Lilyi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Did they end up doing anything to nerf or otherwise prevent the use of legendary metagems in PvP?

I know there was a post at one point saying that they made the legendary meta effects dispellable to discourage their use in pvp, but it was on the beta PTR forums, which have since been purged, so I can't find the original post. (some discussion on MMOchamp forums about it here: http://www.mmo-champ...ms-in-rated-pvp)

Do they have a reduced proc rate or disabled proc effects in rated pvp? If so, do we have any numbers on how much they're reduced?

In the absence of the Tyrannical Primal Diamond, are the legendary metas still better for pvp than normal metas?

Edited by Lilyi, 24 April 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#2 Thasta

Thasta
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1646
  • 3v3: 2493

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think the legendary metas have reduced proc rates (25%?) as well as being dispellable in PvP.

#3 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ye i remember a old blue post that said it would have reduced proc chance in pvp when the legendary gems got official.
I'm still not sure if it will be enough, sure it got less chance to proc but when it procs it procs..  And i have to say the procs are strong.

#4 Lilyi

Lilyi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, the procs are just so strong, I can see them being better than a regular meta even with reduced rates, but it really depends on the numbers.

I have both metas now (caster spellhaste and healer no-mana-cost procs) so maybe I'll mess around with it and try to figure out what their actual proc rates are for PvP on live (we all know that we can't trust blizzards random one-off comments during beta about what will happen on live, and we need to actually measure the real-world numbers to get any accurate info).

Problem is just that I have the metas in PvE gear, so I'd either have to test in PvE helms (and likely the proc rates are only adjusted in RBGs and arenas, not regular BGs or outdoor pvp/duels, so I'd have to use a PvE helm in rated matches), or I have to drop ~2500g (the price of 5x primal diamonds) per meta just to test, plus the cost of replacing my old meta if it sucks. Was hoping someone else had some numbers so I could avoid taking that risk.

If I do it, I'll probably just screw around in 2s or something, but it still takes a lot of testing to figure out an accurate proc rate with any degree of confidence.

EDIT: Just realized that the legendary metas require an ilvl 502+ item to equip, so you can't even put them in any of the PvP gear. They would have to be good enough that you'd want to use a PvE helm, which seems really unlikely (and you'd probably want a 541 heroic thunderforged helm if you did it). However, with the upcoming removal of resil from gear, there is still some possibility of finding a way to use the legendary metas in pvp. It's unclear how the downscaling of ilvls on gear in pvp will interact with the i502 legendary metagem requirement.

Edited by Lilyi, 24 April 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#5 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

wow been out for over 8 years, still can't seperate pve from pvp properly -_-
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#6 Dove

Dove
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2285

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Make them not proc at all in PvP. Problem solved?

#7 samuser1234

samuser1234
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 958

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Wont they be disabled in 5.3 when ilvls inside arena are under 502, the gem should just gray out kind of like the old meta gems when you didnt have all the required gems socketed in your gear?
#1 rogue trip deepz USA, u mad bro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<