Jump to content

nerf shadowburn


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 usingg

usingg
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 323
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

plz

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#2 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 281
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

ok ok

#3 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Leave us alone!
twitch.tv/xrags  -- streaming boomkin PoV:  dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#4 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2319
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

who plays a warlock anyways?
Posted Image

#5

  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1056
  • 3v3: 2264
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

its not just shadowburn , its all the kill shots that need to be removed.

#6

  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image

armory me, it was in RBGS and i was wearing different sockets (68.55% resi) and more malevolent 2/2 items then now. still got globaled from 90%ish, prbly havoc from pet or something

#7

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostYarmyxx, on 30 April 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

its not just shadowburn , its all the kill shots that need to be removed.

Soul Reaper and touch of death are the two that bother me the most. With Touch of Death you basically start with 10% less health against monks, because as soon as you hit 10% you die, through disperse, painsupress, wall whatever. Soul reaper is just annoying because youre never quite sure when its going to kill you. If you're at 34% health it can proc and kill you, if youre at 36% you're fine. They should just make it only proc below 20% but have a shorter activation time so it's more reliable and consistent with other executions.

Edited by Radejjj, 01 May 2013 - 01:00 AM.


#8 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 2970
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostYarmyxx, on 30 April 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

its not just shadowburn , its all the kill shots that need to be removed.

this this this this this.

all executes should be removed i find it ridiculously stupid that you can die while at 10% due to some execute .. i dont know how many games where i have survived at 2-3% and get healed up and the game continues

i remember blizzard saying "well if you're at 10% you're probably dead anyway"  well blizzard im pretty sure if im at 10% im still alive and i should only die when my hp reaches 0.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix


http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#9 XtraT

XtraT
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 201
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 01 May 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Soul Reaper and touch of death are the two that bother me the most. With Touch of Death you basically start with 10% less health against monks, because as soon as you hit 10% you die, through disperse, painsupress, wall whatever. Soul reaper is just annoying because youre never quite sure when its going to kill you. If you're at 34% health it can proc and kill you, if youre at 36% you're fine. They should just make it only proc below 20% but have a shorter activation time so it's more reliable and consistent with other executions.

soul reaper takes 5 seconds to proc and is dispellable

#10 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2319
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

plz dont take my touch of death away :'(
Posted Image

#11 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostXtraT, on 01 May 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

soul reaper takes 5 seconds to proc and is dispellable

there are situations where you can't dispel a soul reaper, similar to when you can't dispel other things.  ex: dk training healer, stuns him with soul reaper up, cc healer, soul reaper, etc.


i'm not a fan of any executes in pvp, but they are a big part of pve so they will never go away.  if anything they could someday be nerfed/not usable in pvp, but there also comes a point where if they would nerf them in pvp, for example, less damage, that they become less desirable to use than just doing your regular damage rotations.


so all in all, they will most likely remain in the game, and remain the same.

#12 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 420
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2970
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2289

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

with how many defensive cds every class has in the game now, i can only imagine how long games would be.

#13

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostSnackumz, on 01 May 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

with how many defensive cds every class has in the game now, i can only imagine how long games would be.

This kind of worries me about the damage reduction in 5.3. Right now no one dies outside of obscene cc chains or swifty one shots, and even with the way the game is currently, wizard mirrors last forever. I feel like games are going to be really long, or comps with ridiculous cc chains like mld/jungle are going to be mandatory, not to mention twos will literally not be playable, every healer/dps will be a draw.

#14 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 232
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

nerf shadowburn, buff  conflag and incinerate
Posted Image

#15 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 103
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 01 May 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

This kind of worries me about the damage reduction in 5.3. Right now no one dies outside of obscene cc chains or swifty one shots, and even with the way the game is currently, wizard mirrors last forever. I feel like games are going to be really long, or comps with ridiculous cc chains like mld/jungle are going to be mandatory, not to mention twos will literally not be playable, every healer/dps will be a draw.

Battle fatigue up to 50%

#16 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

healing is really nerfed on the ptr, i think its gonna be pretty good in 5.3

#17 Infernion

Infernion
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 150
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2609

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostZerlog, on 01 May 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

armory me, it was in RBGS and i was wearing different sockets (68.55% resi) and more malevolent 2/2 items then now. still got globaled from 90%ish, prbly havoc from pet or something

So, exactly how did you get globalled? Stop exaggerating, as far as I can tell he even fel flames twice (two globals), to get you below 20%, or to get embers? "273166 Overkill". The shadowburn only did 39369 damage, I'm sure you would've survived if shadowburn was nerfed slightly.. The fact that you didn't pay attention to your health made you die, not the fact that shadowburn is OP, which I'm not saying it's not :)

View Postkannetixx, on 01 May 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

this this this this this.

all executes should be removed i find it ridiculously stupid that you can die while at 10% due to some execute .. i dont know how many games where i have survived at 2-3% and get healed up and the game continues

i remember blizzard saying "well if you're at 10% you're probably dead anyway"  well blizzard im pretty sure if im at 10% im still alive and i should only die when my hp reaches 0.

It's also stupid that you can die while at 80 % due to some bursty class.. I don't know how many games where I haven't survived a deep freeze and the game hasn't continued :hunter: :mage: :rogue:  :)

#18 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 412
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/0/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2514
  • 5v5: 1531
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm thinking of an ability that does on avg 100% of your life as overkill damage when you reach 10% , but let's complaing about things that CDs can actually prevent.
Posted Image

#19 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2319
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostSascatuan, on 01 May 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I'm thinking of an ability that does on avg 100% of your life as overkill damage when you reach 10% , but let's complaing about things that CDs can actually prevent.

99% of the time its about 7 or 8% because of latency

and honestly every execute in the game can finish anything >10%, its the fact that it kills through disperse/ other defensives that don't IMMUNE damage that makes it so strong, but I guess you can complain about monks if you want.

Edited by Marshmellow, 01 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 01 May 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

This kind of worries me about the damage reduction in 5.3. Right now no one dies outside of obscene cc chains or swifty one shots, and even with the way the game is currently, wizard mirrors last forever. I feel like games are going to be really long, or comps with ridiculous cc chains like mld/jungle are going to be mandatory, not to mention twos will literally not be playable, every healer/dps will be a draw.

Healing is getting nerfed more than damage so all healers but shamans will spend more mana healing damage and go oom that way.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<