Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostPersephones, on 28 April 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

its bothering me that you're posting flat out shit, yes, its not contributing to anything because you're claiming insanely biased shit

nobody has been asking to be promoted to godstatus, we're simply stating that 10% dot damage (which barely balances out the -25% corr nerf we received a while back) wont equalize the heavy nerf to gateway + changes to maps which directly nerfs warlocks survivability/kitability furthermore

for the record I dont see unholy dks aoeing teams down with their 20-30k critting diseases, and that's soooo far away from what we're asking for, our dots crit for 6-7k at max

Ya ok first thing is warlocks do damage to opponents a different way than they did in the past i.e malefic grasp so your DoT nerf is irrelevant.

Another thing is if you rely on getting blade's edge and sewers to win games then your doing something wrong especially when nargrand and tolvir are the most balanced arenas currently in the game.

Also your numbers on Dk DoT's are hilarious. Are you getting these numbers from when you leave the arena and see a DoT CRIT from a dk hit your for 20k???? Well then it would be true since the DoTs are bugged from that point on.

Anyway the only thing you ever contributed to this forum is "10% buff not enough" or "You're not a warlock gtfo" or "We suck"

View Postduskfallx, on 28 April 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

stop bitching guys

Ya you were playing agianst a mage spec'd into flamglow : / unfortunate

Edited by Avarencex, 28 April 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#183 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

My numbers on DK dots are hilarious? - http://imgur.com/DYN1U4p
I play scleave on my warlock, I know perfectly well what kind of damage my dk partner is caple of producing, ty.

And I don't think I stated that we falt out "suck", I'm just saying we need more than just 10% dot damage to function properly. There's a reason you see a lock once every 20th arena game.

Edited by Persephones, 28 April 2013 - 08:08 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#184 Malvagitaqt

Malvagitaqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1539

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Affliction is HORRIBLE and the damage is laughable. Anyone saying different either gets shit on in arena by an aff lock and must protect his ego or is retarded. Don't worry though, the 400 damage increase to my UA will fix everything.
W L D

#185 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 28 April 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Ya ok first thing is warlocks do damage to opponents a different way than they did in the past i.e malefic grasp so your DoT nerf is irrelevant.

Another thing is if you rely on getting blade's edge and sewers to win games then your doing something wrong especially when nargrand and tolvir are the most balanced arenas currently in the game.

Also your numbers on Dk DoT's are hilarious. Are you getting these numbers from when you leave the arena and see a DoT CRIT from a dk hit your for 20k???? Well then it would be true since the DoTs are bugged from that point on.

Anyway the only thing you ever contributed to this forum is "10% buff not enough" or "You're not a warlock gtfo" or "We suck"

Ya you were playing agianst a mage spec'd into flamglow : / unfortunate

you'd think that, but sadly corruption ticks for like 1.2. 1.4k on normal players as well, the entire aff design in mop is just REALLLLY bad for pvp.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#186 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

They should just combine corruption and agony damage and we should only have UA and that dot... At least that way we have more time to run away from melee and our damage is a slight bit more bursty.

#187 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/0/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2514
  • 5v5: 1531
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

10% dot buff, and a PvP power nerf would equal no increase?  Any locks on ptr confirm / deny as I don't play ptr.

Edited by Sascatuan, 30 April 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#188 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Just curious how do warlocks think destro and demo are viable wise i don't enjoy bm at all but it is the best of the 3 specs. I assume this guy has to be playing destro and not aff for his team. http://us.battle.net...andicapped ofc/
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#189 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

He plays aff
Posted Image

#190 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostFilthpig, on 30 April 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

They should just combine corruption and agony damage and we should only have UA and that dot... At least that way we have more time to run away from melee and our damage is a slight bit more bursty.

that would be interesting, because i don't even think it's possible to survive a kfc or thugcleave that actually tunnels you right now.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#191 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I see very few if nobody at all complaining about the gateway bug? Right now if you click the gateway during a root/stun/silence it bugs out and you're unable to port for 15 secs despite having no debuff. Yeah you can watch your debuffs to only click it when you're clean, but at times you get random shit thrown at you the very same second, it's super annoying when your healer is already positioning himself in anticipation for a gateway port but jk dead.

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostPersephones, on 06 May 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

I see very few if nobody at all complaining about the gateway bug? Right now if you click the gateway during a root/stun/silence it bugs out and you're unable to port for 15 secs despite having no debuff. Yeah you can watch your debuffs to only click it when you're clean, but at times you get random shit thrown at you the very same second, it's super annoying when your healer is already positioning himself in anticipation for a gateway port but jk dead.

this a bug or change? cus on live i ported in a kidney bomb, i feelt pro

#193 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Only roots cause this bug, it has existed as long as gateway has, then there's the dc bug when you use portal at the same time you get rooted.
Posted Image

#194 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

fixed the dc bug, at least i've gotten 0 dcs since 5.2, and i dcd maybe twice/game vs mages in 5.1 lol

#195 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostSascatuan, on 06 May 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Only roots cause this bug, it has existed as long as gateway has, then there's the dc bug when you use portal at the same time you get rooted.

dunno my partners have complained multiple times that they're unable to port due to either being stunned/rooted/silenced as they click it, personally I've only experienced it during a root

#196 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Has anyone actually played some arena on PTR?  I've been trying to, but have hit a patching problem (failed to apply patch?!).

If anyone has, thoughts?  It sort of seems like 5.3 is a net nerf for Affliction, unfortunately.  Although maybe the new lower cast time gateway can save us.

#197 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

It's is not possible to get 3s going on PTR, no one plays it. I am not sure about the competence about the locks I faced in 2s but, it felt same as live, they were doing very weak damage outside cds.

#198 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostNadagast, on 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Has anyone actually played some arena on PTR?  I've been trying to, but have hit a patching problem (failed to apply patch?!).

If anyone has, thoughts?  It sort of seems like 5.3 is a net nerf for Affliction, unfortunately.  Although maybe the new lower cast time gateway can save us.

I played some the other day. Damage is toned down a bit, but you can still get gibbed. This dancing around with pvp power and shit, I don't know why they just didn't bring back crit reduction on resil. I know the curve would be hard to implement but resilience isn't even on gear any more. They are moving more and more to the pvp realm like GW2, which is fine with me.
Posted Image

#199 Bigpapapump

Bigpapapump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

and you realize nerfing cool downs effects pve, right? and the problem isn't so much deep freeze as it is the mage mastery, which also cant be nerfed because of pve.

they did nerf cheap shot/garrote, it doesn't matter considering rogues are fully capable of killing you in 4-5 seconds from 100%.

so look at it like this, they nerf deep freeze because of mages mastery, mages no longer have the ability to get a kill in arena, now they have another broken class.

they nerf shadowblades. (which is a big part of pve rogue damage) you have pve hero rogues whining on the forums about how they do 3500 less dps now.

so why not just make a change everyone can be happy with, gateway is healable, lifetap removed/buff warlock mana regen via spells, i see no reason why warlocks have to be the only caster that pays a price for infinite mana.

why not tie in "haunt no longer costs a soul shard but now has a 7 second cool down" in the pvp set bonus?

why not buff dark regen/healthstone healing to make up for the nerfs that are coming?

Sorry this is a discussion about PTR. Please tell me what rogue killed you in 4-5 seconds with the cs/garrote nerf, double c&d nerf, and the find weakness nerf. Maybe you should find your cooldowns or reroll. Even with blades/shd/proc pvp trinket, orc racial, and engi gloves I have trouble killing a lock on ptr. Granted thats sub, now as mut you can nullify a chunk of that poison damage via 80k magical absorb shield -- so you want me to believe a mutilate rogue did 650k+ damage to you in 4 seconds. Seems legit.

Edited by Bigpapapump, 07 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#200 Saafine

Saafine
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/2/0/1

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Did anybody notice that gate is not working in arenas on PTR? Very often stacks just don't appear for the whole game.

Please, go to http://eu.battle.net...ic/7427364110#1 and report the bug. We need it fixed asap.

Edited by Saafine, 11 May 2013 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<