Pets in arena

dk hunter pets warlock

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Suprememanx

Suprememanx
  • Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Killing pets is very useful and I would have to agree that they should die good healers will make sure they keep up the pet so its not really like you going to get a free kill on one unless its a braindead team.

#22 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostForumz, on 28 April 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

You're exaggerating the amount of damage most pets do in arenas. I think you're mainly on about BM pets here, because Unholy ghouls hit for ~10k maybe? claw hits slightly harder than that but requires close to half the pet's resource pool. Water Ele doesn't even do noticeable damage. It just sets up the burst for the mage himself instead.

And just to point it out, if you send your pet to stop someone from drinking, the pet is doing no damage. (and pets are retarded and take like 3 seconds to respond to a moveto command)

I play both pet and non-pet classes, and I really don't have a problem with petclasses when playing non-pet. pets dying shouldn't be trivial to do because, as you keep pointing out, they are a very important part of the class' toolkit. They should die, yes. But not in a 3 second blanket on the healer.

I would argue heals from the pet's owner healing for more on that pet and other sources being reduced. That way you could CC the DK or Hunter or w/e and take down the pet. If you don't CC them and the pet dies it will be their fault with this system because they could focus their resources on healing it up. Right now if I play Unholy and I have my pet Shield Wall the Frost Bomb at full hp and it still dies almost instantly that just feels dumb.

that is not pet problem though, it is mages, you always bring fbomb and mages up, well, wow doesn't consist of mages only....let's overbuff pets just because mages do more dmg than fking raid boss?

and pets do no dmg, my ass....they do more dmg than me when i don't have dance up...

so how long should it take to kill pet? because i definitely need longer than 3 sec to kill pet since they block half of my attacks, you can't get behind them unless you actually CC them (jk immune) and i am not gonna use dance on one
shut up pvp guy

#23 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

I think you're confusing me with someone else, because I don't continuously bring up mages as a baseline example. I try not to be biased in my posts so my apologies if it came across that way.

Onwards to the damage. You claim that, as Unholy, because that's the example I'm mainly discussing (we all know BM pets do a lot of damage), my ghoul will outdamage you in normal, non-cd damage. Here's my ghoul hitting a lvl 90 target dummy from the back:

http://imgur.com/bNvovpG,HmULsMt

summoned with snapshot cds:

http://imgur.com/A6Vkpep,2Qn0rKB

transformed (5 coils or 160 runic power or 16 runes. 3 runes can recharge at the same time takes ~7 seconds as unholy. You start off with 6 of course so you basically need ~2 cycles so around 15 seconds from opening and not wasting RP on anything else. lasts 30 seconds and then you need to start over but you need more time because you won't have 6 fully charged runes most of the time) :

http://imgur.com/py88CyI,qfMdwSS

^ the autoattack isn't representative because the pet did a few non-transformed attacks as well (claw). The transformed autoattack is usually ~7.5k (0 resi)

So there you have the damage my unholy pet does on a 0 resi target. For reference (in case you want to check the way I gear) http://eu.battle.net...otaloo/advanced (and before people jump to bash my 2v2, I play dk/ret with undergeared ret friend :P)

In addition to this, I would like to point out that, as you're playing a rogue (presumably sublety), your spec is not built around sustained damage.

And like I said in my previous post, I think players should be rewarded for CCing the pet owner, rather than the healer behind the owner. If you, for example, fear the owner, you should be able to take down the pet easily if it doesn't have its defensive cd anymore (most pets have a defensive cd resembling a shield wall of the likes). Is that not reasonable?

PS: I just wanted to add that there is of course a problem with this system I'm advocating because most pet classes have multiple outs for different types of CC as well, making this a rather tough-to-implement idea right now.
Posted Image

#24 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Unholy ghouls really could use at least a HP buff. As for lock and hunter pets, they're ridiculous as it is. It also costs too much for them to heal their pets too imo, compared to hunters and locks.

#25 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostCreamo, on 29 April 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Unholy ghouls really could use at least a HP buff. As for lock and hunter pets, they're ridiculous as it is. It also costs too much for them to heal their pets too imo, compared to hunters and locks.

Talking about demo lock only, right?

Edited by Synkz, 29 April 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#26 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'm hoping he is. Affliction and Destruction pets die so easily and do pmuch nothing aside from providing a small utility for the team.
Posted Image

#27 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

yeah ok UH pet outside of CD indeed does less dmg than me but i am not doing that much higher dmg on it really
http://i.imgur.com/jeuMRHn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gWsZlfE.jpg

inb4 poisons, dance, evis - dks also have deseases and direct dmg + garg

and yes, sub isn't built around sustained dmg but the issue is that only way for me to kill pet fast is to actually dance it or get in restealth and subterfuge however both requires blowing CDs which i really could use for survival or for main target

i will still stay by my point, that pets dying isn't that of an issue, the issue is short burst CDs and RNGs shit that can be blown up on pets w/o sacrificing much

note: i have 67,54% resil

And like I said in my previous post, I think players should be rewarded for CCing the pet owner, rather than the healer behind the owner. If you, for example, fear the owner, you should be able to take down the pet easily if it doesn't have its defensive cd anymore (most pets have a defensive cd resembling a shield wall of the likes). Is that not reasonable?

PS: I just wanted to add that there is of course a problem with this system I'm advocating because most pet classes have multiple outs for different types of CC as well, making this a rather tough-to-implement idea right now.

maybe (because owner usually can heal pet as well) and yes

buffing pets would just promote carefree gameplay for pet classes (as if it is not already), but it is imo
shut up pvp guy

#28 Vulcon

Vulcon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 1801

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

The only thing I might want to see done is a slight...and I mean SLIGHT buff to dk, mage and lock(not demo) pet's health pools.  However I'm ok with them as they are.  Killing pets should be a viable solution and to be honest they shouldnt be as difficult as players to kill.

If you mange your pets well enough you can make them very hard to kill...you just have to be aware....

Yes its very "annoying" for someone to kill your pet over and over again but so is getting every silence, interupt, cc in the game thrown at you over and over.  Everything is "annoying" when it stops you from doing what you want to do/ruins your plan/setup....killing pets can help turn the tide and direction of a game and in all honesty I think the current state of pets in the game is perfectly fine.....though I do have a huge beef with the large amount of cc on a hunters pet, but then again I think everyone does.

#29 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostSynkz, on 29 April 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Talking about demo lock only, right?
Yeah, I assumed we were talking about demo locks here :P

#30 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

actually, wouldn't nerf to dmg next patch solve the issue?
shut up pvp guy

#31 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Healing nerfed as well :P

But yeah, less spiky damage so you get more time to respond to random shit killing your pets.
Posted Image

#32 chiqt

chiqt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/1/1/0/0

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

nerf huntards plz

#33 Datwarrior4life

Datwarrior4life