Antibobo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 767

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi I've been running with a hpally and have been having a lot of trouble against openings, especially when they open on our hpally. I have had rmp open on us taking 80% within 2 seconds forcing bubble instantly and of course priest dispels it right away. I really need some ideas on how to fight against RMP especially their openings. Our hpally is running 67% resil but still having to bubble almost instantly when they open on her

#2 snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

your pally should try to keep up a 3 point eternal flame on herself/stack illuminated healing which comes from the pally mastery, and shouldn't be scared to trinket the deep or cc and pop divine protection/aura mastery and a healing cd like wings/guardian/divine favor. you'll also need to peel the dps like stunning the rogue with asphyx/strangulating mage/gripping dps away so your pally can LoS. Holy paladins are really easy to kill as Rogue/Mage/Healer so once your pally is out of cooldowns, her survivability during their shadow dance/frozen orb will be entirely dependant on the peels of yourself and your other DPS.

#3 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

x3 EF on everyone and beacon on himself , peel with stuns and shit. Might be worth using trinket on sap depending on opner ofc  if you run out of cc just go full retard on dmg and try and peel with dmg force them into a defensive play.(Jk never happens)
Posted Image

#4 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

pop anti-magic zone on the opener, and peel rogue.

#5 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 30 April 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

pop anti-magic zone on the opener, and peel rogue.

Well, you can't really peel the rogue before they get bubble (=

#6 Absolutely

Absolutely
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1488

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Rogue AoE Stealth last for 20 seconds.. and Mage Invis last for 20 seconds.. What I like to do is at the start build holy powers; you want 5 holy powers. If you build a mastery shield, you can give yourself glyph of FoL, Eternal flame/sacred shield, illuminated healing, and a blessing(maybe even hand of salv as trash buff) as buffs so they spend more time stripping you and maybe your shield will stay for the first few seconds if you're lucky.

As soon as the gates open, have your teammates spam AoE abilities to try breaking them out so it delays their opener. After about 10-12 seconds, you should just pre-wall because your wall last 10 seconds and your wall will fall off as soon as their aoe stealth runs out and your team can open to avoid sap. Surprisingly, I actually catch a lot of people doing this with my wall and it mitigates a lot of the mages damage. If the rogue pops dance/blades; you might as well just bubble so later you can BoP yourself after forbearance falls off and you have your trinket to help you survive. Teammates definitely need to peel during the opener, if they get your bubble just sprint and do instant casts to try to top yourself if priest isnt cced and try to preserve the rest of your cds.

It really depends on what comp you run though; if you run with a hunter have him sac the opener, if you have a spriest have him grip/md you, there are many solutions.
Posted Image

#7 Sweatyfingrs

Sweatyfingrs

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

If a frost bomb lands on her, she has to instantly trinket and dispell it, don't sit there thinking that you're fine because X stun only has 2 seconds left on it because in 1 second you're about to have 150-200k less hp depending on orb or not.  

If the rogue opened with a cheap shot, try and aura mastery out of that too so you can immune the incoming garrote (not sure if off GCD because I don't play paladin) but if you can, freedom away and you can save bubble for another swap
Posted Image

#8 Parkways

Parkways
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/2/1/0/.
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostAntibobo, on 30 April 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hi I've been running with a hpally and have been having a lot of trouble against openings, especially when they open on our hpally. I have had rmp open on us taking 80% within 2 seconds forcing bubble instantly and of course priest dispels it right away. I really need some ideas on how to fight against RMP especially their openings. Our hpally is running 67% resil but still having to bubble almost instantly when they open on her

>her
Posted Image

#9 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostAbsolutely, on 01 May 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Rogue AoE Stealth last for 20 seconds.. and Mage Invis last for 20 seconds.

I'd just like to mention that rogue AoE stealth is 15 seconds, not 20. And mage invis is 18.
Posted Image

#10 Miluu

Miluu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

its more like lets go, sap dps 1, fear dps 2, and just rofl stomp pally into bubble tho he has divine prot aura mastery crit immunity xd -> maybe md = win - or do it again after 1min(retard orb+shadowtango up again) = WIN.
basically atm they can calculate how much points they'll get if they see the pink nameplate :)

#11 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

If you are not running with strong peel / defensive assist classes, the pala will get sapped, rmp will position themselves for max damage, while rof , fear etc happen. Likely to be resulting with bubble and possibly a trinket from your dps to save the pala. Next dance, the dps without trinket or the pala will die, it's just an unfortunate inevitability, if you aren't currently rolling with sp etc. Just one recommendation, don't trinket then bubble, just bubble, trinketting the opener will almost never save you. Also I noticed that while rmp is trying to go offensive, if they are stacked, your team can pop every cd and go nuts. They will likely have to stop and peel.

Edited by Djandawg, 10 May 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#12 Linibi

Linibi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Dont be scared to bubble the opener. The opener is the strongest what there have and for the orb and dance you have trinket and bob

#13 Chernova

Chernova
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1734

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users