• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostThaya, on 27 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

I do get what you mean: i.e. looking at a short timeframe (kill opportunity), class A bursts while our dots are just slowly ticking. Yes, the bursting class will lose more damage done here in absolute numbers.

But what I was getting at is, now there will be no combinations where our dot damage will be enough to EVER land a kill during those short time frames, and the fact that other classes won't be able to solo shit and cover our disadvantages makes it even worse for us. (Vast exaggerating, intended as example.)

Noamsayin?

View PostEnim, on 27 April 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I can see why you think this makes sense. I'll explain why it doesn't.

If you have too much damage already, and get a "minor" damage nerf chances are that this nerf won't affect your ability to be able to kill someone.

If you have too low damage and you get a "minor"(same % but I do understand how you think) damage nerf chances are that you will not be able to kill a target, as you barely were able prenerf.

I'm not saying I know anything about lockdamage, I really don't. But your logic isn't actually logic.
What I am trying to say, is that this change in power will have a much more profound effect on classes like mages and warrior, whilst at the same time, it's a good boost to your survivability against melee setups. Besides, the problem with lock damage doesn't really stem from power. So all in all, this might as well be an indirect buff to locks (comparative to other classes).

Dunno, if I explained it well enough - let me know.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#162 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

5.3 next week ?

#163 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostPersephones, on 27 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

So a 10% buff to dot damage was laughable bad, but a 10% nerf to our dots is omfg? I don't get it?

Edit: Healing is being nerfed too with battle fatigue.
Yes, because 10% buff isn't enough, and nerfing something that's already hella shit is omfg. How come you don't get it?

View PostBraindance, on 27 April 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

What I am trying to say, is that this change in power will have a much more profound effect on classes like mages and warrior, whilst at the same time, it's a good boost to your survivability against melee setups. Besides, the problem with lock damage doesn't really stem from power. So all in all, this might as well be an indirect buff to locks (comparative to other classes).

Dunno, if I explained it well enough - let me know.
How come it "doesn't stem from power" when power is a direct modifier to all of our (and everyone elses) damage?

If you look at every class in vacuum then what you say is true. But don't ignore the full context of 3v3. What I'm trying to say is that exactly for the reason of those other, more bursty, classes losing more from their burst, it'll be harder to kill anything with burst+dots, so people will prefer comps that are burst+burst.

Survivability is completely irrelevant here because everybody else will get the exact same benefit, and we need increases in offense much more than we need increases in defense (in my opinion). Besides, talking about this further will be changing subject.

I don't know how else I can explain it. I have a post about this exact same thing on the general forum too, and 2 here.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#164 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Perhaps people just don't agree and share your point of view?

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#165 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostPersephones, on 28 April 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Perhaps people just don't agree and share your point of view?
If that was the case I wouldn't even bother. What he's saying is correct if you isolate every class, a mage or a warrior loses more in absolute damage.

I am only putting it in context of 3v3.

#166 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostThaya, on 28 April 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

If that was the case I wouldn't even bother. What he's saying is correct if you isolate every class, a mage or a warrior loses more in absolute damage.

I am only putting it in context of 3v3.
Yes, but you forget that the power change will affect healing as well, so it will be harder to kill anything through dots and burst, but it will be easier to kill it through healing compared to now.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#167 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

If I was forgetting that it reduces healing too, I wouldn't even try to compare it to an EHP buff.

#168 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's a huge mistake to buff DoT damage to a level that you guys will be satisfied with. It's either you solo an entire team by yourself or you don't and blizzard has decided to make it so you can't do that and emphasized single target damage. Warlocks can already double the next highest persons damage in arena, what makes you think amplifying that would be ok???

#169 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/0/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2514
  • 5v5: 1531
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

What is everyone's obsession with warlocks overall end of game damaged?  Hunters will never top the charts over a lock yet they are doing dramatically more meaningful damage.
Posted Image

#170 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostSascatuan, on 28 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

What is everyone's obsession with warlocks overall end of game damaged?  Hunters will never top the charts over a lock yet they are doing dramatically more meaningful damage.

the moment you make DoTs the meaningful type of damage you want, you end up killing the entire enemy team by yourself.

#171 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

its been said time and time again that most locks want the removal of instant dotting from sb sswap, its also been said that there is zero reward from casting dots vs instantly applying them.
Posted Image

#172 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostSascatuan, on 28 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

its been said time and time again that most locks want the removal of instant dotting from sb sswap, its also been said that there is zero reward from casting dots vs instantly applying them.

you get the reward from casting malefic grasp and haunt, so wow you are casting but now it's only killing one target instead of everyone.

long story short, adapt to the new playstyle like chanimals said, MoP isn't supposed to be the same as every other expansion

#173 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Clearly youre not in the warlock thread to do anything other than tell us why our class is fine, so why even post in this thread?
Posted Image

#174 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostSascatuan, on 28 April 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Clearly youre not in the warlock thread to do anything other than tell us why our class is fine, so why even post in this thread?

I thought forums were for discussing and not for classes to gather together and whine collectively by themselves.

#175 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

why do you even post here lol

you're not discussing shit, you're obviously insanely biased vs locks cause you play paladin and think warlocks are fine because tournament/pro gamers can make it work

Edited by Persephones, 28 April 2013 - 07:44 PM.

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#176 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostPersephones, on 28 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

you're not discussing shit, you're obviously insanely biased vs locks cause you play paladin and think warlocks are fine because tournament/pro gamers can make it work

so you're saying its a L2P issue then?
Posted Image

#177 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostPersephones, on 28 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

To provide an opposing point of view, or does it bother you that you can't just cry on each others shoulders all day long without someone disagreeing with you

And what does me playing paladin have to do with me being biased? you want to elabarate on that??? why wouldn't priests druids or shams be biased? plz explain

Edited by Avarencex, 28 April 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#178 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

so you're saying its a L2P issue then?

if you want affly to work you need to play with disgustingly good healers and sick dps classes that can solo something

theres no other "proper" class in the game that requires so much babysitting and so good partners to function well

#179 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostPersephones, on 28 April 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

if you want affly to work you need to play with disgustingly good healers and sick dps classes that can solo something

theres no other "proper" class in the game that requires so much babysitting and so good partners to function well

Oh plz there are boomkins, rets, eles, warriors etc don't make this a sob story for just the warlock class XD

#180 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostAvarencex, on 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

To provide an opposing point of view, or does it bother you that you can't just cry on each others shoulders all day long without someone disagreeing with you

its bothering me that you're posting flat out shit, yes, its not contributing to anything because you're claiming insanely biased shit

nobody has been asking to be promoted to godstatus, we're simply stating that 10% dot damage (which barely balances out the -25% corr nerf we received a while back) wont equalize the heavy nerf to gateway + changes to maps which directly nerfs warlocks survivability/kitability furthermore

for the record I dont see unholy dks aoeing teams down with their 20-30k critting diseases, and that's soooo far away from what we're asking for, our dots crit for 6-7k at max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<