Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

current affliction state on 5.3 PTR


  • Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#261 Segathor

Segathor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 42
  • Talents: Affliction 2/1/2/1/2/0

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 13 May 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

What if our 4 piece turned Malefic Grasp into a dot? Same but weaker effect, in addition to a buff to dot damage ofc.

thats actually a pretty good idea. dont mind going back to just dot everything and drain life things ..though i wish they would give shadowflame back considering our peels are shit against most melee teams when everyone can get out of fears

edit: they would still need to rework soulburn soulswap for that to happen though..

Edited by Segathor, 13 May 2013 - 10:38 AM.


#262 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 250
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

when every lock bands together to complaain of course im going to be the only one here speaking otherwise.

i think locks are fine right now and will be in a decent position come 5.3. the damage buff will go a long way to help with scoring kills. gate change i think is good, charges are made faster and 400k hp with casters resil won't be so easy to kill. the biggest problem atm imo is resto druid teams as affliction, it seems nearly impossible to land a kill

other lock comps migmht work better with other classes but lock variants are still good. locks shouldnt be the best in every variant of a comp

also wtf at "im not going to talk about the past". u started on that topic
This post just proves that you're not very aware of current warlock state. Yes, locks can succeed on decent ratings these days, it doesn't mean they're any good. The whole design is complete crap, it's just not fun nor strong. your 3k dots basically float about for no reason on every target possible, any slightest heal can outheal that. Not to mention you hardly ever cast. Dark Soul makes us half-useful for 20 seconds but that's it. If you think warlocks are in a good state right now, your imagination and expectations must be just crap. Locks CAN get carried by certain classes and have decent peels due to UA fears, but we're mostly just running around for no reason spamming some meaningless fears - that's how u should feel like against any good team. I really don't think you know what you're talking about if you t hink warlocks are in a "fine" state right now. They're not "fucking awful", but yeah you're completely missing the point of this thread if so. In all honesty, do u think what we have is a good design for a class?

#263 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 13 May 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

This post just proves that you're not very aware of current warlock state. Yes, locks can succeed on decent ratings these days, it doesn't mean they're any good. The whole design is complete crap, it's just not fun nor strong. your 3k dots basically float about for no reason on every target possible, any slightest heal can outheal that. Not to mention you hardly ever cast. Dark Soul makes us half-useful for 20 seconds but that's it. If you think warlocks are in a good state right now, your imagination and expectations must be just crap. Locks CAN get carried by certain classes and have decent peels due to UA fears, but we're mostly just running around for no reason spamming some meaningless fears - that's how u should feel like against any good team. I really don't think you know what you're talking about if you t hink warlocks are in a "fine" state right now. They're not "fucking awful", but yeah you're completely missing the point of this thread if so. In all honesty, do u think what we have is a good design for a class?

The design might not be the ideal affliction playstyle that existed in previous expansions but it's what we have for the rest of the expansion, and potentially for the following ones. It's halfway into the expansion. By now you should've been able to adapt to it and accept it. Instead, you whine all day about it (infact, before I even saw your post when I saw the name "duskfallx" I instantly knew you were going to cry more about locks).

Dark soul does not make you "half-useful" for 20 seconds. Stop making gross under exaggerations. Dark Soul is too good and makes locks damage gods for 20 seconds, especially considering how easy it is to get dots out. Damage needs to be shifted from dark soul to be more passive.

Warlocks are in a fine state. Other classes being retarded doesn't and should not have every other class buffed to compensate. This would result in a game with every class being brokenly overpowered for "balance".

Lock control is the best thing we have going for us atm. I don't know what game you're playing but my fear spamming is not meaningless by any means.

Whilst locks only are very good in comps where the 2nd dps can pretty much solo something, the 10% damage buff I think will be enough to offset the nerfs that are coming to those respective classes.

The design for the class is something that has actually grown on me. While some aspects are boring/lame, I think it's not that bad. I still prefer the old design for locks. But we're stuck with this for the rest of the expansion so stop complaining about it. The only gripe I have with the meta-game is how ridiculously good resto druids are against affliction. Not worried about hunters/spriests after patch.

The bolded section makes me laugh

Edited by Poobandit, 13 May 2013 - 03:18 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#264 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 250
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 13 May 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

The design might not be the ideal affliction playstyle that existed in previous expansions but it's what we have for the rest of the expansion, and potentially for the following ones. It's halfway into the expansion. By now you should've been able to adapt to it and accept it. Instead, you whine all day about it (infact, before I even saw your post when I saw the name "duskfallx" I instantly knew you were going to cry more about locks).

Dark soul does not make you "half-useful" for 20 seconds. Stop making gross under exaggerations. Dark Soul is too good and makes locks damage gods for 20 seconds, especially considering how easy it is to get dots out. Damage needs to be shifted from dark soul to be more passive.

Warlocks are in a fine state. Other classes being retarded doesn't and should not have every other class buffed to compensate. This would result in a game with every class being brokenly overpowered for "balance".

Lock control is the best thing we have going for us atm. I don't know what game you're playing but my fear spamming is not meaningless by any means.

Whilst locks only are very good in comps where the 2nd dps can pretty much solo something, the 10% damage buff I think will be enough to offset the nerfs that are coming to those respective classes.

The design for the class is something that has actually grown on me. While some aspects are boring/lame, I think it's not that bad. I still prefer the old design for locks. But we're stuck with this for the rest of the expansion so stop complaining about it. The only gripe I have with the current meta-game is how ridiculously good resto druids are against affliction.

The bolded section makes me laugh
You totally aren't aware though. You still don't understand most of the things you're doing are useless. I've seen cdew's stream of you playing shadowplay, the sole reason you were losing games is your class. You just don't seem to understand what wins games right now is the burst in short windows with CC on the healer. Warlock doesn't provide that, because their design is based around spreading low dmg around with instant casts on all targets, which doesn't work due to healing being so superior. I have no idea how you can't agree with that. Dark Soul doesn't make you a god at all. It's just a time u can actually drop targets significantly. It's good, yes, but it's nowhere as good as you make it out to be. Not sure how you can't agree with that. Don't know what's built up inside of your head, but it's not like you're doing well on the ladder and US ladders aren't exactly great right now either.

How that kind of playstyle could possibly grow on you? It's boring and basically makes us where we are right now. Imagine there was no soulswap, you would cast but you'd be rewarded by it. Wouldn't you prefer that instead? The way game works, that would be an ideal way to make warlocks what they're meant to be. I understand you like mindless spreading dots with instant casts with no one being able to stop you, but honestly, Affliction is probably most limited spec in the game right now, with that being the main reason for it. I agree, peels are good, but against good teams, it's simply not enough. Even Demonology has better potential of doing well right now.

About resto druid, they're godlike against every double caster. Not just affliction warlocks.

Edited by duskfallx, 13 May 2013 - 03:32 PM.


#265 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 13 May 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

You totally aren't aware though. You still don't understand most of the things you're doing are useless. I've seen cdew's stream of you playing shadowplay, the sole reason you were losing games is your class. You just don't seem to understand what wins games right now is the burst in short windows with CC on the healer. Warlock doesn't provide that, because their design is based around spreading low dmg around with instant casts on all targets, which doesn't work due to healing being so superior. I have no idea how you can't agree with that. Dark Soul doesn't make you a god at all. It's just a time u can actually drop targets significantly. It's good, yes, but it's nowhere as good as you make it out to be. Not sure how you can't agree with that. Don't know what's built up inside of your head, but it's not like you're doing well on the ladder and US ladders aren't exactly great right now either.

The first bolded section:

A lot of the games lost could've been played better. A lot of them were very close. There are only a handful of games where I think being a lock has actually made me lost the game and resulted in me complaining about it. I don't think it's fair to attribute every loss to being a lock.

The second bolded section just shows how completely clueless you are.
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#266 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 250
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 13 May 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

The first bolded section:

A lot of the games lost could've been played better. A lot of them were very close. There are only a handful of games where I think being a lock has actually made me lost the game and resulted in me complaining about it. I don't think it's fair to attribute every loss to being a lock.

The second bolded section just shows how completely clueless you are.
I agree none of you played perfect in these games, but your opponents played quite awful and won as well. They did countless mistakes, got away with it because you're not able to punish anyone anymore as affliction.
Secondly, I basically said you could be replaced by any other caster and you could win easily. Warlock is currently the worst caster class in the game.
The bolded section doesn't show anything but the truth, which you can't accept for some reason even though whole community doesn't seem to agree with you.

#267 osskar

osskar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 143
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2422

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Right now it doesnt even matter if warlock is doing dmg or not. Playing warlock is just not fun. Downloaded AT cata today, god how sick was cata seasons. You are actually casting, faking and your dmg matter, if warlock will stay as it is right now, I don't see point of playing retail anymore. All we can do is wait for next expansion.
Almost every class in this game have almost the same playstyle as it was in cata. Warlocks are fucking broken and if u are trying to defend that they are not u obvious like retarded playstyle without faking ( too hard ) ?

Edited by osskar, 13 May 2013 - 03:51 PM.


#268 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 89
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Everything about the class this expansion is shit - design, balance. Cant really enjoy playing the game as warlock.

#269 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

I agree none of you played perfect in these games, but your opponents played quite awful and won as well. They did countless mistakes, got away with it because you're not able to punish anyone anymore as affliction.
Secondly, I basically said you could be replaced by any other caster and you could win easily. Warlock is currently the worst caster class in the game.
The bolded section doesn't show anything but the truth, which you can't accept for some reason even though whole community doesn't seem to agree with you.

If our opponents made mistakes and we lost we probably made mistakes as well unless it was a specific comp. Counter comps have and always will exist in this game

Warlocks may be the worst caster class (when compared to shadow priests / mage, the only other 2 real casters. Not including ele/boom) but with the nerfs coming in 5.3 I think locks/spriests will be on quite an even level (mages need more changes).

The bolded section shows how clueless you are because it is a gross assumption. It's a blatant shit talk.

edit: holy shit i just noticed there are so many eu-outland locks complaining

Edited by Poobandit, 13 May 2013 - 04:00 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#270 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 250
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

There isn't a warlock that had a real contribution to the ladder unless they played on a shitty BG or got properly carried by their partners, like me. Even warlock skillcap is just horribly low.
And yeah, EU-Outland is most active server from the most active BG in the world, I have no connection with these people. I don't intend to offend you in any way, but you seem to have a need to be exceptional and disagree with very obvious facts about the class. Just don't see how you can't agree with that.
And my point stands, warlock is the worst caster. Even elemental shamans are stronger, paired with a mage they have overall more potential of doing better as a whole. Balance druids are quite good because of Beam being ridiculous so not even gonna argue about that.

#271 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 13 May 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

There isn't a warlock that had a real contribution to the ladder unless they played on a shitty BG or got properly carried by their partners, like me. Even warlock skillcap is just horribly low.
And yeah, EU-Outland is most active server from the most active BG in the world, I have no connection with these people. I don't intend to offend you in any way, but you seem to have a need to be exceptional and disagree with very obvious facts about the class. Just don't see how you can't agree with that.
And my point stands, warlock is the worst caster. Even elemental shamans are stronger, paired with a mage they have overall more potential of doing better as a whole. Balance druids are quite good because of Beam being ridiculous so not even gonna argue about that.


I disagree because I think warlocks will be in a good spot especially with the damage buff. I also consider the gateway change a buff, although it's a really gimmicky spell.

Warlocks being the worst caster is absolutely not true. There's no way an ele sham is better than a lock atm, maybe boom but I haven't seen a single one outside one team at high ratings
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#272 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 342
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Dunno met plently of elem mage druid teams, their burst and even sustained damage is really high

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#273 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 250
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 13 May 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I disagree because I think warlocks will be in a good spot especially with the damage buff. I also consider the gateway change a buff, although it's a really gimmicky spell.

Warlocks being the worst caster is absolutely not true. There's no way an ele sham is better than a lock atm, maybe boom but I haven't seen a single one outside one team at high ratings
Ele shamans are insanely strong if they play Mage/Ele/Disc or Rdruid. Has way more potential than any warlock comp you can think of. I also think US ladders aren't as active as the EU ones. Not saying it makes it contain better players, but more variety of good comps which you might not see on US.
I never said Gateway change will be bad, but can't tell yet how it's gonna turn out.

About the damage buff, in reality it's gonna be slightly less damage than now or about same, while all other classes will do 10%ish less damage. Healing will be nerfed as well, which is in my opinion biggest "buff", but I still think our damage will be very easily healed and we'll rely on our partners to burst things down. Maybe mana will matter more.
Tremor totem nerf would be a very nice change in order to make warlocks better, but I honestly don't think they'll be good enough and most importantly, fun.

Edited by duskfallx, 13 May 2013 - 04:28 PM.


#274 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3545
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 13 May 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I disagree because I think warlocks will be in a good spot especially with the damage buff. I also consider the gateway change a buff, although it's a really gimmicky spell.

Warlocks being the worst caster is absolutely not true. There's no way an ele sham is better than a lock atm, maybe boom but I haven't seen a single one outside one team at high ratings
1) You need also consider that not every lock plays with Khryl and Cdew everyday - perhaps that's why they disagree

2) From rumors, the gateway is healable. If that's the case it will make locks inferior only to mages. 3 second cast guarantees that you will get AT LEAST one every game. Imagine a melee cleave hitting you - you take the gate and they start killing the gate, but you are healing it from the other end of the arena. Imagine the possibilities

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#275 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 89
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 13 May 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I disagree because I think warlocks will be in a good spot especially with the damage buff. I also consider the gateway change a buff, although it's a really gimmicky spell.

Warlocks being the worst caster is absolutely not true. There's no way an ele sham is better than a lock atm, maybe boom but I haven't seen a single one outside one team at high ratings

It doesnt mean that if you get carried every game you queue by top players makes warlock "good caster". And ele shaman has way more viable comps than warlock currently.

#276 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostBreez, on 13 May 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

It doesnt mean that if you get carried every game you queue by top players makes warlock "good caster". And ele shaman has way more viable comps than warlock currently.

where do people get these assumptions that i play with the best every game? i play so many different comps and random shit with friends for fun and i still think the same way

how do ele shams have way more viable comps than locks atm? i haven't seen much of ele mage druid (which is p much the only comp) but it didn't seem as good as mls at all
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#277 Hektic

Hektic
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 60

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Destro locks are still in a very good spot and considered one of the top tier classes on korean servers believe it or not. Affliction would just benefit from a playstyle change as its more boring than weak. I'm not sure where this EU-Outland bandwagon whine is coming from, active or not it certainly isnt a hive of talented players like people are trying to portray. The EU scene has seen by far the biggest decline in player ability and the current 'active' bg is just full of mongoloid scandinavian teenagers playing godcomp or thugcleave, none of these people are in a position to judge anything.   ---- thread derailed

Edited by Hektic, 13 May 2013 - 04:59 PM.


#278 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 1787
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostHektic, on 13 May 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Destro locks are still in a very good spot and considered one of the top tier classes on korean servers believe it or not. Affliction would just benefit from a playstyle change as its more boring than weak. I'm not sure where this EU-Outland bandwagon whine is coming from, active or not it certainly isnt a hive of talented players like people are trying to portray. The EU scene has seen by far the biggest decline in player ability and the current 'active' bg is just full of mongoloid scandinavian teenagers playing godcomp or thugcleave, none of these people are in a position to judge anything.   ---- thread derailed
EX DEE

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#279 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3545
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostHektic, on 13 May 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Destro locks are still in a very good spot and considered one of the top tier classes on korean servers believe it or not. Affliction would just benefit from a playstyle change as its more boring than weak. I'm not sure where this EU-Outland bandwagon whine is coming from, active or not it certainly isnt a hive of talented players like people are trying to portray. The EU scene has seen by far the biggest decline in player ability and the current 'active' bg is just full of mongoloid scandinavian teenagers playing godcomp or thugcleave, none of these people are in a position to judge anything.   ---- thread derailed
This is the king of all posts.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#280 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 1787
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostBraindance, on 13 May 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

This is the king of all posts.
need a mongaloid scandinavian teenager to reply :(

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<