Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.

mega source right there

this doesn't hurt my argument at all lol.  that's just saying that it's incomplete, i.e., there are even potentially more people out there that should be on this list but they're not at this time.  if anything it helps my argument

most of those ppl are unknown and/or came out with their sexual orientation after their sports career.

pls stop telling me u know more on this subject by googling random shitty ass lists of gay sports people

unknown to who?  you? me? the general public? who are you to say who is known and who isn't known given your limited sports knowledge?  i get the feeling you don't know who megan rapinoe / lori lindsey are (who cares if they're women in a team sport vs. men in a team sport) even though they had the world's eyes on them due to your limited knowledge.  which, that's all fine.  but you wanna pretend like one person coming out in one sport versus another is more important than another does nothing but belittle said "unknown person."

point is, the media is wrong on this one (not something that's new) and they're gonna run with the story to gain exposure but possibly for the wrong reasons.  but that's all speculation and isn't worth a conversation.

what is worth mentioning is that you've misread/misunderstood nearly everything i've said and in other parts of this thread just flat out disregarded what i said and blurted out more emotional bs that has no relevance.

ive linked men and women, both in team sports and not in team sports that came out.  and in the first go around you clearly didnt read anything i wrote because you got the # of people i said wrong.

then you ask "why would the media not cover the story?" implying i said "the media should not cover the story" when in fact i said the exact opposite.  you can't read very well and your comprehension is beyond poor.  just read what i write before you construct your next argument (you won't)

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#42 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

naw i didn't forget that time, it's just that the two are not comparable.  you're talking about someone making a joke with the words "explosive finish" when people died from a bomb explosion vs me saying "this isnt all that big of a deal"  (obviously my part being shorter).

i said the media should cover it but you're not reading anything i write so it's kind of like me talking to a brick wall on this one.  i just said the media is gonna take it, run with it and make a waaaaay bigger deal out of it than it ever needs to be.

just read what im writing and you'll see this lol

your original post in this thread that i replied to:
"it's less serious than jackie robinson by far so no it's not a big deal"
Posted Image

#43 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

Homosexuality is incredibly stigmatized in the four major U.S. sports/leagues, and the intolerance/homophobia due to the perceived masculinity of these sports has a proven negative effect on youth athletes (and adolescents in general, aside from the players, coaches, etc. directly involved). Some effects are: increased homophobia among youth football players compared to non-football players; lower self-esteem and higher depression rates in youth homosexuals, particularly when involved in masculine sports; parents unwilling to have their kids coached by lesbians/gays; and, kids refusing to be coached by gay or lesbian coaches. Increasing acceptance of homosexuality in American culture has barely carried over into the team sports world. That so few players have come out even after their careers are over, nevermind during their career, is unfortunate -- but telling of the view on homosexuality in sports culture. Individual sports have seen more athletes come out, but in team sports the "don't ask, don't tell" policy is still very much in effect. It's shameful that the culture of these sports has kept athletes from coming out, especially when these athletes serve as role models for so many people.

This is part of the wider acceptance of homosexuals in America and is an important aspect of that acceptance. And while I specifically mentioned men's leagues in America above, this issue is obviously not limited to men or to America, or to just those four leagues.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#44 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

(who cares if they're women in a team sport vs. men in a team sport)
lol

point is, the media is wrong on this one (not something that's new) and they're gonna run with the story to gain exposure but possibly for the wrong reasons.  but that's all speculation and isn't worth a conversation.
point is noone except you is talking about the media's view on this, yet you keep bringing it up. noone cares.

what is worth mentioning is that you've misread/misunderstood nearly everything i've said and in other parts of this thread just flat out disregarded what i said and blurted out more emotional bs that has no relevance.
right back at ya

ive linked men and women, both in team sports and not in team sports that came out.  and in the first go around you clearly didnt read anything i wrote because you got the # of people i said wrong.
the 2 men you linked were irrelevant, they only 1 who were in a team sport of them was a guy that even the article belittled because he and his sport is so unknown

then you ask "why would the media not cover the story?" implying i said "the media should not cover the story" when in fact i said the exact opposite.  you can't read very well and your comprehension is beyond poor.  just read what i write before you construct your next argument (you won't)
the media have covered this for 1 day and you've have gone on and on about how this is blown out of proportion in media. i were not discussing the media's take on it, i repeatedly said that i wasn't and that i didnt give one shit about it but you kept bringing the media thing up. so when i chose my words poorly when repeating my take on the media thing, you wanna take that quote and use it as if i never understood what you meant. that's nitpicking at its best and that's what you always do since you cannot handle a normal arguement.
Posted Image

#45 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

read what matisse said and take that into consideration when you wanna criticize media's 1 day exposure on this matter.
Posted Image

#46 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

And to address Buglamp's two questions: I hope this encourages more athletes to come out, and based on the reception that Collins has received, I would certainly expect more to come out (while still active, and also after/during retirement). And no, his coming out isn't/wasn't a mistake.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#47 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

is syke really this mind-numbingly stupid
Posted Image

#48 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

gay

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

#49 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

I fucking hate how the media makes such a hype about this shit and then social media shitstorm that ensues. Like fuck, who the fuck cares.  Making a big deal about this shit only further segregates people.  Why does the conversation of who this guy wants to bone even come up.  Ugh
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#50 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

hahahaha pointless, reliuna has messed it up again

waste of time for me

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#51 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

maybe it's something that's lost in translation because english isn't his first language

bleh

bk said:

Insight said:

#52 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

hahahaha pointless, reliuna has messed it up again

waste of time for me

good to see u accept defeat
Posted Image

#53 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

nah just cbf to explain a point that was made ages ago that you keep missing, shrug

...for like the 5th+ time

bk said:

Insight said:

#54 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 30 April 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

I fucking hate how the media makes such a hype about this shit and then social media shitstorm that ensues. Like fuck, who the fuck cares.  Making a big deal about this shit only further segregates people.  Why does the conversation of who this guy wants to bone even come up.  Ugh

ye lol that faggot should just of stayed in the closet and married one of all the fine women we have in the blessed United States of America
Posted Image

#55 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

nah just cbf to explain a point that was made ages ago that you keep missing, shrug

...for like the 5th+ time

thats how a defeated nerd would reply, ure so defeated lol

get outta here
Posted Image

#56 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

what do you think my point was? i'm curious

bk said:

Insight said:

#57 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

ye lol that faggot should just of stayed in the closet and married one of all the fine women we have in the blessed United States of America

whooooosh

bk said:

Insight said:

#58 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

what do you think my point was? i'm curious

i was discussing wether or not this was a big deal

which is why i replied to your original post: "it's less serious than jackie robinson by far so no it's not a big deal"

why did u bring up media into the discussion?
Posted Image

#59 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

and if "media's take on it" was ur point, why did you keep replying to me when i said i didnt care about the media's exposure?
Posted Image

#60 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by Rilor, 30 April 2013 - 03:26 AM.

I'm the man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<