Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Class-Specific Gladiator


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

1. good
2. what if i switch spec every game depending what i am facing? did you watch woundman playing lately? he played sub, then assassination, then combat for fun/experience....
3. am already, sadly -_-
shut up pvp guy

#22 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 671
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

You cant change spec based upon what you are facing, because you can only change talents at the start of arena, not specs?

Unless you are talking about you happen to fight like 5 pmrs in a rogue so you swap to a spec that does better versus a pmr. All that would mean is that your now rated as the other spec.

It would be similar to just inviting 2 more people and queing 5s instead of 3s.

If your other spec was higher/lower rated than your current one, it would change your team's mmr. This might mean you don't face that same team again. Not entirely sure this is a bad thing?

Though the point is moot, since if you did this on a regular basis all of your specs would be similarly rated and it wouldn't happen anymore.

#23 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 710
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

No

there will be dumb shit like X rogue swapping to combat because the good rogues are still sub

#24 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 671
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 25 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

No

there will be dumb shit like X rogue swapping to combat because the good rogues are still sub

How is increasing diversity a bad thing?

#25 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1817
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 25 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

No

there will be dumb shit like X rogue swapping to combat because the good rogues are still sub

So all rogues swap to combat, and then sub is lower represented, causing people to swap to sub, leaving combat lower represented.

See where I'm going with this?
Posted Image

#26 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 671
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostForumz, on 25 April 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

So all rogues swap to combat, and then sub is lower represented, causing people to swap to sub, leaving combat lower represented.

See where I'm going with this?

Exactly. All the kinks work themselves out naturally. That is why it works.

#27 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

and then ppl start to cry about other specs just because tehy are more represent now and those gimp specs will get nerfed for no reason

example: everyone is crying about rogue dmg, news flash, we did it last season too but nobody cared since nobody played rogues

i agree on glad title: class but i don't think spec glad is good idea
shut up pvp guy

#28 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 671
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

People wouldn't cry about representation, they would cry about what rating you get glad at.

EX. MY CLASS IS SO BAD THE GLAD CUTOFF IS 1.4K. BUFF.

Then, when everyone realizes how stupid that sounds everyone will laugh at them and it will work itself out.

see? Perfect.

#29 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 710
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

just accept you thought up a retarded idea, we all do stupid shit from time to time. Let it die

#30 Suprememanx

Suprememanx
  • Members
  • Posts: 15

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Honestly I think that is a Great idea to give Gladiator-like title to class and not to just top of all ...spec is kinda iffy but I see why you would say that to promote much larger diversity.

#31 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1817
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postgangstalicious, on 26 April 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

just accept you thought up a retarded idea, we all do stupid shit from time to time. Let it die

I like how you completely avoid any arguments made and just say 'stupid.'
Posted Image

#32 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 671
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostForumz, on 26 April 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I like how you completely avoid any arguments made and just say 'stupid.'

Him not being intelligent enough to comprehend the implications makes my idea stupid!

and people wonder why the PvP community is at rock bottom.

#33 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 710
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostForumz, on 26 April 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I like how you completely avoid any arguments made and just say 'stupid.'

rofl you where serious?????

ok I will engage you a little, these swaps do not happen over and over it just happens at the end of the season. I use rogue as a example because all 3 specs are fairly similar(yes I understand there are differences but its nowhere near resto vs enhance) and all that will end up happening is a bunch of try hard shitty players swapping spec into the easiest of the 3, Now if you want to change this to just hybrids get the luxury of multiple glad spots per spec you end up with huge bias against pure dps. There is a reason why this thread will only show up in the waiting room because shitty players tend to blame things instead of the person in front of the computer screen

#34 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1817
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

So just a few will swap to the least represented spec at the end of the season? You really think that if it would work spec-specific just a few would swap? Many would swap, causing it to be more represented and less of an easy glad.

The main idea wasn't spec-specific glad anyway, it was class specific. The only exception on this would probably be healing specs vs the same classes' dps specs, because they are so different you wouldn't be able to swap like that even if you wanted to. Same goes for leveling an entirely new class at the very end of the season to get glad. You would still need to be better than .5% of all the players on that class, so you would still need to learn how to play properly, which is something not usually doable unless you're a tournament level player (who, newsflash, don't give a shit about the titles anyway so they wouldn't bother swapping for ''easy glad'').

PS: stop being stuck up because you have a s4 glad on your account. If you have more recent high-experience then be a man and link your character with that experience to the account.
Posted Image

#35 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 671
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Top scientists have yet to determine how people swapping to a spec will make the spec become more represented, so they have attributed it to magic.

Yeah, no.


So, people swap to the least represented spec... and then, all of a sudden... it becomes more represented. Then, they swap off that spec into the other one...

And what happens? It maintains itself and balances out. There is no problem.

#36 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 710
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostForumz, on 26 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

So just a few will swap to the least represented spec at the end of the season? You really think that if it would work spec-specific just a few would swap? Many would swap, causing it to be more represented and less of an easy glad.

The main idea wasn't spec-specific glad anyway, it was class specific. The only exception on this would probably be healing specs vs the same classes' dps specs, because they are so different you wouldn't be able to swap like that even if you wanted to. Same goes for leveling an entirely new class at the very end of the season to get glad. You would still need to be better than .5% of all the players on that class, so you would still need to learn how to play properly, which is something not usually doable unless you're a tournament level player (who, newsflash, don't give a shit about the titles anyway so they wouldn't bother swapping for ''easy glad'').

PS: stop being stuck up because you have a s4 glad on your account. If you have more recent high-experience then be a man and link your character with that experience to the account.

first of all my s4 title would not make me a junkie I needed the rating requirement
http://us.battle.net...tatistic#21:152
2nd of all everyone says they dont give a shit about titles yet every season reckful is doing everything he can to get r1 every season and with all the ddos wintrading sniping and que dodging going on (I was playing on sargaras the #1 scumbag BG US) there are quite alot of people who care about titles.


now onto your next part. Why do hybrid players get two options to obtain titles while pure dps do not get that option? Unless you give every class the option of being a healer giving some classes more is completely biased. Arena is team based pvp if you want a option for duels to give gladiator go cry for that.

If you want I can post this in the junkies section on your behalf

#37 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 710
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postbandet, on 26 April 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Top scientists have yet to determine how people swapping to a spec will make the spec become more represented, so they have attributed it to magic.

Yeah, no.


So, people swap to the least represented spec... and then, all of a sudden... it becomes more represented. Then, they swap off that spec into the other one...

And what happens? It maintains itself and balances out. There is no problem.

lets say for example sub is the most fun spec for rogues
reckful and all the other tournament rogues stay sub and get gladiator

the duelist rogues have the option to get duelist and stay the spec they like and get duelist or swap over to combat for a easier title(because the real gladiators are sub)

The ladders never balance themselves out players manipulate them as much as they can while blizzard polices it as little as they can get away with.

#38 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1817
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Why do you view someone having to -choose 1- out of the 2 possibilities at all 'having more'. They don't have more. They can still only get 1 gladiator title. Like I said, you cannot just swap spec late-season because you need both the gear and the skill to play the other spec for .5%. If anything it's a 'pro' for pure-dps, because they won't have to think ''damn I might be making the wrong choice by going healer this season instead of dps.'' (even though that problem of choice doesn't even exist because it is still a percentage based title)

And you understand Reckful goes for those titles because he streams to 10k+ viewers who all expect him to get it? And all of the players that DDOS and wintrade for titles are not even close to the 'tournament level players' I specifically mentioned in the other post.

Players like Flubbah or Talbadar couldn't care less if they didn't get their gladiator title, because everyone -knows- they're the best.

Also it is -not- my idea so stop trying to put a form of 'blame' on me. I think the idea is pretty good and, if well implemented, could be an improvement to the PvP scene, hence I defend the class specific part of the topic.
Posted Image

#39 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I personally would rather not have spec specific glad title, i think there would just too much implementation involved and many ppl would be forced to run few sets of gear for different specs :/
shut up pvp guy

#40 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 710
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostForumz, on 26 April 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Why do you view someone having to -choose 1- out of the 2 possibilities at all 'having more'. They don't have more. They can still only get 1 gladiator title. Like I said, you cannot just swap spec late-season because you need both the gear and the skill to play the other spec for .5%. If anything it's a 'pro' for pure-dps, because they won't have to think ''damn I might be making the wrong choice by going healer this season instead of dps.'' (even though that problem of choice doesn't even exist because it is still a percentage based title)

And you understand Reckful goes for those titles because he streams to 10k+ viewers who all expect him to get it? And all of the players that DDOS and wintrade for titles are not even close to the 'tournament level players' I specifically mentioned in the other post.

Players like Flubbah or Talbadar couldn't care less if they didn't get their gladiator title, because everyone -knows- they're the best.

Also it is -not- my idea so stop trying to put a form of 'blame' on me. I think the idea is pretty good and, if well implemented, could be an improvement to the PvP scene, hence I defend the class specific part of the topic.

you realize pvp happened before twitch right? Even people like talbadar ditch friends like azael when affliction took a dive. They play what will get them gladiator. Do you think every warlock rogue and shaman just happened to all be the best of friends in cata? How can u be so clueless to not think they get more options. For example if affliction is stronger than destro all the top gladiator spots are taken by affliction warlocks and you HAVE to go affliction even if you enjoy destro or not have access to titles. Feral/balance/resto druids can play what they enjoy

If you defend the idea you take on the responsibility in justifying your argument

titles bring in better opportunities via more experienced teammates access to tournaments and even financial gains through twitch nowadays.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<