• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostConviqx, on 23 April 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

You locks just want to be able to solo a whole team again like in cata, aint gonna happen

lol at this shit. in cata we didnt solo a anything. there was absolutely nothing overpowered about our dmg in cata. It was very balanced in that we could cast a lot and pressure an entire team. if you didnt cast haunt and drain life a lot, your pressure was sub par.

mop dmg vs cata dmg is nearly 50% less. its a complete joke.

#22 diglett23

diglett23
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2212

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

So Melee might actually be better than Casters for a season?

This can't be!

On topic, As a Hpally healing through warlocks is pretty scary even when they don't have Demon Soul, When Demon soul is up its super scary. The main problem I See with lock is how easy it is to cleave them. Gate makes it annoying to kill them, but with the change to gate they will just get cleaved even harder. TBH give back Soul link and maybe slightly buff damage and locks will be fine.

#23 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

nvm dal/blades edge changes still there

#24 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

It's pathetic that people feel that their class needs to be buffed when in reality it's the 4 god classes that need toning down to the lvl of everyone else as in spriests, hunters, rogues and mages.

Just as a fyi to everyone, just because four other classes can pretty much solo people doesnt mean everyone else should too!!!! we actually don't want that lol

all in all warlocks are at the point where every class should be, not incredibly overpowered but still strong and they don't need to be cata version rot the whole team by themselves

Edited by Avarencex, 23 April 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#25 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 23 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

lol at this shit. in cata we didnt solo a anything. there was absolutely nothing overpowered about our dmg in cata. It was very balanced.

lol at THIS shit

Edited by Conviqx, 23 April 2013 - 08:20 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#26 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Most warlocks indeed seem to think they should be able to drop entire enemy team to almost-death status completely by themselves, like we used to do.

#27 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostConviqx, on 23 April 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

lol at THIS shit

He is right, we weren't OP during others expansions, just balanced. That said, heroic cunning was a joke.

Edited by Salutations, 23 April 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#28 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostAvarencex, on 23 April 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

It's pathetic that people feel that their class needs to be buffed when in reality it's the 4 god classes that need toning down to the lvl of everyone else as in spriests, hunters, rogues and mages.

Just as a fyi to everyone, just because four other classes can pretty much solo people doesnt mean everyone else should too!!!! we actually don't want that lol

all in all warlocks are at the point where every class should be, not incredibly overpowered but still strong and they don't need to be cata version rot the whole team by themselves

Posted Image

#29 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

If those "four other classes" get heavy nerfs, it'll nerf our class as well. We're more or less being carried in the comps that make us viable. The only reason we're there is for half decent spread damage, but mainly our CC. If our partners aren't able to deal retarded damage, we'll never really score a kill.

Fx when playing shadowcleave, I'm really just there to either cc the dps to prevent the dk from being peeled while he globals the shaman, or for him to kill something else while I cc the healer. UA preventing diseases from being dispelled is good as well.

Edited by Persephones, 23 April 2013 - 08:56 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#30 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 23 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

lol at this shit. in cata we didnt solo a anything. there was absolutely nothing overpowered about our dmg in cata. It was very balanced in that we could cast a lot and pressure an entire team.
are u trolling?nothing overpowered?then why the hell all u met back in cata was lock rsham x?there should be a reason mmmmm can any1 guess?

#31 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

are u trolling?nothing overpowered?then why the hell all u met back in cata was lock rsham x?there should be a reason mmmmm can any1 guess?

I take it reading comprehension isnt your strong point. I said our Damage wasnt overpowered. Locks were indeed op in cata but not because of our dmg.

#32 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostAvarencex, on 23 April 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#33 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

People cry about classes for the wrong reasons because they don't understand mechanics. Lock shaman SYNERGY in cata was too strong.  
Aff only rotted a team if their partner did a lot of damage because one aff lock is actually so easily outhealed it's pathetic.
Nobody is asking to solo a team but lock damage isn't so much the problem.

Lock survival lacks, outside of CDs destro is the only class that can be defensive and that requires sacing your damage aka chaos bolts.

#34 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

in cata the only team that could easily heal through affliction damage was shamans because they were the only class that could just spam dispel your dots and stop your soul swaps.  no one else had it that easy in cata.

Also, I recently leveled a warlock, and I've been having a blast as affliction.  I don't understand what the big fuss is about.  The spread damage during demon soul is insane, and if you put yourselves in positions to succeed, you can beat most of the comps out there.

Just have fun, if you don't like the class, move on to something you find fun.  Me personally, I find affliction a blast to play because you can completely change the pace/momentum of a game by yourself with proper setup.

#35 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

A Warlock can full DoT a team in <2.6 seconds with no casting. I don't think you deserve to have the DoT damage you had in Cata.

#36 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostWallirik, on 23 April 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Most warlocks indeed seem to think they should be able to drop entire enemy team to almost-death status completely by themselves, like we used to do.
shhh, you will make duskfall have a brain aneurysm :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#37 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 23 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

I take it reading comprehension isnt your strong point. I said our Damage wasnt overpowered. Locks were indeed op in cata but not because of our dmg.
orly?then what made them be able to take down a whole team by spreading aids to them?Ur so clueless yet ur posting .

#38 helpx

helpx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2383
  • 3v3: 2981
  • 5v5: 2607
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Remove gateway from arena and buff surviability to compensate, having to rely on gateway is stupid imo.

#39 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostAndylulz, on 23 April 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Remove gateway from arena,  gateway is stupid.

Posted Image

#40 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 23 April 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

in cata the only team that could easily heal through affliction damage was shamans because they were the only class that could just spam dispel your dots and stop your soul swaps.  no one else had it that easy in cata.

Also, I recently leveled a warlock, and I've been having a blast as affliction.  I don't understand what the big fuss is about.  The spread damage during demon soul is insane, and if you put yourselves in positions to succeed, you can beat most of the comps out there.

Just have fun, if you don't like the class, move on to something you find fun.  Me personally, I find affliction a blast to play because you can completely change the pace/momentum of a game by yourself with proper setup.

I think the problem is entirely in your last couple sentences.  Affliction used to be able to have larger long term effects on the momentum of a game than other specs, because of the structure of our damage (being spread out over time).  This has been hugely reduced in MoP, and (with some exceptions) the only time you can really have a large long term effect on the momentum of a game is with Dark Soul.  Not only that, SB:SS makes it so that getting DoTs up is often not even a matter of casting, which means that the difference in pressure between actually completing casts and not completing casts is much smaller than it used to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<