• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 2/1/2/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2411

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostBraindance, on 30 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Positioning meant everything forever. Positioning means everything now.

The game was very enjoyable for wizards - for melee it was not unless you had a shadowmourne and 2 healers to play with, a playstyle which was an abomination. If you played anything else you had to los till you had cds up again. This was nothing close to enjoyable or fun.

Interrupts are weaker than ever with increased cds. It is secondary interrupts (stuns, silences etc) that pose a problem.

You can always outplay anyone and anything to win no matter the expansion. So no, wrath wasn't a better expansion for arena. More popular yes, better no.

Finally, although this is your opinion and I respect it, refrain from bold statements like "wrath was better" if you haven't even played MoP.

I don't think that is true at all, as a warrior i had a blast in s7/s8, could literally play with anything and make it work to at least gladiator ratings, then playing with an enhance and rdruid and stomping every LSD and MLS in sight. The ability to "outplay" people, is definitely diminishing as time has gone on, you must see that.. outplaying someone now is getting them to trinket something they maybe shouldn't have or didn't need to, then 1 shotting them in stuns or blanket silences.

I agree with your point about interupts and secondarys, i think the problem is when you have 2 melee combined tunneling a healer for example, interupts used to be (and probably still are) far too powerful. The increased CD was good for the game, but making classes like mages, and to a lesser extent warlocks and moonkins not need to cast in the first place, it gets nullfied.

#82 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostTfgreenacre_3240035, on 30 April 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

I don't think that is true at all, as a warrior i had a blast in s7/s8, could literally play with anything and make it work to at least gladiator ratings, then playing with an enhance and rdruid and stomping every LSD and MLS in sight. The ability to "outplay" people, is definitely diminishing as time has gone on, you must see that.. outplaying someone now is getting them to trinket something they maybe shouldn't have or didn't need to, then 1 shotting them in stuns or blanket silences.

I agree with your point about interupts and secondarys, i think the problem is when you have 2 melee combined tunneling a healer for example, interupts used to be (and probably still are) far too powerful. The increased CD was good for the game, but making classes like mages, and to a lesser extent warlocks and moonkins not need to cast in the first place, it gets nullfied.
I agree as far as our class goes, but who is responsible? The players. It's not blizzard's fault for listening to the player base.

"Booou intercept too much mobility nerf wars" - removes intercept
"Booou reflect too short cd can't free cast" - nerfs reflect

You can still outplay people - just not as a warrior. As far as the other classes go, it's even better than wotlk because they got x2 the tools the used to have. It's warriors only that are constantly striped of utility  for more damage. Try playing a monk for example - the toolset they have is so diverse that they have something to react to every situation.

So in a nutsell the skill cap is going up for some classes and down for some other classes. And at the end of the day, I am not going to blame blizzard for implementing changes that players asked for (even completely shitty ones). It's just that players finally see their 'ideas' come true in the game and they are not satisfied with the results.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#83 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 30 April 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Just canceled account, enjoy MOP boys and girls!

ok

#84 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostEycore, on 30 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

People discussed about being globalled in Wrath by a gimicky beast cleave, and I would like to point out in agreement with the above guy to defend this. Positioning meant everything in Wrath, if you got globalled it was your own fault, damage was preventable, and you could juke pretty effectively. Forget about the small amount of cases where cheese does occur (beast cleave in rov - which is no arguement for the experience of the whole of wotlk), generally if you were better than the other team you could outplay them and win.

Actually you are right. It was not only beast cleave. I don't know how you perceive something being preventable but wotlk had many disgusting situations:

-Pom Arcane Blast + Arcane barrage = %100-0
-Broken hunter dmg + Tnt stun until death
-Shadowfury, fear, coil , blanket %100-0 by destro locks
-%100-0 Charge + undisarmable bladestorm.
-Dancing rune weapon, shadowfrost spec, frost spec with sigil from XT, hitting for %50 of the health pool.while being immune to any form of physical or magical cc.
-Druids sitting in the middle of the map in tree form, random barkskin buff making innervate undispellable(during a period where the entire strategy was about ooming the other healer)
-Protection healers, undispellable divine plea, protection dps.
-Blood lust in arena, spammable tremor totem, unbearable shock cooldown, retarded elemental spec etc.
-%75 healing reduction via Unrelenting assault, that was wotlk juking for you.
And many things I probably don't recall right now.

All those did not get insta nerfed, they all did stick for at least one season.  If you counted the unbelievably wrong things during every expansion, wotlk would have the most by far, stop presenting it as epitome of skill.

Important note: This post is not intended to hurt the feelings of MM hunters. I understand they are very sensitive nowadays and do respect them. Please don't find a way to emphasize the skill / playstyle difference between BM and MM via this post.

Edited by Djandawg, 01 May 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#85 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Most people don't really consider s5/early s6 to be apart of the same expansion though. Everyone knows how bad those were. When people say they miss/missed wotlk, they are 95% of the time referring to s7/s8. An interesting thing to note about those two seasons is that there was a ton of broken stuff, and while stuff was skewed since this is wow pvp we are talking about, the bullshit kind of dealt with the other bullshit. S7 I would actually argue was about the closest to "the epitome of skill" that this game has ever reached.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#86 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postcrazieh, on 26 April 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

WotLK was the best by far I think for arena, specifically s7/s8. There will never be balance in the game but I would say that s7/s8 was the best we're gonna see regarding fun/skill and with such a huge variety of comps and fast paced play, people even spammed 2s even though you couldn't get a title in those seasons (and took it seriously).

As for MoP, there is retarded stuff as always and it's debateable if it's worse than any other season or whatever. The good thing is though, is that you can change talents/glyphs in the prep area so it's way less RNG of what you queue into and has lowered the gap between the possibility of beating counters or not --- this is the best change ever to arena I think.

As for the OP, I agree at how insanely stupid thug is atm they can make 10 mistakes a second and win on high rating. But there are always insanely easy comps to play like this!

I agree with this guy.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<