Need help for building 3's combo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guttzu

Guttzu
  • Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hello everyone. I am writing to get your advice on what I should play to best fit with my 2 friends' team in a 3's combo. I haven't played the game since 2009 so it's been awhile but I did get gladiator in season 3 so I've missed arenas!... I played warrior for a long time but I am wanting to try something new. I have a hunter and a mage around level 60 and was wondering which of these 2 classes would go best with my 2 friends that have a warrior and a resto shammy. They are new to the game but we've been playing GW2 together and decided to make the move to WoW. I am wanting to take arena serious again but I want to build the best team out of our options. I have read up some info and it looks like BM hunter in this combo of war/bm hunter/resto shammy is pretty strong... Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

#2 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Hunters are being nerfed on the PTR...but who knows if the nerfs will go live... they are also getting buffs to sustained dmg.  KFC has always been a viable comp more so than WMS.  But mages are extremely strong at the moment and are not getting nerfed.  I think KFC has been traditionally better and it still works now even with warriors being bad (mostly cuz hunter is awesome atm).  I would go with the hunter, but the mage wouldn't be a bad choice either.  If you are coming back you can get a scroll of resurrection off a friend and get a free level 80 character.  Then you could skip the 20 levels from 60-80 or choose a different class all together.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#3 Guttzu

Guttzu
  • Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postardnut, on 30 April 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hunters are being nerfed on the PTR...but who knows if the nerfs will go live... they are also getting buffs to sustained dmg.  KFC has always been a viable comp more so than WMS.  But mages are extremely strong at the moment and are not getting nerfed.  I think KFC has been traditionally better and it still works now even with warriors being bad (mostly cuz hunter is awesome atm).  I would go with the hunter, but the mage wouldn't be a bad choice either.  If you are coming back you can get a scroll of resurrection off a friend and get a free level 80 character.  Then you could skip the 20 levels from 60-80 or choose a different class all together.
Good point on the scroll of Rez... I like the playstyle of mage better but hunter is also fun. The warrior wants to play a warrior or warrior type class and the shaman wanted to be monk or shaman so I had them go warrior and shammy. The warrior said he would be ok with maybe a rogue and I'd have to see what the shaman would want to play. Hell we could run RMP with the warrior going rogue and the shammy switching to priest lol... Just looking for the best comp with the options at hand... Thank you for the advice and addtional advice is welcome!

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

It's so hard to tell you what class to roll because they change so much from patch to patch.  I was god mode as warrior in 5.0... Jesus mode in 5.1 and now I'm like that weird cousin no one wants to talk to.  So what is good now and what is good in 5.3 could be shit in 5.4.  So all I can say is roll a class you find fun.  Both your choices are viable.  Rogue is stronger than warrior a lot at the moment, but I think it will be pretty even in 5.3.  Shaman will still probably be the strongest in 5.3 but there isn't a lot in it.  WMP can work also.  You have to put work into a comp and figure out how to play it...figure out how to beat your counters.  Don't just quit saying ahhh we are counter comped and my class is shit.  I still try to play my warrior when most people have quit, because I enjoy going HULK SMASH.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#5 Reeceofcx

Reeceofcx
  • Junkies

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

just play kfc, have fun with your friends and you'll get high ratings no matter how sh*t the comp is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<