• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

your logic is fucking hilarious u want every class to be broken and brought up to the level of sp hunter mage (these classes are fucking the game atm if you hadnt noticed)?

take a moment, step back and think long and hard until a rational thought appears in your brain please

you are so retarded really, they nerfed sp's, and hunters a bit, so the only class that is above everyone is mage, and you cant nerf mage to the lvl of warlock or you will destroy the class cos mage is not a fucking dotter, stop saying bullshits, you dont have a fucking clue about game, deal with it, i wont be here whole day trying to make you understand how retarded you are, so now you can have the last word if you want i wont answer/read you anymore since you dont even lift.

as i said, have a good day

#242 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

you are so retarded really, they nerfed sp's, and hunters a bit, so the only class that is above everyone is mage, and you cant nerf mage to the lvl of warlock or you will destroy the class cos mage is not a fucking dotter, stop saying bullshits, you dont have a fucking clue about game, deal with it, i wont be here whole day trying to make you understand how retarded you are, so now you can have the last word if you want i wont answer/read you anymore since you dont even lift.

ROFL @ bold

on topic you actually are delusional and want locks to be buffed to compensate for other classes being op. there are changes that can be made to mages that would help lower their burst dmg. there are plenty of things that can be done.

i dont even think mages are that bad right now. i hate hunters more. incanters is so easy to purge
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#243 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

locks have amazing control. blood horror, howl / sf, cs and a spammable fear with instant appliable ua cover

the change they're making to BH not affecting pets will only help more, but i feel like blood horroring bm pets was a real thing so i have mixed feelings about this change

I agree but howl, blood horror, sf, cs, and fear are great. 3 out of 5 you have to spec for..... Hunters have prepable silence scatter and trap. They need to fix the burst then address the cc issue. Longevity needs to be the goal not burst. If kids want to see big numbers go pve.
Posted Image

#244 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2275
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

#245 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

5.3 wont really fix things, in fact it'll most likely make it worse for a number of reasons;

- Our best partners are being nerfed, which further nerfs our class. There's no doubt that warlocks are currently being carried in the comps they play (You could be replaced by a certain other class and the comp would work better)
* Mages will take the hit - Holinka already tweeted about it - Nerfs MLX
* Unholy DKs are taking a damage hit - Nerfs Scleave
* Spriests are nerfed quite a lot - Nerfs Splay

- Gateway has gone from useful to very situational. It's much easier to get up in 5.3, however it'll have health. You might be able to cast it when your partner is in trouble, but will it be better than spam fearing? I don't think so, it'll still take 5 seconds after you've made the cast before your partner can use it.

- Spread pressure hasn't been the issue (Perhaps I'm biased for playing scleave), finishing people is the problem. You can do more or less nothing to finish a player, even drain souling someone with full dots is hardly scary. I find it better to spam fear on dps or even the healer and let my DK do the job.

- What's the point of spread pressure? Healers can easily deal with it despite being oom if their partners start to play semi defensive. Normally a healer can't heal when oom, but a warlock team is only 1½ dps at best.

Edited by Persephones, 12 May 2013 - 07:39 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#246 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2081
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostPersephones, on 12 May 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

5.3 wont really fix things, in fact it'll most likely make it worse for a number of reasons;

- Our best partners are being nerfed, which further nerfs our class. There's no doubt that warlocks are currently being carried in the comps they play (You could be replaced by a certain other class and the comp would work better)
* Mages will take the hit - Holinka already tweeted about it - Nerfs MLX
* Unholy DKs are taking a damage hit - Nerfs Scleave
* Spriests are nerfed quite a lot - Nerfs Splay

- Gateway has gone from useful to very situational. It's much easier to get up in 5.3, however it'll have health. You might be able to cast it when your partner is in trouble, but will it be better than spam fearing? I don't think so, it'll still take 5 seconds after you've made the cast before your partner can use it.

- Spread pressure hasn't been the issue (Perhaps I'm biased for playing scleave), finishing people is the problem. You can do more or less nothing to finish a player, even drain souling someone would full dots is hardly scary. I find it better to spam fear on dps or even the healer and let my DK do the job.
Everyone best partners are getting nerfed, how do ppl not realize this, the whole ladder is going to change next patch.

#247 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postaugiddin, on 12 May 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Everyone best partners are getting nerfed, how do ppl not realize this, the whole ladder is going to change next patch.

Pretty much every single class has good burst - Affliction Warlocks don't. 2 dps killing someone next patch is still gonna be possible, but it's not solving the issues that we have, actually just making them worse due to mobility nerfs.

Basically, because of our extremely weak single target damage, we NEED to play with someone that can solo players. If our partners are nerfed and unable to solo, it'll hurt us far more than any other comp.

Edited by Persephones, 12 May 2013 - 07:49 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#248 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I still think gateway on PTR is better than live gateway, faster cast, 500k hp affected by the lock stats and can be healed.
Posted Image

#249 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

can you buff the gateway too? (aka hots/earth shield/priest shield etcs)

edit: i'd really rather have the gate not be healable or anything, would just be stupid..

Edited by Wallirik, 12 May 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#250 OOTIE

OOTIE
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postwodeta, on 12 May 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I still think gateway on PTR is better than live gateway, faster cast, 500k hp affected by the lock stats and can be healed.

pretty sure it can't be healed.

It isn't healable. I was talking about replacing it with a cast.
from Holinka's twitter

#251 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Next patch seems fun, every lock/druid team will have 2 players that can port themselves and a gate that makes everyone jump around

if mages stay like they are atm, there will be a lot of MLD/MLS imo

Edited by Conviqx, 12 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#252 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostOOTIE, on 12 May 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

pretty sure it can't be healed.

It isn't healable. I was talking about replacing it with a cast.
from Holinka's twitter

from the patch notes, it is healable.  and is meant to be that way.

i'm just curious if it works like totems.  For example, you can't frost bomb totems,   some dk abilities (howling blast etc), etc.  If gate works the same way its survivability will be pretty damn good, and if its almost dead you can just quickly get a new one up.

Edited by hairpiece, 12 May 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#253 OOTIE

OOTIE
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 12 May 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

from the patch notes, it is healable.  and is meant to be that way.

i'm just curious if it works like totems.  For example, you can't frost bomb totems,   some dk abilities (howling blast etc), etc.  If gate works the same way its survivability will be pretty damn good, and if its almost dead you can just quickly get a new one up.

I'm thinking there is some sort of confusion here, Holinka specifically stated that you can not heal it. You are however able to recast the gateway which moves it and therefore heals it to full, I personally do not consider this 'healing'. I also went through the patch notes and did not find anything about players being able to heal the gateway.
Could someone on PTR actually confirm this?

I'm not sure if this answers your question but you are able to apply dots to it.

Edited by OOTIE, 12 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#254 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostOOTIE, on 12 May 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

I'm thinking there is some sort of confusion here, Holinka specifically stated that you can not heal it. You are however able to recast the gateway which moves it and therefore heals it to full, I personally do not consider this 'healing'. I also went through the patch notes and did not find anything about players being able to heal the gateway.
Could someone on PTR actually confirm this?

I'm not sure if this answers your question but you are able to apply dots to it.

hmm, can't find anything either.  was almost certain i had seen that it was healable either in the notes or on twitter.  I still don't really think its that big a deal, with 400k hp and 100% of resil, combined with damage being nerfed,  it most likely wont even be worth it to kill the gate    asside from using spread damage seeing as how easy it will be to get back up.   Killing it by training the lock and spreading dots to it will definitely be a thing though.  Still will be plenty of ways to get the gate up though from small breaks while getting trained.

#255 OOTIE

OOTIE
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Holinka ‏@holinka
@DJwhitehat @PeteDonson Yes you can heal it to full and move it with a 3 second cast

You're probably thinking of this tweet, his wording is rather poor.
Nonetheless, I'd rather have it this way - players being able to heal it would be overkill

#256 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Well when i played on PTR, i could heal my warlock's gateway.
Posted Image

#257 osskar

osskar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2422

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Are you done with affliction pvp for 5.3? I am not playing ptr so i would love to know how do you think its performing atm.
We don't get a ton of PvP testing on smaller patches like this so most of our information is just player feedback. (Source)

We like Aff rotation in PvE, but we're worried that MG and SB:SS hold them back in PvP. Would rather just have strong dots.

Seems that they at least know whats wrong with warlocks ...

#258 OOTIE

OOTIE
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postwodeta, on 12 May 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Well when i played on PTR, i could heal my warlock's gateway.

Thank you for clearing that up, but could this be unintentional? Certainly I can't be the only one to think that this would make gateways too strong. Don't get me wrong, I am happy either way, but receiving buffs in other departments would be much more welcome.

#259 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

since you dont even lift.

HAhahAHAhaha bluckstack <3

#260 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2264
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

What if our 4 piece turned Malefic Grasp into a dot? Same but weaker effect, in addition to a buff to dot damage ofc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<