Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 23 April 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

in cata the only team that could easily heal through affliction damage was shamans because they were the only class that could just spam dispel your dots and stop your soul swaps.  no one else had it that easy in cata.

Also, I recently leveled a warlock, and I've been having a blast as affliction.  I don't understand what the big fuss is about.  The spread damage during demon soul is insane, and if you put yourselves in positions to succeed, you can beat most of the comps out there.

Just have fun, if you don't like the class, move on to something you find fun.  Me personally, I find affliction a blast to play because you can completely change the pace/momentum of a game by yourself with proper setup.
Every top lock finds his class shit i guess its just u, u must be so good at this game....

Edited by Skenz, 24 April 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#42 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostSkenz, on 24 April 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Every top lock finds his class shit i guess its just u, u must be so good at this game....
Yes he has no problem with any alt he plays be it lock, pala or warrior.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#43 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostBraindance, on 24 April 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Yes he has no problem with any alt he plays be it lock, pala or warrior.

You are right, I don't have any problem with any alt I play, and I have most classes. My bad for actually playing and enjoying my classes instead of bitching and moaning like everyone else does.

And no, not EVERY top lock finds the class shit, they have their downs just like every other class, and less ups, that doesn't mean you can't succeed.

Are you guys saying its bad that I enjoy my alts?  Should I just be a pissed off negative person like everyone else?

#44 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 April 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

You are right, I don't have any problem with any alt I play, and I have most classes. My bad for actually playing and enjoying my classes instead of bitching and moaning like everyone else does.

And no, not EVERY top lock finds the class shit, they have their downs just like every other class, and less ups, that doesn't mean you can't succeed.

Are you guys saying its bad that I enjoy my alts?  Should I just be a pissed off negative person like everyone else?
http://us.battle.net...ritchard/simple lol plz dont tell me mage is ur main class

#45 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

No you shouldn't and I am wholeheartedly happy for you, but unfortunately for people like skenz and nada being semi-viable and simply having fun is not quite an option.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#46 Wbushlol

Wbushlol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

ye go make a thread identical to this 1. give the ppl wat they want xD

But really, the topic of this thread should be reiterated: current affliction state on 5.3 PTR. It's the PTR. Did everyone forget what this means? It's not final yet, and I suspect that 5.3 is still a decent bit of time away from being live. If you want to be taken seriously, stop crying about your class not being "fixed" yet and be patient until the changes are live.

Until then, queue up some 3s, outplay people on your affliction locks. When u win, spam whisper other team saying LOL U LOST AGAINST AN AFFLICTION LOCK UR SO BAD and when you lose u just say to yourself that you only lost because of your class. Sounds like a pretty content and decent situation to be in for the time being until your buffs come, in whatever degree that they do.

#47 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostSkenz, on 24 April 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

http://us.battle.net...ritchard/simple lol plz dont tell me mage is ur main class

immediately resort to armory to somehow...what...insult me?  All i've done is cap my mage for 3 seasons now, and I play with friends and alts and randoms.   You linking my mages armory has literally 0 to do with anything rofl.

#48 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 April 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

immediately resort to armory to somehow...what...insult me?  All i've done is cap my mage for 3 seasons now, and I play with friends and alts and randoms.   You linking my mages armory has literally 0 to do with anything rofl.
Why are u even posting on a thread about game balance when u don't even play serious keep caping ur mage and get out of here. Anw i am done with you i dont even know why i am replying to you

Edited by Skenz, 24 April 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#49 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

rofl good thing you have no control over where and what i post.  And seeing as I posted and simply said I enjoy my lock, and that you can still do things plenty well to influence a game, I immediately just get told I'm bad because i don't play my mage seriously, rofl.

Maybe you should lighten up and actually enjoy a video game, instead of bitching about it constantly.

#50 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 April 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

rofl good thing you have no control over where and what i post.  And seeing as I posted and simply said I enjoy my lock, and that you can still do things plenty well to influence a game, I immediately just get told I'm bad because i don't play my mage seriously, rofl.

Maybe you should lighten up and actually enjoy a video game, instead of bitching about it constantly.

wtf has enjoying and settling for being shit have anything to do with actual balance and class strength? Bring your shitty ass logic out of here and make a video in bgs of how much fun you are having

because eif you would play anywhere close to 2.4k+ ratings you wouldnt be having this fun you speak of vs the majority of the teams you would face

TL;DR GTFO

yeah my stomach hurts and im in a shitty mood lmfao

#51 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 24 April 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

spreading dots that ticks for 2k while getting oneshotted by some MoP Hero thugbackpedallers in less than 2 sec is very fun Posted Image

Edited by Salutations, 24 April 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#52 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

pretty sure the gateway nerf is the final nail in the coffin, that gateway was the only thing keeping warlocks some what viable.

i doubt warlocks will stand a snowballs chance in hell of beating melee cleave comps next patch, they'll either die in the opener or their healer will die in the opener while immune to everything the warlock can do.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#53 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostSalutations, on 24 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Posted Image

View PostDakkrothy, on 24 April 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

yeah my stomach hurts and im in a shitty mood lmfao

Is that pic Elisha Cuthbert?

Edited by Conviqx, 24 April 2013 - 01:54 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#54 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Warlock whiner says "oh man i have to actually try and do single target dmg now, too hard too hard"

Plz, the only thing that has to be done is to nerf hunters, mages, rogues, and spriests in a manner that makes them on par with tier 2 classes like warlocks, ret paladins etc. NOT to make the the gods of arena agian like they were in cateclysm.....

which seems to be the #1agenda of all these whining rank 1 locks

Edited by Avarencex, 24 April 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#55 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

Warlock whiner says "oh man i have to actually try and do single target dmg now, too hard too hard"

Plz, the only thing that has to be done is to nerf hunters, mages, rogues, and spriests in a manner that makes them on par with tier 2 classes like warlocks, ret paladins etc. NOT to make the the gods of arena agian like they were in cateclysm.....

which seems to be the #1agenda of all these whining rank 1 locks

and that's the problem, even when you're TRYING TO DO DAMAGE, the damage isn't there, warlocks can't peel for healers very well, our damage outside of demon soul is dogshit, we're easy to train without gateway... what is it a warlock brings to the table once gateway is nerfed? i'm dying right now through defense cds to cleaves, what's going to happen when self healing is nerfed even more?

i'd be all for these changes if A, lifetap was removed and i had infinite mana like every other caster, B i actually had the ability to peel cleaves off my healer.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#56 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

and that's the problem, even when you're TRYING TO DO DAMAGE, the damage isn't there, warlocks can't peel for healers very well, our damage outside of demon soul is dogshit, we're easy to train without gateway... what is it a warlock brings to the table once gateway is nerfed? i'm dying right now through defense cds to cleaves, what's going to happen when self healing is nerfed even more?

i'd be all for these changes if A, lifetap was removed and i had infinite mana like every other caster, B i actually had the ability to peel cleaves off my healer.

You don't seem to be listening, if they nerf the current problem classes that cause you to shit your pants you will actually be able to pressure and have the time to peel for your healer.

what warlocks need are not buffs but nerfs to classes that too easily solo people on their own

Edited by Avarencex, 24 April 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#57 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

You don't seem to be listening, if they nerf the current problem classes that cause you to shit your pants you will actually be able to pressure and have the time to peel for your healer.

what warlocks need are not buffs but nerfs to classes that too easily solo people on their own

those classes are never going to be nerfed, they can't nerf damage because of pve, the only logical step is to make warlocks some what better, which can EASILY BE DONE via the pvp set bonus, and if they want to nerf gateway warlocks need to be given something else, or at least make the god damn thing healable, in what world will warlocks stand a chance vs any of these comps without gateway? you don't even have a very high chance of surviving WITH gateway.

#58 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

those classes are never going to be nerfed, they can't nerf damage because of pve, the only logical step is to make warlocks some what better, which can EASILY BE DONE via the pvp set bonus, and if they want to nerf gateway warlocks need to be given something else, or at least make the god damn thing healable, in what world will warlocks stand a chance vs any of these comps without gateway? you don't even have a very high chance of surviving WITH gateway.

They actually can, you realize that much of the dmg output these classes do are a on cooldown basis like rogues popping blades, hunters doing a power shot, mages killing someone in a deep freeze, these have almost nothing to do with a pve rotation that you seem to associate them with.

Pressure also comes from the outrageous crowd control these classes are capable of

these classes have the ability to lock people out on their own for outrageous amounts of time, like hunters with their pet swapping instant cc silence shot etc hunter dmg is manageable as long as they don't cc you. ogues cheaping into kidney into garrote etc. None of these have anything to do with pve

Edited by Avarencex, 24 April 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#59 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

They actually can, you realize that much of the dmg output these classes do are a on cooldown basis like rogues popping blades, hunters doing a power shot, mages killing someone in a deep freeze, these have almost nothing to do with a pve rotation that you seem to associate them with.

Other problems with these classes include the ability to lock people out on their own for outrageous amounts of time, like hunters with their pet swapping instant cc silence shot etc hunter dmg is manageable as long as they don't cc you. ogues cheaping into kidney into garrote etc. None of these have anything to do with pve

and you realize nerfing cool downs effects pve, right? and the problem isn't so much deep freeze as it is the mage mastery, which also cant be nerfed because of pve.

they did nerf cheap shot/garrote, it doesn't matter considering rogues are fully capable of killing you in 4-5 seconds from 100%.

so look at it like this, they nerf deep freeze because of mages mastery, mages no longer have the ability to get a kill in arena, now they have another broken class.

they nerf shadowblades. (which is a big part of pve rogue damage) you have pve hero rogues whining on the forums about how they do 3500 less dps now.

so why not just make a change everyone can be happy with, gateway is healable, lifetap removed/buff warlock mana regen via spells, i see no reason why warlocks have to be the only caster that pays a price for infinite mana.

why not tie in "haunt no longer costs a soul shard but now has a 7 second cool down" in the pvp set bonus?

why not buff dark regen/healthstone healing to make up for the nerfs that are coming?

Edited by elorahnahimi, 24 April 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#60 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

and you realize nerfing cool downs effects pve, right? and the problem isn't so much deep freeze as it is the mage mastery, which also cant be nerfed because of pve.

they did nerf cheap shot/garrote, it doesn't matter considering rogues are fully capable of killing you in 4-5 seconds from 100%.

Blizzard can obviously have a imagination and compensate classes for a nerf to cooldowns like shadowblades, frost orb and all of that. For example you could nerf frost orb by halfing the dmg it does per secong yet making last twice as long reducing burst but keeping up consistent damage for pve.

and yes, rogues can still solo you but PROPER nerfs they can be just as manageable.

I don't get why you are so agianst the idea of nerfing these classes for the sake of balance, maybe it's because your bias and want to be op cata style lock??? idk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<