• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

what the fuck

it is irrelevant if it should be a big deal or not

noone would want this to be a big deal, but it is a huge step for anyone who is gay and in sports, especially professional sports.

i dont even know why you'd want to make the comparsion of the progress with gay equality and black equality, they're not the same. and trying to use it to belittle the progress in gay equality is just dumb.

the fact that other players of NBA would make ignorant statements minutes after the news, statements which had to be backed up by their team's PR management to save their asses, should be enough for you to understand that the culture in sports is different.

naw, it's not irrelevant if it's a big deal or not because i'm talkin' about the media's perspective.  and the media routinely doesn't report on things that aren't a big deal.  i don't think this should be much bigger than a single day announcement (perhaps that's all this really is tbh) and if that is the case then yea it isn't a big deal.  it should just boil down to, "ah cool, good for him.  glad he feels comfortable enough to share that." and that's about it.

maybe it'd be something huge if he was the first professional athlete to come out but he isn't so it's relatively minor progress (albeit still progress i suppose).  i get the feeling you don't actually know of any other professional athletes that have come out within the past year given your response, which is straight (lol) but maybe do a little research before you start pushin an agenda i guess

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#22 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

here i'll just do the work for you because whatever

• Retired WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes, whocame out in 2005 when she played for the Houston Comets. (She later married a man.)
  • Brittney Griner of the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury.
  • Chamique Holdsclaw, former WNBA player most recently with the San Antonio Silver Stars.
  • Megan Rapinoe, member of the US Women's National Team, now playing soccer professionally in France.
  • Lori Lindsey, USWNT member in the 2012 Olympics who currently plays for the Washington Spirit in the National Women's Soccer League.

There have also been a number of out stars in individual sports—including Billie Jean Kingand Martina Navratilova in tennis and Orlando Cruz, a professional boxer.

There have also been other male professional athletes in team sports who have come out, even if they're not in the "big four" professional sports—like Andrew Goldstein, the goalie for Major League Lacrosse's Long Island Lizards.

source:  http://www.motherjon....com | MoJoBlog)

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#23 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

and the big thing about megan rapinoe / lori lindsey coming out is that they did it when the US women's national team won gold in the olympics so they were receiving plenty of attention when they came out, across the world but at LEAST notably in the US.

this should be enough to prove to you that this is just another news story the media wants to sensationalize to stir up shit that isn't anything new.

bk said:

Insight said:

#24 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

naw, it's not irrelevant if it's a big deal or not because i'm talkin' about the media's perspective.  and the media routinely doesn't report on things that aren't a big deal.  i don't think this should be much bigger than a single day announcement (perhaps that's all this really is tbh) and if that is the case then yea it isn't a big deal.  it should just boil down to, "ah cool, good for him.  glad he feels comfortable enough to share that." and that's about it.

maybe it'd be something huge if he was the first professional athlete to come out but he isn't so it's relatively minor progress (albeit still progress i suppose).  i get the feeling you don't actually know of any other professional athletes that have come out within the past year given your response, which is straight (lol) but maybe do a little research before you start pushin an agenda i guess

wow that's a lot of bullshit in one post
Posted Image

#25 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

if you understand how/why there's a lot more social stigma (especially in team sports) against gay men compared to gay women you'd might of understood how ridiculous it is for you to try make me seem uninformed on this matter by giving me a link of 5 women and 0 men who are currently open with their sexuality in professional team sports.
Posted Image

#26 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

but please go ahead and give me some more arguements why this isn't a big deal, because i've found all of them so far pretty hilarious.
Posted Image

#27 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

if you understand how/why there's a lot more social stigma (especially in team sports) against gay men compared to gay women you'd might of understood how ridiculous it is for you to try make me seem uninformed on this matter by giving me a link of 5 women and 0 men who are currently open with their sexuality in professional team sports.

well it's pretty clear you're not reading what i'm writing because i included men in my post

you're just being emotional over the subject, and not logical.  nothing new really but i guess read my posts before you hit up your next posting spree homie :P

bk said:

Insight said:

#28 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

and all of this is silly because you've (as usual) misconstrued the entire point of my original post in that, the media is just gonna take this and run with it for no real reason when it's been done before, both male and female and both in and out of sports.  but like i said, you don't know much of who has come out or when so it's not really a surprise you're talkin' outta your ass at this point.  

just makes you look odd is all

bk said:

Insight said:

#29 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

the goalie for Major League Lacrosse's Long Island Lizards.

big woop
Posted Image

#30 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

i like how you're the only guy in this entire thread who talks or cares about wether or not the media will make a big deal out of this
Posted Image

#31 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

i like how you're the only guy in this entire thread who talks or cares about wether or not the media will make a big deal out of this

you wanna go for round 3 and see how many guys i linked in the article?  so far you've messed it up twice lol

bk said:

Insight said:

#32 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

lmfao gays getting married...like...they're gay....LMFAO

#33 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

the only man in a "professional" team sport who is open with his sexuality was andrew goldstein, since they even write how irrelevant he is in the link you gave me I thought that he didnt qualify as relevant

maybe if you googled his name and some unknown emo rocker didnt come up as the first 100 hits i would of cared.
Posted Image

#34 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

you wanna go for round 3 and see how many guys i linked in the article?  so far you've messed it up twice lol

you mentioned 2, a boxer (not a team sport). and the lacrosse goalie unknown guy.

im pretty sure the only openly gay football player in sweden should be considered more famous than him
Posted Image

#35 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

man you really like to nitpick the smallest of trivial shit to worm your way out of bein' wrong, dont you?

bk said:

Insight said:

#36 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

anywho

http://en.wikipedia....er_sportspeople

here's a pretty exhausting list of people that have come out.  plenty of examples of men, in team sports, coming out

bk said:

Insight said:

#37 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

you're just being emotional over the subject, and not logical.  nothing new really but i guess read my posts before you hit up your next posting spree homie :P

the irony of this

guess u forgot the time when u gave a guy an infraction for posting in a thread that made u very emotional and not logical.

i do not care about sports, i dont care much about gay rights in other countries, but im certain that when big players in sports can finally feel the courage of coming out, it's a big deal for the people who currently live oppressed lives, so why would the media not cover this story? it's a positive one and relatively big since a lot of people are into sports.
Posted Image

#38 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

buglamp i just took a shit and it reminded me of you lol

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#39 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

anywho

http://en.wikipedia....er_sportspeople

here's a pretty exhausting list of people that have come out.  plenty of examples of men, in team sports, coming out

This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.

mega source right there

most of those ppl are unknown and/or came out with their sexual orientation after their sports career.

pls stop telling me u know more on this subject by googling random shitty ass lists of gay sports people
Posted Image

#40 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostReliuna, on 30 April 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

the irony of this

guess u forgot the time when u gave a guy an infraction for posting in a thread that made u very emotional and not logical.

i do not care about sports, i dont care much about gay rights in other countries, but im certain that when big players in sports can finally feel the courage of coming out, it's a big deal for the people who currently live oppressed lives, so why would the media not cover this story? it's a positive one and relatively big since a lot of people are into sports.

naw i didn't forget that time, it's just that the two are not comparable.  you're talking about someone making a joke with the words "explosive finish" when people died from a bomb explosion vs me saying "this isnt all that big of a deal"  (obviously my part being shorter).

i said the media should cover it but you're not reading anything i write so it's kind of like me talking to a brick wall on this one.  i just said the media is gonna take it, run with it and make a waaaaay bigger deal out of it than it ever needs to be.

just read what im writing and you'll see this lol

bk said:

Insight said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<