• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Blizzard can obviously have a imagination and compensate classes for a nerf to cooldowns like shadowblades, frost orb and all of that. For example you could nerf frost orb by halfing the dmg it does per secong yet making last twice as long reducing burst but keeping up consistent damage for pve.

and yes, rogues can still solo you but PROPER nerfs they can be just as manageable.

I don't get why you are so agianst the idea of nerfing these classes for the sake of balance, maybe it's because your bias and want to be op cata style lock??? idk

i played both a warlock and resto druid in cata, while warlocks were strong they were not insane, they were good because were actually a threat to people, i'm not bias. i want a class that's enjoyable to play and doesn't fall over instantly to cleaves through 3 defense cds.

i dont even care about damage buffs, i'm happy with aff damage for the most part, a few minor dot buffs/haunt not costing a shard/being on a cool down via a set bonus would be fine with me.

what i'm NOT fine with is gateway, the ONLY THING making warlocks some what viable is now a joke, the thing isn't even healable.

i'm NOT ok with my class being forced to use lifetap, while all its self healing is gone, name 1 other caster that pays a price for infinite mana, it's horribly outdated.

i'm not ok with melee cleaves locking onto me and tunneling me start to finish because they know after my cds are down, (which 9/10 times have to be stacked just to survive) i'm a free kill.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#62 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

i played both a warlock and resto druid in cata, while warlocks were strong they were not insane, they were good because were actually a threat to people, i'm not bias. i want a class that's enjoyable to play and doesn't fall over instantly to cleaves through 3 defense cds.

i dont even care about damage buffs, i'm happy with aff damage for the most part, a few minor dot buffs/haunt not costing a shard/being on a cool down via a set bonus would be fine with me.

what i'm NOT fine with is gateway, the ONLY THING making warlocks some what viable is now a joke, the thing isn't even healable.

i'm NOT ok with my class being forced to use lifetap, while all its self healing is gone, name 1 other caster that pays a price for infinite mana, it's horribly outdated.

i'm not ok with melee cleaves locking onto me and tunneling me start to finish because they know after my cds are down, (which 9/10 times have to be stacked just to survive) i'm a free kill.

nerf hunters and rogues your cleaving dilema would be solved!!!!!!

#63 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

nerf hunters and rogues your cleaving dilema would be solved!!!!!!

heres the interesting thing, it isn't even thugcleave i get cleaved by, it's feral druids enhance shamans and warriors, i've taken gateway at 80% hp, had a feral barry sanders across the map in 2 seconds, maim me and then died before the maim ended. i would MUCH rather fight a rogue cleave than a warrior cleave at this point, i dont think i've beat a warrior cleave all season, i just die before i can move.

Edited by elorahnahimi, 24 April 2013 - 02:25 AM.

What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#64 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

heres the interesting thing, it isn't even thugcleave i get cleaved by, it's feral druids enhance shamans and warriors, i've taken gateway at 80% hp, had a feral barry sanders across the map in 2 seconds, maim me and then died before the maim ended.

but warriors and enhance shamans suck right now???? : /

#65 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

but warriors and enhance shamans suck right now???? : /

warriors do suck, when they fight real classes, sadly they still shred warlocks badly.

#66 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

warriors do suck, when they fight real classes, sadly they still shred warlocks badly.

they really shouldn't especially when most of them are in the sub 2k bracket XD

#67 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

they really shouldn't especially when most of them are in the sub 2k bracket XD

i think like every loss i have this season is to kfc or feral/hunter, most of the kfc games ended in under 45 seconds with the warrior doing like 4million single target damage to me, or the feral doing nearly as much.

#68 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

i think like every loss i have this season is to kfc or feral/hunter, most of the kfc games ended in under 45 seconds with the warrior doing like 4million single target damage to me, or the feral doing nearly as much.

Sounds like a team problem to me, of course they would shred you like that if your other dps partner did absolutely nothing to peel

#69 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Sounds like a team problem to me, of course they would shred you like that if your other dps partner did absolutely nothing to peel

you dont "peel" cleaves off warlocks, they just cross cc and instantly kill you as soon as your cds are down.

the damage is actually unhealable.

#70 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

you dont "peel" cleaves off warlocks, they just cross cc and instantly kill you as soon as your cds are down.

and how is that different than what cleaves to to every other class? especially ones with less defensives than warlocks?

#71 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

spriest gets cleaved twice as hard. Only thing saving them is mass dispel and life swap. This forum will be flood with spriests tears 5.3
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#72 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

I don't get why you are so agianst the idea of nerfing these classes for the sake of balance, maybe it's because your bias and want to be op cata style lock??? idk

You seem to be pretty biased against aff locks based on the fact that you play a holy paladin.  Do you play other healers?

#73 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostPitiless, on 24 April 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

You seem to be pretty biased against aff locks based on the fact that you play a holy paladin.  Do you play other healers?

I play a holy pally therefore i am biased? :S hahah

Anyway there is nothing in my argument that other classes should be nerfed to be around teir 2 like locks, rets ,etc that would say I am specifically biased towards locks. I am agianst any idea currently that any class needs to be buffed to hunter/rogue/mage opness. So you can called me biased to everyone, which doesnt make that much sense in the first place -.-

#74 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 24 April 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

and how is that different than what cleaves to to every other class? especially ones with less defensives than warlocks?

warlock defensives are not defensives, you have to stack them for them to do anything, and most of the time you end up using all of them in the first 30 seconds, i'd much rather have iceblock or void tendrils, or the priest vanish bullshit, or off healing/shields.

the point is warlocks die through every defensive they have, and this needs to be changed if gateway gets nerfed, oh and the fact you end up doing more damage to yourself than the other team does via lifetap.

#75 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

I play a holy pally therefore i am biased? :S hahah

Anyway there is nothing in my argument that other classes should be nerfed to be around teir 2 like locks, rets ,etc that would say I am specifically biased towards locks. I am agianst any idea currently that any class needs to be buffed to hunter/rogue/mage opness. So you can called me biased to everyone, which doesnt make that much sense in the first place -.-

buffs? i call them repairing a class, the play style is awful/clunky in pvp, dots tick for 2k damage and we get trained non stop.

buffing dot damage or haunt slightly wont put warlocks any where near hunters/rogues/mages.

#76 cokee4

cokee4
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/1/0/2/.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

dots did 2k dmg in wotlk with 30k health pools now 2 expansions later theres more then 10x the life and still 2k dots every expansion it seems our class gets dumbed down with no actual improvements just wait till next season for a buff and we get nothing or nerfs

if we're going to have shit damage we need good passive dmg reduction and meaningful hp gain back

felhunter dispel was so amazing they need to bring that back too lol low damage is cool but we need more survivability and tools not stupid shit like gateway

#77 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

So this thread basically got turned into r1 warlocks being told to "stfu and l2p" by random 2k rated players, saying that affli is fine and the class balance is okay. I guess that's why you meet a lock once in 20 arena matches.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#78 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostPersephones, on 24 April 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

I guess that's why you meet a lock once in 20 arena matches.

It's because they're all on AJ complaining B)

#79 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Warlocks are fine, if not above average right now. Damage could be better. The other  god classes (rogues/hunters/mages/shadow) just need to be toned down, which they are so far with spriests. Gateway is undeniably the single most broken ability in the game. I'm glad they're nerfing it.

The 10% damage buff may be enough to give us that extra boost, but we'll see.

I disagree with the drain soul on pets change, it should apply to shadowy apps but not for W.ele's / pets. While I'd like to see the playstyle go back to cata with soul link and no sb:ss, it isn't that bad right now. Adapt to the new playstyle.

People complain too much. I've seen only a handful of locks in this thread posting something meaningful and not "every lock agrees we suck"

On a side note, I feel like blood horror is ridiculously good but not many people spec it.

View Postbrosearch, on 23 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

lol at this shit. in cata we didnt solo a anything. there was absolutely nothing overpowered about our dmg in cata. It was very balanced in that we could cast a lot and pressure an entire team. if you didnt cast haunt and drain life a lot, your pressure was sub par.

mop dmg vs cata dmg is nearly 50% less. its a complete joke.

Not sure if you played the same game as me... warlock damage was retarded.

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Not sure where to begin with this one.

Edited by Poobandit, 24 April 2013 - 06:28 AM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#80 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostPoobandit, on 24 April 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

Warlocks are fine, if not above average right now. Damage could be better. The other  god classes (rogues/hunters/mages/shadow) just need to be toned down, which they are so far with spriests.

Should buff healers around Discs/hpalas and dps around Locks/Enhance shamans, would be close to a perfect game imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<