• Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

then you have a problem with the meaning of pure dps class xD

pure dps class in world of warcraft: class that have all the specs based on doing dmg, or class that cant do the roll of tank or healer.

pure dps class in world of wacraft: rogue, hunter, warlock, mage

so warrior is not a pure dps class, but for sure what doent make any sense is that you said that locks are not pure dps class xD
Pure dps class=does only damage

The "definition" you use is completely redundant since the start of cata.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#222 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

1. Destro is good in MLX
2. Affliction is average if not above average. It's definitely viable.
3. Cata lock was amazingly good

You srsly dont know what you are talking about, the only decent comp you can play as warlock nowadays its mls, doesnt matter the spec at all, the one with higher skillcap is probably with destro, followed by affly, ONLY that, i dont know what you usually face on US ladder's, i have never played on US ladders before, but here on europe you dont have a single chance to compete vs decent players with decent setups at all (decent players with decent setups means that you can get outshined by mages, sp sometimes, and hunters), and thats not based on what i think, its based on my experience, and the experience of different high top lock's in europe,

So here again, you keep saying stupid bullshits about what do you think, not fucking based on evidence, and talking shit's about the past when i really havent seen your name in any tournament or anything, "Cata lock was amazingly good".

I didnt have any intention of flame tho, just tired of people who thinks that know everything :P

btw: i never said that affliction is not viable, in fact it is, its just below average and thats something that needs to be fixed

Edited by Bluckstack, 12 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#223 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 12 May 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

What do the locks in this thread think about the abilities that cost health to use (other than lifetap (which costs too much health imo)) Unbound Will @ 20% of max life to use, Blood Horror @ 5%, seems kind of rediculous imo.

any of you locks have problems with those?

only don't like UBW - you can never use it against a majority of the teams that queue (vt/ua), would like slightly more self healing for quality of life

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

You srsly dont know what you are talking about, the only decent comp you can play as warlock nowadays its mls, doesnt matter the spec at all, the one with higher skillcap is probably with destro, followed by affly, ONLY that, i dont know what you usually face on US ladder's, i have never played on US ladders before, but here on europe you dont have a single chance to compete vs decent players with decent setups at all (decent players with decent setups means that you can get outshined by mages, sp sometimes, and hunters), and thats not based on what i think, its based on my experience, and the experience of different high top lock's in europe,

So here again, you keep saying stupid bullshits about what do you think, not fucking based on evidence, and talking shit's about the past when i really havent seen your name in any tournament or anything, "Cata lock was amazingly good".

I didnt have any intention of flame tho, just tired of people who thinks that know everything :P

you sound like a typical whiny ass person wtf lol. when did i talk shit about the past? cata locks were fucking gods and if you dont agree with that then you are biased and it's clearly leaking in to your thoughts on mop.

mls isn't the only decent comp. affliction can do just fine in a variety of comps. perhaps not top tier but at least t2 / very viable. yes mages spriests and hunters rape but if they get nerfed hard locks will be the gods again probably

and affliction isn't below average at all

Edited by Poobandit, 12 May 2013 - 06:06 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#224 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationGijón

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

only don't like UBW - you can never use it against a majority of the teams that queue (vt/ua), would like slightly more self healing for quality of life with tapping

you sound like a typical whiny ass person wtf lol. when did i talk shit about the past? cata locks were fucking gods and if you dont agree with that then you are biased and it's clearly leaking in to your thoughts on mop.

mls isn't the only decent comp. affliction can do just fine in a variety of comps

i didnt want to be rude, but you still dont notice that you are the only here who is still thinking that we are fine or something, or thats what people can read thought your posts, im not going to talk about the past, cos this is a post about current state of affliction in 5.3, so its no sense to talk about it.

btw : tell me some comp that is viable aswell with warlock, and i will tell you another comp replacing warlock with hunter/sp/mage/rogue/ele, that fits way better and why

Edited by Bluckstack, 12 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#225 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

i didnt want to be rude, but you still dont notice that you are the only here who is still thinking that we are fine or something, or thats what people can read thought your posts, im not going to talk about the past, cos this is a post about current state of affliction in 5.3, so its no sense to talk about it.

btw : tell me some comp that is viable aswell with warlock, and i will tell you another comp replacing warlock with hunter/sp/mage/rogue/ele, that fits way better and why

when every lock bands together to complaain of course im going to be the only one here speaking otherwise.

i think locks are fine right now and will be in a decent position come 5.3. the damage buff will go a long way to help with scoring kills. gate change i think is good, charges are made faster and 400k hp with casters resil won't be so easy to kill. the biggest problem atm imo is resto druid teams as affliction, it seems nearly impossible to land a kill

other lock comps migmht work better with other classes but lock variants are still good. locks shouldnt be the best in every variant of a comp

also wtf at "im not going to talk about the past". u started on that topic

Edited by Poobandit, 12 May 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#226 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2275
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

warlocks are fine and will continue to be fine in 5.3

#227 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Warlocks shouldn't be buffed based on Mages/Spriests, Mages and Spreists should be nerfed around Warlocks in their current state on the PTR

#228 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

the damage buff will go a long way to help with scoring kills.
It will help for sure.

gate change i think is good, charges are made faster and 400k hp with casters resil won't be so easy to kill.
Agreed. Assuming the bug on the PTR is fixed, I welcome the new gateway. So much easier to get up and have ready for a melee cleave opener.

the biggest problem atm imo is resto druid teams as affliction, it seems nearly impossible to land a kill
Fears are the best way to deal with them. Damage buff in 5.3 + healing nerf might help.

other lock comps migmht work better with other classes but lock variants are still good. locks shouldnt be the best in every variant of a comp
They're pretty comp dependant now. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Posted Image
       Just say no.

#229 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationGijón

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

when every lock bands together to complaain of course im going to be the only one here speaking otherwise.

i think locks are fine right now and will be in a decent position come 5.3. the damage buff will go a long way to help with scoring kills. gate change i think is good, charges are made faster and 400k hp with casters resil won't be so easy to kill. the biggest problem atm imo is resto druid teams as affliction, it seems nearly impossible to land a kill

also wtf at "im not going to talk about the past". u started on that topic

i wont keep answering if you keep saying retarded shits without even read me;

a) "locks shouldnt be the best in every variant of a comps": I never said it needs to be like this, i said that we dont have a comp, a single one in which we can do our roll better or at the same level of other classes":which is exactly the problem nowadays.

B) "im not going to talk about the past". u started on that topic": you are trolling me or something since the first thing i write today was due to people saying that lock's in mop soloed a single team and things like that.

#230 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

i wont keep answering if you keep saying retarded shits without even read me;

a) "locks shouldnt be the best in every variant of a comps": I never said it needs to be like this, i said that we dont have a comp, a single one in which we can do our roll better or at the same level of other classes":which is exactly the problem nowadays.

:duckers: "im not going to talk about the past". u started on that topic": you are trolling me or something since the first thing i write today was due to people saying that lock's in mop soloed a single team and things like that.

a) mls is probably the best comp and i would consider it t1. i'd argue that a lock could do just as well if not better than a shadow priest, especially in 5.3. shadowplays also good

:duckers: u said locks werent gods in cata because team  x  3-0'd shaman lock teams

it seems like your solution to other classes being better than locks is for locks to be brought up to their level, and not for them to be toned down to where locks are at

amazing logic

Edited by Poobandit, 12 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#231 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2081
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Bluk no class atm is the best variant in a comp outside of hunters,rogue,mages,spriests. All those classes need to come down we don't need classes buffed to their lvl.

#232 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

they aren't done yet, at least I keep telling myself that

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#233 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Locks might be the most consistent class in the game. However there are so many specs that have more upfront damage and doesn't promote longevity in a game.

What makes locks nonviable:

Healing being to high
Burst being to high that it requires healing to be to high
Loss of CC
Most talents that have drawbacks unlike other classes
Posted Image

#234 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostThaz, on 12 May 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Loss of CC

locks have amazing control. blood horror, howl / sf, cs and a spammable fear with instant appliable ua cover

the change they're making to BH not affecting pets will only help more, but i feel like blood horroring bm pets was a real thing so i have mixed feelings about this change

Edited by Poobandit, 12 May 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#235 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#236 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostConviqx, on 12 May 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

too bad he gets shot in the face, I would love more episodes with Gale Karaoke..

Edit: Spoiler Alert

Edited by Marshmellow, 12 May 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#237 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationGijón

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

a) mls is probably the best comp and i would consider it t1. i'd argue that a lock could do just as well if not better than a shadow priest, especially in 5.3. shadowplays also good

:duckers: u said locks werent gods in cata because team  x  3-0'd shaman lock teams

it seems like your solution to other classes being better than locks is for locks to be brought up to their level, and not for them to be toned down to where locks are at

amazing logic

you are not even funny anymore when you tell me about logic saying that blizz needs to nerf all the classes that are better than warlocks instead of give locks something else, anyways i dont have any desire of make you change your mind, no one pays me for it, have a good day

#238 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

you are not even funny anymore when you tell me about logic saying that blizz needs to nerf all the classes that are better than warlocks instead of give locks something else, anyways i dont have any desire of make you change your mind, no one pays me for it, have a good day

your logic is fucking hilarious u want every class to be broken and brought up to the level of sp hunter mage (these classes are fucking the game atm if you hadnt noticed)?

take a moment, step back and think long and hard until a rational thought appears in your brain please

having those 3 classes toned down (haven't seen if mages are getting nerfed yet) would go a long way to balancing the game, which they have done so far for 2/3

Edited by Poobandit, 12 May 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#239 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostBluckstack, on 12 May 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

your logic is fucking hilarious u want every class to be broken and brought up to the level of sp hunter mage (these classes are fucking the game atm if you hadnt noticed)?

take a moment, step back and think long and hard until a rational thought appears in your brain please
This is a thread about how locks are on the PTR

Those wall o' text you both write have nothing to do with it.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#240 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 12 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Some people think they aren't viable if the class they are playing isn't brokenly overpowered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<