5.3 wont really fix things, in fact it'll most likely make it worse for a number of reasons;
- Our best partners are being nerfed, which further nerfs our class. There's no doubt that warlocks are currently being carried in the comps they play (You could be replaced by a certain other class and the comp would work better)
* Mages will take the hit - Holinka already tweeted about it - Nerfs MLX
* Unholy DKs are taking a damage hit - Nerfs Scleave
* Spriests are nerfed quite a lot - Nerfs Splay
- Gateway has gone from useful to very situational. It's much easier to get up in 5.3, however it'll have health. You might be able to cast it when your partner is in trouble, but will it be better than spam fearing? I don't think so, it'll still take 5 seconds after you've made the cast before your partner can use it.
- Spread pressure hasn't been the issue (Perhaps I'm biased for playing scleave), finishing people is the problem. You can do more or less nothing to finish a player, even drain souling someone with full dots is hardly scary. I find it better to spam fear on dps or even the healer and let my DK do the job.
- What's the point of spread pressure? Healers can easily deal with it despite being oom if their partners start to play semi defensive. Normally a healer can't heal when oom, but a warlock team is only 1½ dps at best.
Edited by Persephones, 12 May 2013 - 07:39 PM.