/castsequence [@target] reset=alt/combat/target Immolate, Conflagrate
"

I wouldn't advise using cast sequence macros in pvp, but if you want to try it out then this one might be what you are looking for.  I'd also make sure you still have a separate bind for Conflagrate so you can snare people quickly without needing to Immolate first.

Edited by Synkz, 01 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#3 arnsa

arnsa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Uhm, this would work, but why you don't recommend using cast sequence macros in pvp?

#4 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

What if you change targets? As mentioned  the macro can't detect if there's a certain debuff/buff on the target. You're much better off having 2 binds for each.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#5 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postarnsa, on 01 May 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Uhm, this would work, but why you don't recommend using cast sequence macros in pvp?

Like Persephones said, PvP is much less predictable than PvE.  Cast sequence macros work well in PvE because you don't have to switch up your rotation/priorities very often in a given fight, whereas in PvP you constantly have to change your rotation/priorities to adapt to what the enemy players are doing.

For an example, let's say you are playing RLS and are going against a DK/Warrior/Shaman team.  Your shaman is getting trained into the ground and needs you to peel so he can survive but the DK and Warrior both have their fear immunities up and your rogue is snared across the map, so the only way you can help your shaman is to snare them with conflagrate. However, because you are using a cast sequence macro you have to put up an immolate before you can conflagrate either of them (which also makes you vulnerable to interrupts), your shaman can't get away and dies.

Basically, cast sequence macros give you less control over your character.

Edited by Synkz, 01 May 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#6 arnsa

arnsa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostSynkz, on 01 May 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Like Persephones said, PvP is much less predictable than PvE.  Cast sequence macros work well in PvE because you don't have to switch up your rotation/priorities very often in a given fight, whereas in PvP you constantly have to change your rotation/priorities to adapt to what the enemy players are doing.

For an example, let's say you are playing RLS and are going against a DK/Warrior/Shaman team.  Your shaman is getting trained into the ground and needs you to peel so he can survive but the DK and Warrior both have their fear immunities up and your rogue is snared across the map, so the only way you can help your shaman is to snare them with conflagrate. However, because you are using a cast sequence macro you have to put up an immolate before you can conflagrate either of them (which also makes you vulnerable to interrupts), your shaman can't get away and dies.

Basically, cast sequence macros give you less control over your character.

I've done a macro like that: If I hold Alt and press 3, it casts immolate, if I don't hold alt, it casts conflagrate. Is this okay in PVP? :-P

#7 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postarnsa, on 01 May 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I've done a macro like that: If I hold Alt and press 3, it casts immolate, if I don't hold alt, it casts conflagrate. Is this okay in PVP? :-P

Yep, that would be a great macro to have :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<