• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostConviqx, on 25 April 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

i saw nada's stream yesterday, doing quite a lot more dmg than everyone else in every arena a lot of the times, dunno bout u but i feel like the 10% increase will be more than enough pared with some nerfs to other classes like rogues, hunters and spriests

seriously though, what do u warlocks want? are u so used to being insanely strong every expansion? u have running while casting fears, howl, your overall dmg seems fine for an aoe pressure spec, u have decent survive with regen, pet sac and port i just dont see what u need more, i really don't.

I guess all people want in this expansion is retard dmg

it seems like u guys feel entitled to being gods every expansion
that must be the most retarded post I've seen here filled with absolute lack of clue about this game

#142 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostConviqx, on 25 April 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

how am i insulting warlocks lol, im pointing out that your dmg in cata was disgusting and that u should adjust to not being able to aoe a whole team down by yourself with good control on top of that.

locks want to see themselves doubling the dmg from the other team without a lock combined again, stop and realise that for a sec, and get your head out of the clouds

im not saying locks are anywhere near op atm, just adjust and stop wanting to be gods again which u where for  years
So that you understand - damage is good but pressure sucks. Why? It's very easy to get the whole team dotted therefore dots have almost 100% uptime doing good dps. What they are asking for, is for dots to do more damage with less uptime e.g. by reintroducing casting. So if you're a good lock you will do both good damage and good pressure, and if you're not so good you will only do damage.

Damage=/=pressure

It's much easier to heal 3 people taking 6k dps each, than 3 people taking 10k, 5k and 3k dps each. The dps is the same the pressure is different.

K?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#143 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostPersephones, on 25 April 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Rake ticks for 30k, DK diseases tick for 20k+, moonkin dots 6k+, etc etc. I find it funny that the "dot spec/class" got the lowest hitting dots in the game. Affli got absolutely zero burst, so dots aka sustained damage should be what we do best.

You exaggerate alot, doesn't make for a good argument

#144 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Which of the numbers are exaggerated lol?

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#145 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 25 April 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

that must be the most retarded post I've seen here filled with absolute lack of clue about this game

i always smile when i see stuff like "lalal most retarded post ever" without any counter arguments whatsoever.

tell me where i'm wrong. when 5,3 comes and other classes are toned down and u get some buffs, how are u, as all the "top" locks are saying atm, still gonna be extremely dog shit with no dmg while even now (in this EXTREMELY BAD PATCH FOR LOCKS) there are 5 locks above 2,4k out of the 13 teams on misery, but i guess thats just random as fuck and doesn't mean anything amiright

jesus christ locks are the most biased people i have ever seen.
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#146 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

as nadagast put it, 10% increased damage vs garbage gateway, ramps on maps which makes port severely weaker etc

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#147 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostConviqx, on 25 April 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

tell me where i'm wrong. when 5,3 comes and other classes are toned down and u get some buffs, how are u, as all the "top" locks are saying atm, still gonna be extremely dog shit with no dmg while even now (in this EXTREMELY BAD PATCH FOR LOCKS) there are 5 locks above 2,4k out of the 13 teams on misery, but i guess thats just random as fuck and doesn't mean anything amiright

A few points:
1.  5 Locks above 2.4k out of the top 13.  Even if we grant that arena representation is a strong indicator of balance, (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't) I don't think representation on one random BG and with some random cutoff rating is a good data point for anything.  There is no argument: Warlock (especially Affliction) representation is low.

2.  Just because some classes are being nerfed and we are getting buffs doesn't mean we will automatically be good next patch.  The magnitude of the buffs matters!  If we get +1% damage and Mages got -1% damage, would we be balanced next patch?  Obviously not.  The Warlocks on here are making judgements and predictions about the next arena season based on what we have now, extrapolating out with the buffs and nerfs that we see on the PTR.  It's not that hard to understand.

3.  The simpleminded way you present your arguments and make blanket statements with little to no evidence is getting really annoying.  Please post more responsibly or don't post at all.

Edited by Nadagast, 25 April 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#148 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Lets break it down for people so we can be ultra clear on things:

1. We hate, absolutely hate instant dots
2. We hate how even with full dots on an entire team, almost no pressure is generated (outside of dark soul). If you claim there is pressure, you mathematically challenged. A full line of dots wont even take 14% of someones hp after they all tick. That is nothing.
3. We dont want to one shot a team all by ourselves with our dots.
4. We want to cast and thus be rewarded with real dmg that generates real pressure.
5. We would also like to not die super fucking easy. The next patch will bring some heavy nerfs to survival. It would be nice for a spec revolved around rotting people over time, to be able to tank a bit better than it currently does.
6. SB:SS should be massively nerfed if dots are buffed to reasonable levels.

How could anyone possible object to this happening?

#149 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostNadagast, on 25 April 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

3.  The simpleminded way you present your arguments and make blanket statements with little to no evidence is getting really annoying.  Please post more responsibly or don't post at all.

You should tell that to the majority of the warlocks in this thread =/

#150 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 25 April 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Lets break it down for people so we can be ultra clear on things:

1. We hate, absolutely hate instant dots
2. We hate how even with full dots on an entire team, almost no pressure is generated (outside of dark soul). If you claim there is pressure, you mathematically challenged. A full line of dots wont even take 14% of someones hp after they all tick. That is nothing.
3. We dont want to one shot a team all by ourselves with our dots.
4. We want to cast and thus be rewarded with real dmg that generates real pressure.
5. We would also like to not die super fucking easy. The next patch will bring some heavy nerfs to survival. It would be nice for a spec revolved around rotting people over time, to be able to tank a bit better than it currently does.
6. SB:SS should be massively nerfed if dots are buffed to reasonable levels.

How could anyone possible object to this happening?
I agree entirely, just remove soul burn soulswap and damage would go up from dots a lot... they tick for crap amounts as it is

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 25 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#151 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 25 April 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

And your solution apparently is to make resto druids as op as dks in s5 or paladins as op as resto druids in s4 which obviously is not the way to go with balancing the game.

I'm pretty sure if during season 5 blizzard made every dps one shot kids like death knights and hunters everyone would have quit the game cause who wants to play a game where the whole point of it is to win in two globals????

what did i suggest that would make affliction overpowered? giving haunt a cool down/no shard cost via a set bonus? making gateway healable?

i actually think warlock damage is fine, it's the fact they're so easy to cleave/shut down.

while gateway in its current form is pretty broken if you manage to get it off, ptr gateway isn't even worth casting, i'd be more than happy with the gateway nerf if it was healable.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#152 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

that guy ..

#153 sibellx

sibellx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2334
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostMirionx, on 24 April 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

what, did you play in cata?

Miríon #1 Whiner on AJ - and btw mait Palas are fine.

#154 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

http://www.arenajunk...on-in-arena-53/

1k5 dot gg

#155 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Global damage reduction should only provide to be good for us. The longer games, the more we shine generally.

#156 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

No. This is not about game length, this is about effective health.

Higher EHP will make our damage feel even more useless - we will be able to contribute even less to kill attempts during healer CC / burst. The game gets slower, everyone will have more globals to spare, outhealing DoTs will be even easier. They will tick for 1.5-2.5k on 450-500k hp targets, good luck.

This change will rape us if it goes through.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#157 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostThaya, on 27 April 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

No. This is not about game length, this is about effective health.

Higher EHP will make our damage feel even more useless - we will be able to contribute even less to kill attempts during healer CC / burst. The game gets slower, everyone will have more globals to spare, outhealing DoTs will be even easier. They will tick for 1.5-2.5k on 450-500k hp targets, good luck.

This change will rape us if it goes through.
No, since you are the least affected class. The less damage you do already the less you're affected by this change.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#158 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

I do get what you mean: i.e. looking at a short timeframe (kill opportunity), class A bursts while our dots are just slowly ticking. Yes, the bursting class will lose more damage done here in absolute numbers.

But what I was getting at is, now there will be no combinations where our dot damage will be enough to EVER land a kill during those short time frames, and the fact that other classes won't be able to solo shit and cover our disadvantages makes it even worse for us. (Vast exaggerating, intended as example.)

Noamsayin?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#159 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

So a 10% buff to dot damage was laughable bad, but a 10% nerf to our dots is omfg? I don't get it?

Edit: Healing is being nerfed too with battle fatigue.

Edited by Persephones, 27 April 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#160 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostBraindance, on 27 April 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

No, since you are the least affected class. The less damage you do already the less you're affected by this change.

I can see why you think this makes sense. I'll explain why it doesn't.

If you have too much damage already, and get a "minor" damage nerf chances are that this nerf won't affect your ability to be able to kill someone.

If you have too low damage and you get a "minor"(same % but I do understand how you think) damage nerf chances are that you will not be able to kill a target, as you barely were able prenerf.

I'm not saying I know anything about lockdamage, I really don't. But your logic isn't actually logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<