Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Currently the way that sb ss is retarded as everybody knows. I was wondering if people would find it overpowered if sb simply had a 30s cool down and you could instant ss with that only, similar to how cata UA was played. The only difference here is that you could instant swap a target without having previous dots against teams with heavy interrupts etc. I feel like having a cd like this would not be too stupid and proc-based such as the way UA is played currently. Also, Blizzard could justify buffing UA dot damage back to reasonable levels. Soul shards could potentially turn into a heal or something similar to the way embers work for destro as UA does not have the survivability that destro has, especially with lifetap. Hopefully this is a coherent paragraph considering I am writing this while im studying for a final.

tl;dr make sb 30s, buff ua dots

#2 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Yeah, if PvE didn't exist.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#3 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

SB-SS is just as dumb in PvE.
<Memorable quote>

#4 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Wish they would make a glyph that is like wild imps - mandatory for pvp, but a dps loss for pve.

Not sure how they would incorporate it for SB:SS though
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#5 vomite

vomite
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1328

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 29 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Wish they would make a glyph that is like wild imps - mandatory for pvp, but a dps loss for pve.

Something along the lines of giving soul burn soul swap a 45sec cd but it dots all targets within 40yards that are in los? Could be cool

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Postvomite, on 29 April 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Something along the lines of giving soul burn soul swap a 45sec cd but it dots all targets within 40yards that are in los? Could be cool

Inb4 op

#7 Chromix

Chromix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2520

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

They should just give Soul Swap a base cooldown (no matter of how you use it) of 20-30 seconds so the player has a choice between getting instant dots or spread it.

Any major changes to this is probably not going to happen in a while, sadly.

#8 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

they should just revert affliction to how it was in cataclysm

#9 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 29 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

wild imps is not a dps loss in pve, a lot of imps with cds up is good, and short duration haste buffs (legendary/trinket/lust) have an enormous effect on wild imps cooldown.

edit: some fights might be different, but it's mostly good afaik.

Edited by Wallirik, 29 April 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#10 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostUnseenz, on 29 April 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

they should just revert affliction to how it was in cataclysm
^
This.
There's no reason to change what isn't broken. Affliction was maybe over the top back then, but the class design was perfect. They just ruined it. Not sure what was the reason behind changing Soul Link, Haunt giving HP back etc., not like either of these were op in any way. Just an example though.

#11 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Soulburn soulswap just needs to be removed especially if blizzard wants to make casters ACTUALLY cast.

#12 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 29 April 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

^
This.
There's no reason to change what isn't broken. Affliction was maybe over the top back then, but the class design was perfect. They just ruined it. Not sure what was the reason behind changing Soul Link, Haunt giving HP back etc., not like either of these were op in any way. Just an example though.

i would disagree with this slightly

afflic was op in cata because of lock synergy with resto shaman and lock defense and lock control. Afflic locks dmg was good no question but its not at all what contributed to its opness. A cata afflic lock couldnt solo any one person or even an entire team (even tho some retards will claim this). We were actually able to harm 3 targets while helping with moderate single target dps. If you casted drain life and haunt a lot, you could really contribute to your teams pressure significantly.

cata locks primarily needed a nerf to defense (demon armor, port, soul link) and probably a nerf to control (fear, coil, howl- longer cds or something i dunno).

if you dont believe me watch snutz 5. tell me how this dmg is overpowered. he casts all the damn time, he never solos an entire team, yet he greatly contributes to his teams pressure because his damage isnt a complete joke like it is in mop.

https://www.youtube....h?v=PAM2YYf4Au0

#13 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

SB:SS is not OP in PvE and is a central, core mechanic, which along with Haunt, make the spec more fun in PvE DPS than it's ever been in the entire games history. For the first time, Affliction is more than DoT uptime + filler spam, and proper shard management is easily one of the best DPS mechanics to ever be put in WoW. This is the best design we've ever had for PvE, and you should completely give up all hopes of Blizzard backpedaling out of it.

If you don't trust my word on it, you're welcome to check any of the major PvE forums and see the feedback Affliction mechanics received back in September/October 2012 when MoP came out.

If you want to try and suggest something realistic, you should think within the current playstyle.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#14 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Yea very op, apply those 4000 dmg/tick dots instant. THIS IS MADNESS.

#15 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostThaya, on 29 April 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

If you want to try and suggest something realistic, you should think within the current playstyle.

i have not actually touched pve so i just threw something out here as food for thought. was hoping to spark some idea from someone that maybe has more insight into UA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<